Jan 08, 2012, 02:26 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Walkera Devo 8S TX and Telemetry Module WK CTL01-D

First seen for sale from RCG Forum sponsor: http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=10315

Last edited by i812; Jan 08, 2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Added Telemetry Module image/data
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2012, 09:14 AM
Data sheet for Devo 8 telemetry update

http://www.walkera.com/download/DEVO-8updae_en.pdf

Regards David
Jan 08, 2012, 04:13 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Cool stuff. Does anyone here know where to get such an upgrade module?

So far I haven't found them just yet, but I suppose it's perhaps still too early.
Jan 08, 2012, 05:10 PM
I guess you guys didn't see the mini cp & Devo8S which I just saw Alishanmao unbox a new walkera micro cp smaller than Genius cp with removable Landings skids and longer tail boom
Jan 08, 2012, 08:05 PM
DLY
DLY
HobbyOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX
Cool stuff. Does anyone here know where to get such an upgrade module?

So far I haven't found them just yet, but I suppose it's perhaps still too early.
The module is available here:
http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=10895
for Europe :
www.trade4me.de
Jan 08, 2012, 08:14 PM
so this is the final finished product.

really not too happy with walkera rushing out the Devo before it was ready. from my research it appears all along walkera knew the radio wasn't finished, yet it released the devo simply to rush out the Genius CP to not lose market share to the MCPx.

basically our exiting radios are pre-production units and this was the final TX, and now they expect us to shell out $60+ to make our current devo 8 compatible with new walkera helicopters.. my Devo 8 is less than a month old.. typical walkera.
Jan 08, 2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny
I guess you guys didn't see the mini cp & Devo8S which I just saw Alishanmao unbox a new walkera micro cp smaller than Genius cp with removable Landings skids and longer tail boom
This one

Walkera's Newest Mini CP Helicopter with Devo 8S Telemetry Radio (7 min 18 sec)
!

Regards David
Jan 08, 2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser
Thats the one.
Jan 08, 2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny
Thats the one.
Interesting way to go and with telemetry on board - will it fly with the devo 6, 7 and 2801 radio but no telemetry features active ? will walkera actually make a 2801 version ?

Regards David
Jan 08, 2012, 11:01 PM
Farmer
The boom is not longer the nose is just shorter, That is one ugly helicopter, looks like one of mario's MIA's tuff junks

Just lost total intrest in walkera because of this heli, I sure hope this is some kind of joke walkera
Jan 09, 2012, 01:59 AM
DLY
DLY
HobbyOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub
so this is the final finished product.

really not too happy with walkera rushing out the Devo before it was ready. from my research it appears all along walkera knew the radio wasn't finished, yet it released the devo simply to rush out the Genius CP to not lose market share to the MCPx.

basically our exiting radios are pre-production units and this was the final TX, and now they expect us to shell out $60+ to make our current devo 8 compatible with new walkera helicopters.. my Devo 8 is less than a month old.. typical walkera.
NOT extactly 60$,the link I wrote on the last thread is used on the heli's telemetry module.
If you want to upgrade DEVO8 into telemetry function radio is only to change the radio module with <> mark, on the back of the DEVO8, the price is quite cheaper.
http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=10896
Jan 09, 2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLY
NOT extactly 60$,the link I wrote on the last thread is used on the heli's telemetry module.
If you want to upgrade DEVO8 into telemetry function radio is only to change the radio module with <> mark, on the back of the DEVO8, the price is quite cheaper.
http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=10896
looks like Devo 12S is also being released
now i'm glad i originally didn't buy a Devo 12, i'd be furious after spending $500+

walkera needs to get their sh*t together and figure out the final TX. i refuse to buy another radio from them now. already have to deal with a new Heli every other week with improvements the last model suffered from.. now they're doing the same thing with the transmitters.

Walkera Bi-direction transmission technology first video ! (5 min 2 sec)
Last edited by scub; Jan 09, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
Jan 09, 2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub
looks like Devo 12S is also being released
now i'm glad i originally didn't buy a Devo 12, i'd be furious after spending $500+

walkera needs to get their sh*t together and figure out the final TX. i refuse to buy another radio from them now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-aX0...eature=related
I have the 12 and happy with it - if I want the extra functions I can always stick in the new module so it just does not bother - now if they had not been a telemetry module then I may have had something to complain about.

I see more backlash from 6 and 7 users who cannot use this technology than from the 8 and 12 users who can with a simple upgrade.

Regards David
Jan 09, 2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser
I have the 12 and happy with it - if I want the extra functions I can always stick in the new module so it just does not bother - now if they had not been a telemetry module then I may have had something to complain about.

I see more backlash from 6 and 7 users who cannot use this technology than from the 8 and 12 users who can with a simple upgrade.

Regards David
it remains to been seen if it will bind to newer heli's, or if you HAVE to upgrade the hardware for your TX to work on future walkera helicopters that use GPS,telemetry,etc on the RX.
Jan 09, 2012, 07:41 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLY
The module is available here:
http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=10895
for Europe :
www.trade4me.de
That's the module that goes into the RC model though. I think Devo 8 users (the old Devo 8 radio that is) need to do some kind of mod / upgrade to make it telemetry compatible.

I'm looking for that particular module. Or am I missing something here?

Quick Reply