Jan 01, 2020, 11:50 PM
Steve,

a lot of us here follow the Barton Forum. It may be new to some of the seps though.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2020, 12:35 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steve
This link is to his last build of the Ollie 5cc replicas, he made 3 ! Lots of photos of the build. He did not cast the cases, but milled them on a manual mill from solid, then finished them to give the cast look. A master craftsman at work.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newr...eply&t=1571447

Link does not work
Jan 02, 2020, 01:07 AM
My view over the back fence..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Link does not work
Sorry, don't know what happened there?

Try this one....

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/inde...msg193953.html

Jan 02, 2020, 06:51 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steve
Sorry, don't know what happened there?

Try this one....

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/inde...msg193953.html

Thanks for the correct link
But I suspect that site is going to lead me down the rabbit hole
Jan 09, 2020, 04:47 AM
Thread OP
Fuji 09 ( 1.5cc )

Never ran a Fuji ! Did run OS , Enya , Cox , PAW , Taipan .. And probably a few I have forgotten about .. ( CS 09 )
Jan 15, 2020, 01:16 AM
Rudder Only Lover
Internally the Fuji .099S-II is basically an Enya copy. Earlier version had a steel cylinder and mehanite iron piston. Last version (I have 2) are true ABC. This is interesting as it remained cross scavenged and not Scheurle.

They are good engines. Compression on at least mine are a little lower, 5.5:1, so it'll be happy on nitro. I'd say go for it and enjoy!
Jan 26, 2020, 01:03 PM
allman5
Here we have some nice engines, first one is a Dutch Typhoon 250 R 1953 Oliver contender !
Second one is a dizelised Cox Olympic, Valentine made
Third engine is a Oliver Tiger mk3 copy and I do not know who´s build it!
fourt one is in my belive an Eiflander 2.5 special very nice made!
Jan 26, 2020, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
Oooh & aaah !
That PAW looks interesting .. What evenT was it modded for ? ( Ooops = forgot the T ) sorry bout that
Last edited by old4570; Jan 31, 2020 at 11:19 PM.
Jan 31, 2020, 11:18 PM
Thread OP

Veco 19

An engine I hunted for - for a long time !

I tried to buy one of a RCG member only to be ripped off

Went to see a friend of mine I havent seen in a while , and came home with the Veco 19 .

I seem to remember this engine ruling British GY racing for quite some time .
Feb 08, 2020, 11:33 PM
Thread OP
The engine I wanted for a long , long , very long time . ( Over 40 Years )
When I started high school back in the mid 70's , the library had Aeromodeller Magazines ..
And reading those mags there were a few engine I kind of fell in love with , well I desired them !

One of those engines was the Webra 2.5R

Well , it took for ever but I finally have one .
Feb 16, 2020, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
Oooh & aaah !
That PAW looks interesting .. What evenT was it modded for ? ( Ooops = forgot the T ) sorry bout that
The PAW is aftermarket-tuned combat version, I suppose. Some people in the UK do that. 'MP' may be the initials and 'T' is just 'Tuned', that is, 'Tuned by M.P.'
A great piece of job has been done towards balancing, suction improvement, and lightening. The two holes in the cylinder head top are interesting. May be they are useful to a certain extent in terms of cooling efficiency and saved weight but look impractical for cleaning.
Feb 16, 2020, 05:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fps60
The PAW is aftermarket-tuned combat version, I suppose. Some people in the UK do that. 'MP' may be the initials and 'T' is just 'Tuned', that is, 'Tuned by M.P.'
A great piece of job has been done towards balancing, suction improvement, and lightening. The two holes in the cylinder head top are interesting. May be they are useful to a certain extent in terms of cooling efficiency and saved weight but look impractical for cleaning.
Team Racing = Holes in the head ..
Usually for more direct cooling of the contra piston . Generally speaking with a diesel it is a hot spot that gets poor cooling .
Which is why , when you run on the ragged edge of performance , diesels can be tricky to tune ( Any diesel can be )
Did they start doing the holes in the head in the 60's (?) or the 70's (?) Or even earlier ?

I seem to remember ETA 15D motors having holes in the head ( 60's )
Feb 16, 2020, 08:08 PM

ETA Elite Mk2

This is my Elite and AFAIK the only ETA to use the holes in the head.

Quick Reply