Jan 08, 2012, 09:56 PM
Thread OP
Cool

Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter

Breaking News!

This was first reported by Vronny and Hellraiser. Walkera is about to release a new micro CP that is even smaller than the Genius. It comes with the Devo 8S transmitter and also has telemetry functions. The skids are now removable. This could suddenly make the Genius obsolete and I am not going to fall for this!

Walkera 3D fight test ! (0 min 45 sec)

Walkera's Newest Mini CP Helicopter with Devo 8S Telemetry Radio (7 min 18 sec)
!

1). Overall Length: 220mm
2). Main Rotor Dia. : 241mm
3). Tail Rotor Dia. : 42mm
4). Gyro: Three-axis
5). All-up Weight: 45g (Battery included)
6). Main Brush Motor: 1220FC
7). Tail Brush Motor: 0615R
8). transmitter: DEVO-6/7/12
9). Standard transmitter: DEVO-8S
10).Receiver: RX2632V-DOptional
11).Servo: wk-02-4;weight: 2.42g;speed: 0.12sec/60°(3.0~4.5V);dimension: 16.5*6.8*15.7mm
12).Battery: 3.7V 240mAh Li-Po

1). The flybarless design characterizes low power loss and great improvements in efficiency.
2). Sophisticated 3-Axis gyro flybarless stabilization system automatically adjusts the controls for stable flight .
3). Highly developed low voltage drive system provides a green, environmentally friendly and safe power solution.
4). Mini size helicopter for indoors, providing 5-6 minutes of flight time after a full charge.
5). Telemetry of Temperature and voltage, and program upgrading online become available when working with DEVO-8S.
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2012, 10:09 PM
Suspended Account
Seen this over on another forum.

Seems that all of us who have the Genius CP simply have pre-production beta models of this.

I wont be getting this anytime soon, and if I do I shall leave it to the beta testers as I did with my 1 week old Genius.

I just keep my fingers crossed that the Genius doesn't become obsolete any time soon.
Jan 08, 2012, 10:44 PM
Farmer
That is one ugly helicopter, looks like one of mario's MIA's tuff junks

Just lost total intrest in walkera because of this heli, I sure hope this is some kind of joke walkera
Jan 08, 2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r
That is one ugly helicopter, looks like one of mario's MIA's tuff junks

Just lost total intrest in walkera because of this heli, I sure hope this is some kind of joke walkera
Thats walkera for you Dave they are experts at moving the goal posts just let this new heli roll out and see just what it brings to the table - probably very little and is more of a gimmick to roll out the new telemetry technology - personally I don not need the heli to tell the Tx the voltage and cannot see much use for telemetry placed on a screen I do not look at when flying the model

Regards David
Jan 08, 2012, 11:04 PM
Prices had already started to plummet on Genius barebones and combo packs, so the writing was on the wall.
They (Walkera) release far too many models far too quickly instead of focusing on releasing the best possible for each size.
I was going to buy one of the combos this week as they are so cheap now it's ridiculous, but I have to wonder in light of this info whether it's just stock dumping.
They could have released the Genius as brushless right from the get-go, but didn't, now there is an official brushless upgrade kit as of this month.
Jan 08, 2012, 11:10 PM
Reminds me of the 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, etc.
Jan 08, 2012, 11:13 PM
Farmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser
Thats walkera for you Dave they are experts at moving the goal posts just let this new heli roll out and see just what it brings to the table - probably very little and is more of a gimmick to roll out the new telemetry technology - personally I don not need the heli to tell the Tx the voltage and cannot see much use for telemetry placed on a screen I do not look at when flying the model

Regards David
I use a seperate data logger for my trex 600efl pro I check it after flights on my PC, guess it would be good for gps and quadcopters david, I can flip my genius in a car no problem so I have no need for another micro, skids are nice, but for outdoor and brushless modifications this new heli would be a nightmare. I dont think they are trying to replace the genius they are just trying to create a more user friendly beginner cp heli with this turd lol

Well atleast they succeded in breeding the genius with a PUG
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Jan 08, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
Jan 08, 2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r
I can flip my genius in a car no problem so I have no need for another micro,
a whole new level of "distracted driver"
Jan 08, 2012, 11:23 PM
Just sit back and wait for the truth of this mini cp performance unfold hehe Not going to order it anytime soon...
Jan 09, 2012, 12:21 AM
Farmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin
a whole new level of "distracted driver"
Well not when im driving the back of a parked SUV
Jan 09, 2012, 12:25 AM
Cool, but not really much different, the canopy looks undersized for sure
Jan 09, 2012, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze
Cool, but not really much different, the canopy looks undersized for sure
The canopy on the Genius introuced so many weaknesses
- landing gear was notched where the canopy went through
- canopy interferred with front servo
- slits in caopy were obvious weakspots - causing cracking on impact

A smaller canopy for the genius would have been a much better solution.
Jan 09, 2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666
Seen this over on another forum.

Seems that all of us who have the Genius CP simply have pre-production beta models of this.

I wont be getting this anytime soon, and if I do I shall leave it to the beta testers as I did with my 1 week old Genius.

I just keep my fingers crossed that the Genius doesn't become obsolete any time soon.
notice how they solved the issue with removable skids and different tail rotor. if it has 6-axis i wouldn't doubt they fixed it too.. my guess is this heli doesn't suffer from the left tail drift the genius has either.

i won't be buying a walkera heli for a long time.. they're using early adopters as testers. kind of getting tired with the way they're releasing stuff and abandoning problems from the previous model rather than addressing them.
Jan 09, 2012, 03:20 AM
Thread OP
I somehow doubt that a 2801 compatible version will be released. It is not even certain whether it will be available with the Devo 6 or 7. If you have a 2801 pro, the Genius would probably still be the heli to get. My guess is that it will end up like the V100D08, which is a good heli but not many sales.
Last edited by zadaw; Jan 09, 2012 at 03:38 AM.
Jan 09, 2012, 03:44 AM
Farmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub
notice how they solved the issue with removable skids and different tail rotor. if it has 6-axis i wouldn't doubt they fixed it too.. my guess is this heli doesn't suffer from the left tail drift the genius has either.

i won't be buying a walkera heli for a long time.. they're using early adopters as testers. kind of getting tired with the way they're releasing stuff and abandoning problems from the previous model rather thani addressing them.
+1

Going back to my big heli's, makes no sense they had a great platform with the genius with minor problems that could of easily been fixed, rather then producing a clone of mario mia tuff turd heli kits, which is exactly what it looks like

Farmer

Quick Reply