This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Shinden 1/72

Seen here are several options of camouflage and color schemes for the Kyūshū J7W1 Shinden and J7W2 Shinden-Kai 1/72 scale static plastic models put together by my son Luis. we share our enthusiasm for this plane and am planning to engineer small electric flying models of it in a future. some seen here are fictitious versions that never happened, including racers.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jan 11, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2012, 11:14 PM
Grumpa Tom
The Shinden has always fascinated me. It is one of my favorite planes. I would like to get one of your kits when you produce them so please keep me in mind when they become available.
Jan 11, 2012, 04:13 AM
Thread OP

drawings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
The Shinden has always fascinated me. It is one of my favorite planes. I would like to get one of your kits when you produce them so please keep me in mind when they become available.
if not kits, at least drawings. i will be happy to do so.
i will start with a foamie , very much like the 1s i have been designing in recent times, just to evaluate it, then will step up into a balsa stick-n-tissue version, painted by my son.
by the way, thanks to your advice, i think now my son got the pics right. he will replace the mustang pics soon.
Jan 16, 2012, 03:14 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Very nice. I have a HL version of that which I have yet to assemble. It is foam.

Now those models are very well done. Hats off to you and your son.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Jan 16, 2012, 05:42 PM
Thread OP

more to come

thank you sir. i have been intrigued with canards for a long time, and with the ultra micros it's quite a challenge. i tried 2 that you can see at my blog (snowfox and snowgoose) and by now i have a better idea of things like incidence and cg so i will try a small foamie powered with same motors first, then i will go to next size motors and larger model, foamie too, for checking details. then the built-up version, stick and tissue. we'll see, but it will be lots of fun, as always.
keep in touch.
Jan 17, 2012, 04:04 PM
Just some guy

Shinden

I really enjoy yours pictures. Thank you for taking the time to post them.

Dave
Jan 17, 2012, 07:27 PM
Thread OP

good to know

it's good to hear from you. it's until 1 gets feedback that has a clue of how much their work is liked-or not.
but it's my son who assembles and paints (and takes pictures of) these plastic models, like the shinden and mustang, and has a large studio full of plastic models of airplanes and military vehicles, all masterpieces.
i will pass your comments to him.
i specialize in electric r/c flying models, and now more into the smallest, called ultra-micro.

Quick Reply