hobbyking has a new quad frame:

Details here: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=22397

It's a 50 cm carbon frame, price is ~US$ 33.41
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2012, 04:26 AM
Looks pretty good for $33.
Jan 10, 2012, 04:44 AM
Suspended Account
damn thats good for $33. i paid $25 for mine off goodluckbuy but i trust HK more, like goodluckbuy sometimes doesnt send all the pieces haha
Jan 10, 2012, 04:46 AM
Thread OP
Yeah, Bruce from rcmodelreviews did a video on that

Unpacking a composite multirotor frame from GoodLuckBuy.com (7 min 5 sec)
Jan 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Finally a proper frame on Hobbyking. If only they would go crazy like Goodluckbuy and add a ton of flight controllers and ARF kits too.
Jan 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
g0t rabb1t?
But hmmm, actually arms that are 90° to word "TALON" are hold only with one (top) CF plate, and one mount. Having in mind, that 1.5-2mm CF isn't sooooo strong (and that "TALON" weakens middle part even more), i guess 2 arms will flex/vibrate a lot.
I would wait for independent reviews first ;-)
Jan 10, 2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas
But hmmm, actually arms that are 90° to word "TALON" are hold only with one (top) CF plate, and one mount. Having in mind, that 1.5-2mm CF isn't sooooo strong (and that "TALON" weakens middle part even more), i guess 2 arms will flex/vibrate a lot.
Agreed - nice price, but slightly missed the target...

The user comments: the arm that are not connected through the small bottom plate are too flexible .. ' confirm your point
Jan 10, 2012, 06:08 AM
Suspended Account
frame been around for months on goodluckbuy, they just re-branded the top plate name etc.. stu had the frame looked pretty good seemed a little on heavy side but looked good.
Jan 10, 2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
frame been around for months on goodluckbuy, they just re-branded the top plate name etc.. stu had the frame looked pretty good seemed a little on heavy side but looked good.
The Goodluckbuy one in the video a couple of posts above, doesn't look anything like it. Got a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas
The arm that is parallel to the word Talon is one long arm that goes all the way though. The arms that are 90° to word "TALON" only go half way, that's why they have the small support plate to hold them firmly.
Last edited by Erknie; Jan 10, 2012 at 06:22 AM.
Jan 10, 2012, 06:22 AM
QA's correct - see here

Cheaper aswell

<edit> actually the design is maybe slightly different as one pole is full length so making it much stiffer
Last edited by Mike Barton; Jan 10, 2012 at 06:27 AM.
Jan 10, 2012, 06:24 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton
QA's correct - see here

Cheaper aswell
yup by the time u get the one shipped from HK it will cost you double then goodluckbuy
Jan 10, 2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
yup by the time u get the one shipped from HK it will cost you double then goodluckbuy
Good point.
Jan 10, 2012, 06:33 AM
Rather than doing another edit to my previous post....

Having looked a bit closer, the HK version is CF, wheras the GLB one I linked to is GRP.

GLB does have a CF version but it's double the price ...
Jan 10, 2012, 06:35 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Rather than doing another edit to my previous post....

Having looked a bit closer, the HK version is CF, wheras the GLB one I linked to is GRP.

GLB does have a CF version but it's double the price ...
true they did have the cf version, but still going to be cheaper then HK shipping, put the hk in shopping cart see what shipping costs. but yes your fright its the CF version.

so you do save a few bucks from HK with cheaper shipping etc.
-
(says to ship to me )
International (Registered) Air Mail 501-750g $14.99
EMS Express to USA (MAX 1kg) NO LIPO $25.95
Air Parcel (UNITED STATES) 300g - 1499g $20.94
UPS Express 3 Day (USA) 1kg $32.79
SingPost AirParcel 2kg / 7-21Days $39.89
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Jan 10, 2012 at 06:40 AM.
Jan 10, 2012, 06:43 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
QA's correct - see here

Cheaper aswell

<edit> actually the design is maybe slightly different as one pole is full length so making it much stiffer
i bought this and will do a review when it gets here

Quick Reply