Thread Tools
Jan 21, 2012, 06:08 AM
The land down under
simo71's Avatar
I'm fairly keen on this one, I would give it a go on my 2650 4s as I'm thinking a lighter setup would help with harrier/ hover type manoeuvres.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2012, 02:10 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
I'm fairly keen on this one, I would give it a go on my 2650 4s as I'm thinking a lighter setup would help with harrier/ hover type manoeuvres.
Yep the only thing holding me back is wondering what it will have any basic 3D capabilities.

I guess I could send an email to Phillip at PW-RC......
Jan 23, 2012, 06:32 PM
The land down under
simo71's Avatar
I just ordered one, I doubt it is going to be able to perform full on 3D as the aileron surfaces don't appear to be large enough...I would be quite happy flying it as a Pitts though as I reckon cubans, hammerheads, knife edge etc are going to look brilliant.

I would think that the videos about it would be on 4s?
Jan 23, 2012, 07:13 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
I just ordered one, I doubt it is going to be able to perform full on 3D as the aileron surfaces don't appear to be large enough...I would be quite happy flying it as a Pitts though as I reckon cubans, hammerheads, knife edge etc are going to look brilliant.

I would think that the videos about it would be on 4s?
The Scandinavian video above is showing the python on 4S. Good luck, We look forward to hearing all about it.
H
Jan 24, 2012, 03:33 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
I just ordered one, I doubt it is going to be able to perform full on 3D as the aileron surfaces don't appear to be large enough...I would be quite happy flying it as a Pitts though as I reckon cubans, hammerheads, knife edge etc are going to look brilliant.

I would think that the videos about it would be on 4s?
Yeah thanks Simo for pulling the trigger on this one.

It'll be great to read your thoughts after it arrives.......
Jan 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
The land down under
simo71's Avatar
I'm thinking about getting some 5s's for it as well...Thoughts? From looking, Flit model & Sonic Modell share the same address so they seem to be one in the same. Sonic Modells website has some great pics...How good does it look!
Jan 25, 2012, 07:09 PM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
I'm thinking about getting some 5s's for it as well...Thoughts? From looking, Flit model & Sonic Modell share the same address so they seem to be one in the same. Sonic Modells website has some great pics...How good does it look!
It looks great http://www.sonicmodell.com/en/produc...?PSid=34&id=96

The video looks like it must have been the prototype.

Dunno about the 5S setup though. If your not in a rush it'll be interesting to see how it performs on 4S first I guess??
Jan 31, 2012, 02:32 AM
The land down under
simo71's Avatar
Received the Pitts today...It's pretty sizeable compared to my 1100's.

1/Fit & finish is pretty good
2/Carbon spars in top & bottom wing, wings need to be joined with glue. Wings can be removed for transport, I'd say 10 minutes each for removing & fitting.
3/ Cowl is held in place with magnets for easy access to motor.
4/ Ply motor mount as well as battery tray.
5/ Nice solid prop blades, held in place with nyloc nuts.

With my 4s 2650's it is still rather tail heavy (CG is on the carbon spar on top wing)

Servos are in place in each wing but need to be glued, I guess this is a good thing as you know that enough glue is in place.

More to come.
Jan 31, 2012, 06:30 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
Received the Pitts today...It's pretty sizeable compared to my 1100's.

1/Fit & finish is pretty good
2/Carbon spars in top & bottom wing, wings need to be joined with glue. Wings can be removed for transport, I'd say 10 minutes each for removing & fitting.
3/ Cowl is held in place with magnets for easy access to motor.
4/ Ply motor mount as well as battery tray.
5/ Nice solid prop blades, held in place with nyloc nuts.

With my 4s 2650's it is still rather tail heavy (CG is on the carbon spar on top wing)

Servos are in place in each wing but need to be glued, I guess this is a good thing as you know that enough glue is in place.

More to come.
Thanks so much for that report.

Interesting that wings can be removed. Even makes storage easier.
Jan 31, 2012, 02:18 PM
The land down under
simo71's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Thanks so much for that report.

Interesting that wings can be removed. Even makes storage easier.
Need to remove a good few screws to do it, but at the good thing is no glue is used to tie in the top & bottom wing.
Feb 01, 2012, 08:43 PM
The land down under
simo71's Avatar
Now not sure if anyone reading this can be of any help, but it's to do with the CG on this plane.

Now the manual suggests the CG is located on the carbon spar of top wing, now to me this is too far forward & the Pitts is still tail heavy. Now from memory & reading up on this last night it would seem that with a staggered style of wing (upper wing sits forward of bottom wing) the general rule for working out the CG is using the L.E of the bottom wing & mark to top wing with a straight edge such as a ruler etc.

Once I did this I got a measurement of 120mm back from the leading edge of the top wing & moved it forward to 110mm, at this point it's sits nice and level right way up.

I'm not one to suck it & see what happens, I rather get it right the first time & my other planes fly well following this.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Feb 04, 2012, 12:30 PM
Registered User
I just ordered the same in 1400 mm in Lindinger
http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=92979
I would tell you what I think after receipt;
David in France
Best Regards
Feb 11, 2012, 03:39 PM
The land down under
simo71's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadamen View Post
I just ordered the same in 1400 mm in Lindinger
http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=92979
I would tell you what I think after receipt;
David in France
Best Regards
Did you receive yours yet? I have been out of action for a while & not sure when I will be able to maiden mine.

How did you go with CG etc?
Feb 12, 2012, 07:12 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Thanks for posting those pics.

It looks like its at a pretty high level of assembly (i.e. aileron control rods connected etc).


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product LanYu BIG 1.4M CORSAIR F4U Warbird and it's EPO! jbc Electric Warbirds 65 Feb 19, 2015 05:55 AM
Discussion Who makes this Pitts Python model? racin06 Giant Electric Planes 4 Apr 02, 2011 04:53 AM
Discussion Pitts Python Crash : ( rc flyer dude 3D Flying 15 Apr 01, 2011 09:41 PM
Discussion Pitts Python 1,28 cm G.Hanssmann Sport Planes 1 Aug 15, 2008 01:34 PM