Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 18, 2013, 09:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt
I have also read that some FET go bad after usage (have no experience of that my self) that will give you low efficency of motor.
I checked mostfet (6890A) that locates at the opposite of motor connectors.
With only 30sec full throttle, temperature of the mosfet is increased by 50degree(C) where the motor temperature is only 27degress(C).

Is it normal?

I'm worry that mosfet is just heated and do not provide enough current to a main motor.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2013, 10:31 AM
Registered Fiend
microrcfiend's Avatar
Hey guys,

Been loving the minicp recently, it seems invincible providing you hit TH and don't land hard on the tail.

So time to go brushless is here and wondering what pinion would be best for the c05m 1300kv for best torque. Top speed isn't all that important as it's very fast already, just flight times and lack of bog is my goal. Also was just going to drop in the 4g3 esc from terrence at Jade. Is this a bad idea as I see lots of people using the heli esc flash kits?
Jan 18, 2013, 10:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony
I checked mostfet (6890A) that locates at the opposite of motor connectors.
With only 30sec full throttle, temperature of the mosfet is increased by 50degree(C) where the motor temperature is only 27degress(C).

Is it normal?

I'm worry that mosfet is just heated and do not provide enough current to a main motor.
If your worried or want to improve it either stack mosfets or get better spec ones and stack them!! or just go brushless and have whole new set of worries
Jan 18, 2013, 11:50 AM
Registered User
Crasy666's Avatar
But which owner of a mini co has changed to different servos? And what are the alternative? Maybe on a120 size it makes sense
Jan 18, 2013, 01:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasy666
But which owner of a mini co has changed to different servos? And what are the alternative? Maybe on a120 size it makes sense
This surely is a point for discussion. Probably most people never mounted any other servos, than the Walkera ones. And actually theoretically the new Servos should be cheaper. But as I saw, e.g. 711 sells them for the same price. So the advantage for the end user in this relation is not really there.

From the basic principle it is IMHO just a consequent further progress in the mini size range, for there every gram counts...and the servos are still easily exchangeable, not like in the helis with the servos integrated on the PCB.
And from a theoretical view, it actually does IMHO make more sense to have the electronic in the RX and not in every servo. As like that you can keep the delays lower.
The big disadvantage is surely that it only works with the corresponding servos.
Jan 18, 2013, 01:19 PM
Registered User
chinejade has servo's cheaper $6.00 maybe even wasp servo's could work too $4.00
Jan 18, 2013, 01:44 PM
Registered User
Super CP's and wasp's servos from chinesejade won't fit because they have 5 wires instead of 3 and no electronics inside, everything is on the 3 in 1. The best alternative servos so far are hobbyking 5320 servos. They weight less and are more crash-resistant in my experience. However, you need to flip two wires in the connector and re-solder 4 wires inside each servo. You will also need spacers, because they are a bit smaller than the originals. Performance is the same.
Last edited by Mig_31; Jan 18, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Jan 18, 2013, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig_31
Super CP's and wasp's servos from chinesejade won't fit because they have 5 wires instead of 3 and no electronics inside, everything is on the 3 in 1. The best alternative servos so far are hobbyking 5320 servos. They weight less and are more crash-resistant in my experience. However, you need to flip two wires in the connector and re-solder 4 wires inside each servo. You will also need spacers, because they are a bit smaller than the originals. Performance is the same.
head was miles away, Supercp servo's. And yes HK ones work well on my GCP once i swapped wire to pot around
Jan 18, 2013, 06:21 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Crash Survivor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiOi
I would also be interested, if there's now actually anyone who has tested this 14'000kv HK motor on the MiniCP. And if, what were the results?
Got mine installed & ready to test tomorrow. Been running my MCP with a HP05S awesome but only 3 minutes flight time. Spooled up the 14'000kv HK in my hand & appears powerfully. Just hope my flight times improve & still have plenty of power. Magnets on the HP05S are really strong, can't even turn the blades by hand without feeling like you have a bad shaft, but you can with the 14'000kv HK.
Jan 18, 2013, 07:41 PM
Registered User
Hey guys, at what voltage should I set my TX to have long battery life? I've read different numbers. 3.6 or 3.4? I'm using the Walkera 350 MaH batteries.
Jan 19, 2013, 04:34 AM
Registered User
Crasy666's Avatar
The super cp servo cost only 4$ so I see no real need for after market servo.
Jan 19, 2013, 07:13 AM
Registered User
sbstnp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasy666
The super cp servo cost only 4$ so I see no real need for after market servo.
It'll be very hard to find after market "dumb" servos, probably impossible.
Jan 19, 2013, 08:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStack
Hey guys, at what voltage should I set my TX to have long battery life? I've read different numbers. 3.6 or 3.4? I'm using the Walkera 350 MaH batteries.
If your TX supports a telemetry function, I believe that you can set your TX at 3.4V. You should remember that 3.4V is not a voltage at the ground but voltage in flight. When your battery indicates 3.4V in flight, if you land it, the voltage will be increased. However, do not fly the heli again.
Jan 19, 2013, 08:40 AM
Registered User
Crasy666's Avatar
Yes to get cheaper servos than4$ will be hard but I see that as the advantage of the super CP that the servo are cheap so no need to search for after market servo and if the function is ok I don't care if this have there own controller or not.
Jan 19, 2013, 10:20 AM
Registered User
sbstnp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasy666
Yes to get cheaper servos than4$ will be hard but I see that as the advantage of the super CP that the servo are cheap so no need to search for after market servo and if the function is ok I don't care if this have there own controller or not.
It will be a problem when Walkera decides to phase out this little bird in 6 months or so. If they won't use the same servos on the successor most will be SOL in a year or two.

So it has downsides.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!! DLY Micro Helis 9889 May 18, 2016 12:17 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 17 Sep 28, 2015 10:48 AM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 11:38 AM
For Sale Walkera 52 CP 3S MICRO heli(smaller than a Gaui)$75 DELIVERED Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2009 07:38 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM