New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:11 AM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggles47 View Post
Ray,

That Rossi 21 looks great mate. Can you squeeze it into one of your Classic B's. That could be a good way to use it.

Coincidentally, I got the RAL Micron off the shelf to convert today. There's still some work to do.

G
We ran a few converted buggy motors on Saturday on Sherlock Supercool 6.5" x 6.5" CF props.

Got 25K on crankcase pressure and 26.5K on a bladder.

Thought I might build a Proto.

Stuart has sent your props, they came this morning.

Ray
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:37 AM
greggles47 is offline
Find More Posts by greggles47
Greggles47
greggles47's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktite401 View Post
We ran a few converted buggy motors on Saturday on Sherlock Supercool 6.5" x 6.5" CF props.

Got 25K on crankcase pressure and 26.5K on a bladder.

Thought I might build a Proto.

Stuart has sent your props, they came this morning.

Ray
We'll need to do lunch. I'm not sure I can fit it in before Cmas.

How are you placed?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:46 AM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggles47 View Post
We'll need to do lunch. I'm not sure I can fit it in before Cmas.

How are you placed?
Well the Duke of Edinburgh is coming over for lunch on Friday but apart from that I'm pretty well free. Next week especially. Could you come up for lunch and a spirited afternoon of modelling gossip at MP next Wednesday? Some of the Sydney crowd are regulars, and we could show you some secret projects.

Otherwise I can come down just about any day.

Ray
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:26 AM
aspeed is offline
Find More Posts by aspeed
Registered User
I have been looking for a deal on a Novarossi .28 buggy motor to convert for a B speed/proto, but with no good field haven't been too serious. At 26,000 rpm you are looking at maybe over 150 mph? depending on the lines and stuff. Is that piped?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:22 PM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed View Post
I have been looking for a deal on a Novarossi .28 buggy motor to convert for a B speed/proto, but with no good field haven't been too serious. At 26,000 rpm you are looking at maybe over 150 mph? depending on the lines and stuff. Is that piped?
No pipe, just open exhaust but 6.5" diameter is a bit of an exaggeration.

The prop started out at that diameter and is a bit less now.

In New South Wales, both combined and F2A speed are usually run off grass.

Ray
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:05 AM
greggles47 is offline
Find More Posts by greggles47
Greggles47
greggles47's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktite401 View Post
Well the Duke of Edinburgh is coming over for lunch on Friday but apart from that I'm pretty well free. Next week especially. Could you come up for lunch and a spirited afternoon of modelling gossip at MP next Wednesday? Some of the Sydney crowd are regulars, and we could show you some secret projects.

Otherwise I can come down just about any day.

Ray
]

Sorry mate, We are entertaining the Duke on Wednesday.

I'll ring you tomorrow.

G
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:15 AM
greggles47 is offline
Find More Posts by greggles47
Greggles47
greggles47's Avatar
Well Ray,

Your report on the car engines has prompted me to resume that unfinished project.

The one on the left has had the fins trimmed to the 1.5" recommended to fit inside a speed cowl.

Hope to give it a run nest week.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:30 AM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggles47 View Post
Well Ray,

Your report on the car engines has prompted me to resume that unfinished project.

The one on the left has had the fins trimmed to the 1.5" recommended to fit inside a speed cowl.

Hope to give it a run nest week.
Greg, that's the way to go, they look good. What do you think? Thunderbird? Nobler? Maybe we could put the in our now discarded Diesel Goodyear models?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:07 AM
greggles47 is offline
Find More Posts by greggles47
Greggles47
greggles47's Avatar
Hmmmm Goodyear? Would be interesting.

60' X .015"....

Only problem is where to fly.

Whalan is getting smooth enough, but the stunt girls (and probably the Local Council) would have kittens. I think they're going to pull the plug when I test run it.

Mannering would work if it could get off the ground.

Maybe we'd need to sneak over to Snives??

G
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:16 AM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggles47 View Post
Hmmmm Goodyear? Would be interesting.

60' X .015"....

Only problem is where to fly.

Whalan is getting smooth enough, but the stunt girls (and probably the Local Council) would have kittens. I think they're going to pull the plug when I test run it.

Mannering would work if it could get off the ground.

Maybe we'd need to sneak over to Snives??

G
Yep! Snives the place!

Don't tell the stunt girls though, let's keep it our little secret!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:12 AM
locktite401 is offline
Find More Posts by locktite401
Registered User
I was searching my engine storage boxes this morning and found these two Foxes. they may interest some of you Fox 35X Combat fans. There should be another box somewhere with two more and a heap of spares.



Yes there is something different about them.

:-)
Last edited by locktite401; Dec 20, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:15 AM
kiwi285 is offline
Find More Posts by kiwi285
Registered User
Merry Christmas to all and thanks for your help over the last year
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:15 AM
The Kiwi is online now
Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Old Timer
The Kiwi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktite401 View Post
I was searching my engine storage boxes this morning and found these two Foxes. they may interest some of you Fox 35X Combat fans. There should be another box somewhere with two more and a heap of spares.

Yes there is something different about them.

:-)
The one on the right looks like my Blue Label Rat Racing 40, with the fat-topped cylinder in place. The left might be a second of the same that once had a throttle and exhaust baffle.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:47 PM
aspeed is offline
Find More Posts by aspeed
Registered User
Went nuts with the camera last night. It's too cold to fly now for another 1/2 year. I like the "Stunt Girls" thing. McCoy .35 and .049, Fox .35, Axial converted dune buggy motor, Supertiger G15, and G15 RR.
Last edited by aspeed; Dec 24, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
aspeed is offline
Find More Posts by aspeed
Registered User
Some more. G21 converted car motor, Cox Sportsman .15, early Stels .049 and an Ucktam .15.
Last edited by aspeed; Dec 24, 2012 at 01:18 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Control Line Team Racer plans and pictures perttime Control Line 351 Dec 01, 2016 04:41 AM
Sold McCoy RedHead .35 control line engine $20 shipped revkev Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 2 Nov 08, 2011 12:39 AM
Sold OS-40-FPS, Control Line Engine "New" $80.00 Shipped! 1stGeppetto Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 4 Oct 18, 2011 12:38 AM
Sold NEW in the box OS Max 46LA-S control line engine Diane@lazertoyz Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 0 Jun 18, 2011 04:45 PM
For Sale o.s .19 control line engine i-fly-any-and- Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 0 May 31, 2011 05:45 PM