Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 06, 2003, 01:44 PM
Head...Paper...Now!

Alfa's Models New La-7, Yak-3 & FW190A

Are these assume or what!!!

I'am all over this one!
Last edited by JFGrn; Oct 06, 2003 at 01:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2003, 01:46 PM
Head...Paper...Now!
... Yak-3
Oct 06, 2003, 01:48 PM
Head...Paper...Now!
What better to fight the Russian's!
Oct 06, 2003, 02:14 PM
The Fw-190 WILL be in my model collection as soon as they are available. I'm not too interested in the La-7 or Yak-3.

The detail isn't up to Flying Styro standards but enough for my tastes. I'm sure they will fly circles around the FS models and have enough room for serious motor upgrades.
Oct 06, 2003, 02:41 PM
Hooked On Flying!!!
Alfa Models builds awesome planes! I just got the P51 and it is a beatiful plane and have not yet been able to fly it. Got an email from a tech at Alfa Models this morning as I had enquired about the New Corsair and when it would be available in the US. He said that they are working very hard to get this plane out and he said Hobby-Lobby should have them in about 6 weeks. If you go to Alfa Models website (http://www.alfamodel.cz/index_eng.htm) you can veiw the planes. The Corsair looks awesome and if its like the other planes they have released it will be great! Can't wait to check it out.
HAPPY FLYING!!!
Oct 06, 2003, 02:47 PM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Out of those three I like the Yak-3.

Very cool.
Oct 06, 2003, 03:28 PM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally posted by tahoecrest
Alfa Models builds awesome planes! I just got the P51 and it is a beatiful plane and have not yet been able to fly it. Got an email from a tech at Alfa Models this morning as I had enquired about the New Corsair and when it would be available in the US. He said that they are working very hard to get this plane out and he said Hobby-Lobby should have them in about 6 weeks. If you go to Alfa Models website (http://www.alfamodel.cz/index_eng.htm) you can veiw the planes. The Corsair looks awesome and if its like the other planes they have released it will be great! Can't wait to check it out.
HAPPY FLYING!!!
I own an ALPHA P-47D THUNDERBOLT and it flys awesome!

I have over 40 flights now and you can see my thread at:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hreadid=112646

The only slightly and remotely item that perhaps fall on the negative side is these models are very fragile and you need to be good at flying these models. Otherwise everything else including fantastic flying characteristics are just GREAT!

Carlos.
Oct 06, 2003, 03:30 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
I want that YAK!
Oct 06, 2003, 03:53 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
i still prefer the corsair

phil
Oct 06, 2003, 04:06 PM
Account closed
Gang,

I still perfer another P-47D THUNDERBOLT because of it's extended FUSE belly and during landings the prop doesn't even come in contact with the ground until of course it has rested to a stop.

I am considering the heavier Jim Ryan's P-47D for a more rugged balsa, plywood model.

Does anyone know of any other BALSA, PLY models out there in the 30 to 40 inch wing span?

Thanks,
Carlos
Oct 06, 2003, 11:15 PM
Head...Paper...Now!
HI Carlos,

I believe there is going to be a new line of fighter types with a WS of around 31".
Made with built up balsa/ply fuse and foam balsa sheeted wings form a
company called "TDL" (I think that is there name.)
Anyway, they are going to have a p-51 reno racer, p-40, yak-1 and a Ki-61 Tony. There may be more.
I'm getting the Yak-1 from my LHS for $64., and should have it by tomorrow.
I will let you know how it looks.

---John---
Last edited by JFGrn; Oct 07, 2003 at 04:01 PM.
Oct 06, 2003, 11:18 PM
Purple power
1 pick, the FW190
2 pick, the Yak
Oct 07, 2003, 12:39 AM
Yes, Bring on the Corsair.

I hope Hobby Lobby imports them.
Oct 07, 2003, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JFGrn
HI Carlos,

I believe there is going to be a new line of fighter types with a WS of around 31".
Made with built up balsa/ply fuse and foam balsa sheeted wings form a
company called "TDL" (I think that is there name.)
Anyway, they are going to have a p-51 reno racer, p-40, yak-3 and a Ki-61 Tony. There may be more.
I'm getting the Yak-3 from my LHS for $64., and should have it by tomorrow.
I will let you know how it looks.

---John---
Here's a link to an add in the for sale forum:

http://rcgroups.com/forums//showthre...66#post1356066

www.tdlinfo.com
Oct 07, 2003, 03:31 PM
Purple power
i've seen inside the box of several TDL models. they look well constructed.