Thread Tools
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:41 AM
itsmillertime is offline
Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioinc View Post
Too bad you're selling 'em after all that work, already have an idea which big heli to get?
Found it:
Compass Warp 360 prototype testing (2 min 37 sec)
Toy Fair 2012: Warp 360 - Compass (1 min 2 sec)


That's the kind of stoopid power I've been striving to get out of the Mini. I've come close but just want something bigger.
Last edited by itsmillertime; Jun 30, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:16 AM
dway is offline
Find More Posts by dway
Registered User
I am going to be getting a Mini CP in the next week or two and have a couple questions. This is going to be my first CP heli and I want as much flight time as possible to learn to fly it, so am I better off getting a brushless setup to start, or use the stock motor and get some higher mah batteries for now to get extra flight time? I figure it's going to be a while before I try any 3D, so the extra weight of the batteries might be ok - or not.

Also, what spares should I keep on hand?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:35 AM
dreamz123 is offline
Find More Posts by dreamz123
Registered User
Believe it or nt I had a 4ch v911 before my mcp and I had pheonix while I waited for it to be shipped and I was doing inverted hovering and flips on first flight. Go stock till u get the hang of it. Its a gd heli
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
zadaw is online now
Find More Posts by zadaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by dway View Post
I am going to be getting a Mini CP in the next week or two and have a couple questions. This is going to be my first CP heli and I want as much flight time as possible to learn to fly it, so am I better off getting a brushless setup to start, or use the stock motor and get some higher mah batteries for now to get extra flight time? I figure it's going to be a while before I try any 3D, so the extra weight of the batteries might be ok - or not.

Also, what spares should I keep on hand?
I would keep it stock for the moment. I would use 350mAH batteries from the Genius brushless conversion kit. They will give you over 5 minutes of flight time.

http://www.rc711.com/shop/37v-350mah...ath=166_60_263
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
Neoneo is offline
Find More Posts by Neoneo
Registered User
i agree, go stock
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:20 PM
itsmillertime is offline
Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Registered User
Go brushless
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
LevTor is offline
Find More Posts by LevTor
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I would keep it stock for the moment. I would use 350mAH batteries from the Genius brushless conversion kit. They will give you over 5 minutes of flight time.

http://www.rc711.com/shop/37v-350mah...ath=166_60_263

These batteries I like. They give me 9 min (with mild 3d) on a genius motor.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:44 AM
Neoneo is offline
Find More Posts by Neoneo
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
These batteries I like. They give me 9 min (with mild 3d) on a genius motor.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
i get 3:30 to 4 minutes 3d on that brand 350mAH batteries and another few minutes doing figure 8's around my property line. i never go till the battery is dead cause i don't want it to fail in a bad spot in the air and end up in a high tree or on the roof at a point i can't get to it.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:31 AM
itsmillertime is offline
Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Registered User
Killed a receiver tonight and in turn my interest in this hobby. I've spent too much money and am moving on. All of my Mini cp stuff is for sale in the helis section.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:40 AM
dreamz123 is offline
Find More Posts by dreamz123
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
i get 3:30 to 4 minutes 3d on that brand 350mAH batteries and another few minutes doing figure 8's around my property line. i never go till the battery is dead cause i don't want it to fail in a bad spot in the air and end up in a high tree or on the roof at a point i can't get to it.
Wot motor and main gear you using tho? And pitch settings?

Itsmillertime I know how u feel im unlucky and alwayr break my booms. I got 15 pre done to change to. Id love to go brushless but I dont want the hassel, just going to get a v120d02s v2 instead. They look good
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:24 AM
LevTor is offline
Find More Posts by LevTor
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
i get 3:30 to 4 minutes 3d on that brand 350mAH batteries and another few minutes doing figure 8's around my property line. i never go till the battery is dead cause i don't want it to fail in a bad spot in the air and end up in a high tree or on the roof at a point i can't get to it.

I actually set the telemtry function in my Devo 8S to 3.4V so it beeps if it is less than that and that's around 9min flight time with mixed 3d and sports flying.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:45 AM
zadaw is online now
Find More Posts by zadaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
I actually set the telemtry function in my Devo 8S to 3.4V so it beeps if it is less than that and that's around 9min flight time with mixed 3d and sports flying.
I have trouble in flipping the heli back upright once the voltage reaches 3.6V. Therefore, I set my beeper at 3.7V
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:00 AM
LevTor is offline
Find More Posts by LevTor
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I have trouble in flipping the heli back upright once the voltage reaches 3.6V. Therefore, I set my beeper at 3.7V
No trouble in my case on 3.4V. I do feel less power at that point but can still manage flipping back upright. Actually, after it beeps less than 3.4V on stunt mode I can still do sports flying in Norm mode for about a min or so. Total flight time around 9min. Again this is on a genius motor which is lighter than stock and brushless. Maybe its my collective and cyclic pitch settings. I know for sure that I have more than -10/+10 on them.
Last edited by LevTor; Jul 01, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joncreid is offline
Find More Posts by Joncreid
Registered User
Joncreid's Avatar
Just got a replacement tail set for my mini cp

The tail motor is working but
When I takeoff the heli spins

Tail motor fet?

Any help much appreciated
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:57 AM
OrbitalGolem is offline
Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joncreid View Post
Just got a replacement tail set for my mini cp

The tail motor is working but
When I takeoff the heli spins

Tail motor fet?

Any help much appreciated
Is the main motor running at full speed independent of throttle stick position? If so, then the FET is likely bad. That's the problem with mine and I've ordered replacement FETs from DigiKey.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!! DLY Micro Helis 9889 May 18, 2016 01:17 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 17 Sep 28, 2015 11:48 AM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 12:38 PM
For Sale Walkera 52 CP 3S MICRO heli(smaller than a Gaui)$75 DELIVERED Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2009 08:38 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 06:07 PM