This thread is privately moderated by coreman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 08, 2012, 09:26 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Thread OP
New Product

we're offering completers for our Yaks and Mini Gremlins

Along with the introduction of our 32" Yak55 kits we are now offering completer kits, glue and tape so that you can fully complete your plane to be receiver ready, one stop shopping. The motor we are using is the old stand by HXT2730 in the 1300kv version so our power draw comes in at 6-7amps and it can be flown with a 2S battery and a 9x5 prop or a 3S battery and an 8x4 prop. This setup works well with the EPP or Depron kits.

For the EPP build we carry UHU por glue which works well and, in my opinion, smells less than the Welders for winter indoor building. We have also had some luck with the white Gorilla glue but the technique is a bit different. Mix the glue with a little water and put painters tape over both sides of the joint which forces the expansion into the foam structure. I recommend practicing on some of the EPP scraps in the kit first. Peel the tape when the glue is still somewhat rubbery and the excess flash comes with it leaving a nice seam.

For the Depron build we carry Blenderm hinging tape and recommend using Foam Safe CA for construction. We have also found "Hold the Foam" (found around here at Michael's craft stores) glue works well with Depron and gives you a bit more time (sets in 45 minutes, full strength overnight) for positioning and keeping things neat.

We have also started offering a completer set for our Mini Gremlin. This is the same setup I'm flying in the Mini Gremlin YouTube videos with my Orange Mini. I got a lot of questions about what to get and so I've started ordering setups to offer along with the kits. I don't stock a lot at any one time but I reorder often.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply