2.4 Meter Horten VII - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 12, 2012, 07:23 PM
Retired CAD guy
We'll have to wait n see if it Fits the plane.

I made a mistake doing this one as I forgot to put a plane in where the hold downs were at.
As it was working I realized that i was going to MILL AWAY my hold downs about 1/2 way
thru.
Luckily I was doing Both at the same time and they were arraigned with space between
them. So after it milled the SPACE I tossed in some screws just before the hold downs dissappeared.
IT WORKED ! Wheew !
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2012, 07:33 PM
Designing something...
Nice save!

Where you able to pause the milling operation or did you have to do that while the gantry was moving?

Brian
Jan 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
Designing something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon Hunt
Brian,

It's going to be a winner. You're making me crazy. What can I say, but WOW! Nice job.

Vern
Hi Vern,

Thanks! I'm having fun!

Brian
Jan 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
Retired CAD guy
It was MORE FUN to do it AS THE Gantry was moving ! :-)))

CUZ ..

IF it aint fun DO DO IT !
Jan 13, 2012, 12:27 AM
Designing something...

More progress on the right wing panel

I managed to get some more work done on the right wing panel today. Here are the pictures...
Jan 13, 2012, 12:51 AM
Retired CAD guy
See there ...

Now that you stopped liftin weights , you have plenty of time to build planes !
Jan 13, 2012, 01:00 AM
Designing something...
Maybe you should go pick on Vern. Take a look at his post.

l8tr!!!

Brian
Jan 13, 2012, 05:29 AM
Brian, great work dude! She's coming together really nicely. My thoughts on the canopy/hatch situation - I myself would probably leave the canopy in one piece and make two smaller hatches on either side, with the openings between ribs 1 & 2 rather than over center ribs 0 & 1 (assuming center rib is "0"). Just my 2 cents, It's more a matter of preference I quess, not that critical.

Bob - nice looking canopy plug. This is going to be a nice bird.

PS: Re: the Ho III vid., I can relate to the prop coming loose, for a couple seconds it's like "what's happening here?- motors running but she ain't movin" LOL

Mark
Jan 13, 2012, 08:00 AM
ulpilotrmh
Subscribed!

Russ
Jan 13, 2012, 08:24 AM
Brian,

I found the weights are good for something other than weightlifting.

Vern
Jan 13, 2012, 10:02 AM
Brian,

I have been using my weights as well for the same purpose . Fantastic build, you are just chugging along and I am enjoying the ride.

David
Jan 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
Designing something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horten Freak
Brian, great work dude! She's coming together really nicely. My thoughts on the canopy/hatch situation - I myself would probably leave the canopy in one piece and make two smaller hatches on either side, with the openings between ribs 1 & 2 rather than over center ribs 0 & 1 (assuming center rib is "0"). Just my 2 cents, It's more a matter of preference I quess, not that critical.

Mark
That may definitely may be an option. I still need to look to see where things (batteries actually) need to go to balance the plane out at the correct CG.

Brian
Jan 13, 2012, 02:20 PM
Designing something...
Here are a couple more pictures showing the top flap and elevon skins on the right wing panel.

I had to trim the skins at the flap and elevon intersection a bit more than I liked. Because of this I'm probably going to adjust the lightening holes on the outboard flap and inboard elevon a bit. I may actually remove them. We'll see!

Brian
Jan 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
Designing something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
It was MORE FUN to do it AS THE Gantry was moving ! :-)))

CUZ ..

IF it aint fun DO DO IT !
Hey Bob,

Since you're doing all of this work am I going to be able to talk you into building one?

Brian
Jan 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
AMA 105167
Wow, you have made quite a bit of progress since I last saw this project! I see the offset landing gear solution worked quite nice. Very Impressive!