Thread Tools
Apr 05, 2012, 05:51 PM
Registered User
The internal 5V is the transmitter if I'm not mistaken and the external is the helicopter.

Ben
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2012, 05:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
I haven't modified the servo arms, is it really required?
At least do the Elevator servo as this is the one that will strip teeth from sport flying crashes. The other 2 will go when you start crashing doing 3D. Of course if you don't crash...

Moto
Apr 05, 2012, 06:27 PM
nac
nac
Registered User
nac's Avatar
OK thanks. I might take a look at the servos this WE, so just cutting a slot in the arm is OK?

Yep the 5v is the transmitter. i thought you could have both alarms set so that if the radio or the heli voltages get too low it will beep.
Apr 05, 2012, 06:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nac
OK thanks. I might take a look at the servos this WE, so just cutting a slot in the arm is OK?

Yep the 5v is the transmitter. i thought you could have both alarms set so that if the radio or the heli voltages get too low it will beep.
Check out Bytemunchers blog - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=296568 He has compiled some information of mods that should be done. Make sure to use a fresh blade because otherwise the arms will slip much too easily. I would suggest using the o-ring, although even with it, if the slot is too big they will still slip easily.

Ben
Apr 05, 2012, 07:00 PM
nac
nac
Registered User
nac's Avatar
thanks
Apr 05, 2012, 09:18 PM
Registered User
Here's a another vote of confidence for the Heli RC store: I placed my order around 2 AM their time, they shipped it by 10 AM their time, and included the following very much needed, very much appreciated, bonus in the box:
Apr 05, 2012, 09:26 PM
Registered User
I did my brushless conversion today and while sometimes the c05 works flawlessy, currently when I raise the throttle stick it just sits and sputters making slight beeping noises. Is there a way to fix it?

Ben
Apr 05, 2012, 10:05 PM
Registered User
Lower the gyro rate if you want to speed up the tail. Mine piros like a msr now. I was trying to get rid of my slight tail wag. Tx gyro gain anywhere from 40 - 100% and rx gain 45 degrees in both directions wouldn't cure it. I found that with a high enough gain I can eliminate the ccw yaw drift but at a price... a slow rudder. I prefer to just deal with the yaw drift and have a fast rudder. I even swapped in a stock tail boom and it still has the slight tail wag. Anyone else have this?

And I think "line" refers to linear - no expo.

My co5 does that intermittent no start if I have the gear mesh too tight.
Apr 05, 2012, 10:15 PM
Registered User
I think I solved the problem, my connections to the esc weren't so great. I re-soldered them, this time directly to the esc board. It's working great now.

Ben
Apr 05, 2012, 11:05 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime
Lower the gyro rate if you want to speed up the tail. Mine piros like a msr now. I was trying to get rid of my slight tail wag. Tx gyro gain anywhere from 40 - 100% and rx gain 45 degrees in both directions wouldn't cure it. I found that with a high enough gain I can eliminate the ccw yaw drift but at a price... a slow rudder. I prefer to just deal with the yaw drift and have a fast rudder. I even swapped in a stock tail boom and it still has the slight tail wag. Anyone else have this?

And I think "line" refers to linear - no expo.

My co5 does that intermittent no start if I have the gear mesh too tight.
lower the gyro rate on the TX or the RX? Im guessing TX. I want the piro rate to be faster than it is now, but maybe not quite msr fast. Msrx piro rate is perfect, something along those lines.
Apr 05, 2012, 11:18 PM
Registered User
Either. Just experiment on the tx first by lowering it a little at a time.
Apr 05, 2012, 11:23 PM
Registered User
if you want faster rudder set negative expo on rudder.. i have mine around -20%
Apr 05, 2012, 11:29 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Tom Z's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime
Lower the gyro rate if you want to speed up the tail. Mine piros like a msr now. I was trying to get rid of my slight tail wag. Tx gyro gain anywhere from 40 - 100% and rx gain 45 degrees in both directions wouldn't cure it. I found that with a high enough gain I can eliminate the ccw yaw drift but at a price... a slow rudder. I prefer to just deal with the yaw drift and have a fast rudder. I even swapped in a stock tail boom and it still has the slight tail wag. Anyone else have this?

And I think "line" refers to linear - no expo.

My co5 does that intermittent no start if I have the gear mesh too tight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82
lower the gyro rate on the TX or the RX? Im guessing TX. I want the piro rate to be faster than it is now, but maybe not quite msr fast. Msrx piro rate is perfect, something along those lines.

Don't lower the gyro gain more than 50.5% or your gyros will turn off.
See this post. I used this to setup my servos so it does work as stated.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2334

Tom
Apr 05, 2012, 11:50 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Tom Z's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82
lower the gyro rate on the TX or the RX? Im guessing TX. I want the piro rate to be faster than it is now, but maybe not quite msr fast. Msrx piro rate is perfect, something along those lines.

mescalinedream said "he felt that rudder imput was very slow with tomz settings".

This depends which setup guide you use. Some have normal rudder settings and others have fast rudder settings.
I am trying to cover all the settings that everyone can use to start with for Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, and 3D settings.

Under my custom Mini CP settings I listed these for rudder.

Aggressive 3D settings:

RUDD D/R - 125%, EXP -70 %

I would start at EXP -10 % and work your way up to the EXP -70 % until you get the response you want.

Tom
Apr 06, 2012, 12:07 AM
Registered User
I meant at full stick travel lowering the gyro gain will speed up the tail. I didn't mean dual rates and expos. I have 0 expo and 125% on my rudder but lowering the gain definitely sped it up. Turn your gyro down to 51 and see what happens, lol.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!! DLY Micro Helis 9889 May 18, 2016 12:17 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 17 Sep 28, 2015 10:48 AM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 11:38 AM
For Sale Walkera 52 CP 3S MICRO heli(smaller than a Gaui)$75 DELIVERED Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2009 07:38 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM