May 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
Registered Canopy Crusher
I have a new found respect for all of you as I have just done my maiden flight with my brand spanking new mini cp... forget balancing a marble on a sheet of glass, this is more like ice skating wearing banana lined slippers whilst having a fit AND trying to balance a marble on a sheet of glass.

Fun though!
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeb
I have a new found respect for all of you as I have just done my maiden flight with my brand spanking new mini cp... forget balancing a marble on a sheet of glass, this is more like ice skating wearing banana lined slippers whilst having a fit AND trying to balance a marble on a sheet of glass.

Fun though!
for me its actualy the easiest 6ch flybarless heli i have ever flown. the only other that i own/have flown is the v120d02s and the v120d05. the v120d05 i have yet to have a full battery flight without catastrophe and heartache. as a matter of fact, i lost two out of the three batteries for that heli to overcharging/puffing..

my mini is irreplaceable in my collection, way too much fun and easy to fly and maintain. just wait untill you start crashing and you will see how durable it is.
May 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
Team Armattan
so nobody know how compatible this mini is to the v100d03 brushless? as well as how parts like the engine and battery stack up to stock?
May 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
I put the V100D03 motor on one of my MiniCp's. It worked well with a 9 tooth pinion and the Genius main gear. At first I liked it way more thann my C05, but after flying both for about a month, I have to say that I like the C05 better. More power, less wieght, and longer flight time. The only advantage I found was that it had a little less bogging than the C05. That alone does not make it work better. To me the C05 is the way to go, if you want to keep it simple.
May 17, 2012, 07:13 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Flyer
I put the V100D03 motor on one of my MiniCp's. It worked well with a 9 tooth pinion and the Genius main gear. At first I liked it way more thann my C05, but after flying both for about a month, I have to say that I like the C05 better. More power, less wieght, and longer flight time. The only advantage I found was that it had a little less bogging than the C05. That alone does not make it work better. To me the C05 is the way to go, if you want to keep it simple.
thanks for your answer sir,
thats what i got right now, the c05 and so far so good. i really like the canopy on the v100d03, but as far as i understand it the canopies are not compatible. have you tried the batteries? i just bought a couple to see if they are an improvement. out of curiosity as well, is thebrushless d03 tail motor compatible? i imagine you have both and at a glance can tell if it is or not.

thanks again for the reply, have a good evening
May 18, 2012, 12:35 AM
Finally got a new CP from LHS to replace previous MiniCP damage main board(burned due to wrong polarity battery plug), so much fun to fly with it.
It flies so well even under windy condition at outdoor, better than my 250 clone which abit twitchy(crashed too many times).
I may want to put a tiny spy cam under it to video the flying scene.
May 18, 2012, 12:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovin
Finally got a new CP from LHS to replace previous MiniCP damage main board(burned due to wrong polarity battery plug), so much fun to fly with it..
I would contact your vendor or Walkera directly to see whether anything can be done about your board. Walkera has been repairing damaged boards for free recently provided that shipping is paid both ways. It takes around a month though and I have a number of boards under repair right now.
May 18, 2012, 04:27 AM
hey zadaw, do you think walkera would accept my old rx even though you can see messy solder where the coil is suppose to be and no battery leads (needed them for something else)? They would probably say it's been modified upon receiving it and refuse repairing...
May 18, 2012, 04:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioinc
hey zadaw, do you think walkera would accept my old rx even though you can see messy solder where the coil is suppose to be and no battery leads (needed them for something else)? They would probably say it's been modified upon receiving it and refuse repairing...

They have fixed receivers that have obviously sustained crash damage and therefore has got nothing to do with warranty. My LHS said that the most complicated they have fixed is one that has been immersed in mud. You really have to ask them. The worse that can happen is that they may refuse to fix it or assess a fee. I am not sure whether you have to go through a vendor or not.
Last edited by zadaw; May 18, 2012 at 05:05 AM.
May 18, 2012, 05:28 AM
Thanks. Yeah that's what I did, i sent them an email.
So you went through a LHS? I'm guessing yours is going to Walkera USA, not to china... Or are they not allowed to fix it?
I sent an email to walkera china, since I live in italy... We'll see...
May 18, 2012, 05:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioinc
Thanks. Yeah that's what I did, i sent them an email.
So you went through a LHS? I'm guessing yours is going to Walkera USA, not to china... Or are they not allowed to fix it?
I sent an email to walkera china, since I live in italy... We'll see...
I use my street vendor in Hong Kong who forwards them to Walkera. There are also people around here who are capable of fixing receivers and who are not employed by Walkera. The majority of problems with receives revolves around blown FETS, damaged coil, and broken wires. However, I have to warn you that repaired receivers may not fly as good as before.
Last edited by zadaw; May 18, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
May 18, 2012, 06:56 AM
Hi Zadaw, What is your LHS in HK? I could use a proper brick and mortar shop for when i am in HK.
May 18, 2012, 08:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicg
Hi Zadaw, What is your LHS in HK? I could use a proper brick and mortar shop for when i am in HK.
Its is called CCRC

The website is ac-rc.com (they sell parts but not complete helis). They are usually fully stocked on parts for Walkera helis they carry e.g Mini CP, Genius CP, V120D02S and QR Ladybird.

Their address is

Checkers Color
Basement level 2
CTMA center
Sai Yeung Choi Street
Mongkok
Kowloon
May 18, 2012, 08:46 AM
Are the shop prices the same as on their website? If so, I'd rather stick to taobao. Their website prices are double of what I pay on taobao.
May 18, 2012, 08:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicg
Are the shop prices the same as on their website? If so, I'd rather stick to taobao. Their website prices are double of what I pay on taobao.
Their web prices are more expensive than their shop prices. You are not going to get cheaper than buying from within China directly.

Quick Reply