Mar 18, 2012, 05:12 AM
thought i would upload some pics of my brushless setup, waiting for my 4g3 motor
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2012, 05:43 AM
also should have my mini cp spektrum conversion project up and running tomorrow bought a new v2 board and the gyro seems to be working fine will know tomorrow whe i get my tail motors
Mar 18, 2012, 07:23 AM
picofly, i know the adjustment screw on the rx has helped with tail drift. //the manual states that its am ele/ail gyro adjustment. You could give that a try?
Mar 18, 2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly
I have struggled to find good settings for my Mini CP.

The heli does not like to stay in a tilted angle and that makes certain manouvers like funnels and tight banked turns difficult to fly whereas my Genius CP makes them without any issue.

I made this video where I fly funnels with my Genius and try to repeat them with my Mini CP.

I wonder am I the only Mini CP owner who is unhappy with the way the heli flies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGyRqBhpWy0
Maybe you could PM Manny and/or IndoorHeli, send them your video, and ask them if they are able to do funnels with their Mini?
Mar 18, 2012, 09:20 AM
http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...mart&Itemid=31

I see mcp x users are using this brushless motor. Just wondering why the mini cp owners are choosing not to. I watched a vid of a guy flying his mcpx 3d on only 200mah for 3 1/2 minutes with the 14000 spin motor. Sounds like a win. Anyone care to try? The motor is only 6.9 grams too.
Mar 18, 2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher
Tried this 14,000kv xtreme spin outrunner on my mini. Even with 7t pinion it had too much head speed...at least for indoors. Crashed it hard and ended up bending the feathering shaft.

Thinking I might try running this motor in my genius for outdoor sport flying when the weather improves. Maybe retrofit (e.g. velcro) a 600mah battery.
It seems Bytemuncher tried. Can you try it again with different pinions? What are the flight times etc. Is it worthwhile to use this motor?
Mar 18, 2012, 09:45 AM
When using the C05 and the Walkera tail ESC, I first solder the 3 black wires from the C05 to the red black and white wires that are all connected to a black plug? Then I plug the single white wire into where? Then the black and red wires connected to the white plug are my battery connector, right? Lastly, how do I mount the C05?

Thanks,
Ben
Mar 18, 2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream
It seems Bytemuncher tried. Can you try it again with different pinions? What are the flight times etc. Is it worthwhile to use this motor?
I think the hp05s is better suited for the mini in every way. It's lighter (5.2gm vs 6.9gm), slimmer, more than enough power, and kv is lower so works well with 7t or 8t.

I was reluctant to commit to brushless, but now I've got it soldered in on my mini. Before and after pics below. You can see I removed the temperature probe connector from the board, makes it a bit easier to fit the esc.

That xtreme spin might be suitable with a 6t 1.5mm pinion (not sure if they make this in mod .5mm though) and the genius main gear, but still a little heavy IMO.
Mar 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207
When using the C05 and the Walkera tail ESC, I first solder the 3 black wires from the C05 to the red black and white wires that are all connected to a black plug? Then I plug the single white wire into where? Then the black and red wires connected to the white plug are my battery connector, right? Lastly, how do I mount the C05?

Thanks,
Ben
Single white wire plugs into the board where the regular brushed motor used to plug in at. The black motor wires goto the red/black/white wires on the esc. If the motor spins the wrong way then swap the red or white or black wires from the esc to the black wires on the motor. You just need to switch one wire. Which esc are you using?

Homefly has a 6t .5 mod but is only 1mm id. YOu would have to drill it to 1.5 id What are your flight times and with what batteries are you using with the hp05? And is it possible to use the hp03?
Last edited by mescalinedream; Mar 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Mar 18, 2012, 10:04 AM
Ah okay, so the question still stands, how do I mount the C05? Also does anyone know where I can get a 7t 1.5mm id pinion or a genius main gear in the US?

This is the ESC I purchased: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290681673885...84.m1439.l2649

Ben
Last edited by Benf207; Mar 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Mar 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Ah okay, so the question still stands, how do I mount the C05? Also does anyone know where I can get a 7t 1.5mm id pinion or a genius main gear in the US?

Ben
Tom Z has a setup guide with picture of the C05 in his sticky. the vendors that have MCP main gear is helircstore or Wowhobbies. I use the Double BL main motor with mini main gear seems to have alot of power from the pitch pumps inside. I will take it outside an see how it performs.
Mar 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
the red and black wire that ends in a plug needs to be cut and solder directly to the battery wires coming off your mini's board. you could buy a 3 pin plug to solder to your motor wires so they can plug into the big black plug coming off your esc. Some people mount the board with velcro, I just soldered the wires tightly up to the minis board, You could order the pinion from homefly but it took forever to ship!!! buy the genius gear from Bob at helircstore.com
Mar 18, 2012, 10:19 AM
Vronny which batteries are you using with that motor? I didnt test all the batteries I had with just the double brushless motor. How long are your flight times? Do you have a genis gear to try out with it too?
Mar 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
Alright thanks for the help guys. Are there any other places to order pinions from than homefly? Also, I'm just wondering with the C05 is it as simple as screwing it in to place? Are the holes already there and do I need to order any extra screws?

Ben
Last edited by Benf207; Mar 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Quote:
Alright thanks for the help guys. Are there any other places to order pinions from than homefly? Also, I'm just wondering with the C05 is it as simple as screwing it in to place? Are the holes already there and do I need to order any extra screws?

Ben

I have a list of places where to buy pinions and C05 motors.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...448811&page=10

Tom

Quick Reply