Jan 08, 2012, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Syma S800G 4ch Coaxial

I saw this while having a browse around does anyone know anything about this - http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1851.html - if its anywhere as good as the S107 I'll be buying one.

It looks great...

Last edited by Klippie; Jan 08, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
Wow, looks like a totally new design. No tail prop, and added swashplate control?
Only negative (for me) is they are sticking with IR vs RF.
Jan 08, 2012, 02:17 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
It's exciting to see that SYMA is not being complacent with its S107 success and it's releasing new products. The 4ch swash plate is a big welcome. IR control, not so much. And I don't understand why they switched from the S107 Tx to the smaller, less defined S110G control. There isn't much throw on those pots, and there was very little resolution last time I flew one of those.
Jan 08, 2012, 02:55 PM
Jan 08, 2012, 03:20 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Well, Syma is a "Johnny come lately" in the 4 CH market, but I guess, late is better than never.

we'll see if they will price it competitively with the rest of the existing market, which means, street price of well below $30 USD shipped for an IR controlled 4 CH toycoaxial heli. Especially now we are seeing RF and even 2.4Ghz RF controlled sub -micro coaxials going for less than $30 USD such as the excellent HCW 537, and it's common knowledge that IR components are dirt cheap compared to RF control components.
Jan 08, 2012, 03:34 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
What I have liked about Syma's helicopters in the past are:
1) How well they are built. The S107 is really strong. It takes a lickin and keeps on kickin
2) How spare parts are available everywhere, not only from a couple of overseas vendors

As long as Syma keeps up with these traditions, I'll be a customer. And from the pictures, it seems to me that this S800G is gonna be strong.
Last edited by Heli Pad; Jan 09, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
Jan 08, 2012, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
All I can make out from the pictures it looks like they have went with side by side rear mounted motors and single reduction gears...this is looking like one nice little heli...
Jan 09, 2012, 09:05 AM

Better deal and on 2.4ghz

A much better deal on Sky Star HCW 537 is on 2.4ghz which is most likly the same heli by another name. You can get one from banggood.com for $30 shipped
Last edited by scharlach; Jan 09, 2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added info
Jan 09, 2012, 01:09 PM
Master Of My Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by scharlach
A much better deal on Sky Star HCW 537 is on 2.4ghz which is most likly the same heli by another name. You can get one from banggood.com for $30 shipped

You can get the same thing here cheaper

http://www.dealsshow.com/RC-Helicopt...ro--41695.html
Jan 09, 2012, 01:36 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft

Yep! Just ordered one from them for $25.69 shipped. all it took was a little Google search.
Jan 09, 2012, 02:42 PM
Upstanding Member
Since I have a couple HH Force 4-ch coaxes I don't need anymore micros (yeah right!), but good to see Syma move beyond 3-ch. Now if they would just re-release the S022 Big Chinook with a gyro....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
What I have liked about Syma's helicopters in the past are:
1) How well they are built. The S107 is really strong. It takes a lickin and keeps on kickin
2) How spare parts are available everywhere, not only from a couple of overseas vendors
one more:
3) Buttery smooth controls

For me this is what really sets the S107/S108/S110 etc apart from the other cheapo 3-ch. They may not be the quickest or the cheapest, but they're the most satisfying to fly. Much like Blade vs. Nine Eagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharlach
The link shows a heli with what looks like a magnetically controlled "swashplate". From the pic the S800 has a true swashplate with either linear or typical servo control, much different.

Also 2.4ghz on a small co-ax is a waste, unless it's absolutely dead calm you can't fly these outside anyway.
Jan 09, 2012, 02:46 PM
Master Of My Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
Since I have a couple HH Force 4-ch coaxes I don't need anymore micros (yeah right!), but good to see Syma move beyond 3-ch. Now if they would just re-release the S022 Big Chinook with a gyro....
They have one with a gyro on their site

http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1867.html

and it come in desert camo as well now - very
Jan 09, 2012, 02:48 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Quote:

Is that Banggood operating under a different name? At the bottom of the page it says:

'When you order from Banggood.com, you will receive a confirmation email . . .'
Jan 09, 2012, 02:57 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
they have one with a gyro on their site

http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1867.html

and it come in desert camo as well now - very
HALLELUJAH!
HALLELUJAH!
HALLELUJAH!

thanks Jon - that will be my new aerial video platform