Thread Tools
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:29 AM
SCVJeff is offline
Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Registered User
Thanks, ill check them out. But the whole point of the question was to steer completely away from Rotor Concept. He will gladly sell you one, but parts and any kind of customer service simply doesn't exist.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
HummingbirdRPV is offline
Find More Posts by HummingbirdRPV
Registered User
HummingbirdRPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djemif View Post
Hi,

I have a problem with my T380. after flying around 3 minutes, the counter clockwise motors getting hot, especially motor number 1. Also difficult to turn right.
I replaced motor number 1 with new motor. Now it can turn left and right but the motor still hot.
Can somebody help me?
sorry for my english.

Thank You.
Have you crashed your T380 a few times? If so the motor bearings could be damaged. A bag of 4 bearings can be bought from China for around 5 bucks. Only the top bearing can be changed and is usually the only one damaged.
I have fixed overheating motors by changing the upper bearing. The vibration from the bearing will make the motor under perform hence causing the yaw.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:58 PM
eghershey is online now
Find More Posts by eghershey
FB Group: We Fly RC's
eghershey's Avatar

Rotor Concepts problem


I purchased the Rotor Concepts version a year ago at the RC Expo in CA. I have tried with a lot of frustration to get the thing wired to a Spektrum receiver/radio combination. Of course no one could actually tell me how to wire the esc to the receiver. Since that time I found a graphic explanation on it and it actually made the copter fly perfectly. I'm not a copter pilot at all, only RC planes. But in three days of flying I was doing speedy figure 8's and takeoffs and landings were textbook.
Today the copter wouldn't take off...one motor refused to turn. Turns out it had a broken wire, I soldered it and it works perfectly. But now I can't get the copter off the ground. Its so squirmy on the ground I can't bring myself to actually let it lift.
Only change, I soldered a broken wire to a motor.
I've read the last three pages and much of it describes my problem.. One motor seems to be spinning way faster than the others. I have since messed with the trim on my Spektum DX7s so I'm kinda back to a new radio maiden flight.
I've checked the bearings, cleaned and oiled them and gave everything a tuneup and straightening so I'll give it a go tomorrow morning.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:47 AM
ColSonders is offline
Find More Posts by ColSonders
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by eghershey View Post
I purchased the Rotor Concepts version a year ago at the RC Expo in CA. I have tried with a lot of frustration to get the thing wired to a Spektrum receiver/radio combination. Of course no one could actually tell me how to wire the esc to the receiver. Since that time I found a graphic explanation on it and it actually made the copter fly perfectly. I'm not a copter pilot at all, only RC planes. But in three days of flying I was doing speedy figure 8's and takeoffs and landings were textbook.
Today the copter wouldn't take off...one motor refused to turn. Turns out it had a broken wire, I soldered it and it works perfectly. But now I can't get the copter off the ground. Its so squirmy on the ground I can't bring myself to actually let it lift.
Only change, I soldered a broken wire to a motor.
I've read the last three pages and much of it describes my problem.. One motor seems to be spinning way faster than the others. I have since messed with the trim on my Spektum DX7s so I'm kinda back to a new radio maiden flight.
I've checked the bearings, cleaned and oiled them and gave everything a tuneup and straightening so I'll give it a go tomorrow morning.
If it's been a while since you used it you could try doing a calibration as probably mentioned in this thread to ensure the sensors are defaulted correctly.

I don't recall off the top of my head but something like putting the throttle to max after you hear the first beep of it turning on.

Other than that ensure you turn it on with it level so that the sensors initialise correctly.

As with others though, if you're still getting problems after that it's likely to be the ESC board.

Post your results back here though so we can follow what's happening
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:44 AM
flatlandrobin is offline
Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Registered User
flatlandrobin's Avatar
Just to update on my situation, new ESC board has just been received. Hopefully get a chance to fit it at the weekend and will report back then.
Nathan
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:05 AM
490905002 is offline
Find More Posts by 490905002
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
Just to update on my situation, new ESC board has just been received. Hopefully get a chance to fit it at the weekend and will report back then.
Nathan
Good news.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:50 PM
eghershey is online now
Find More Posts by eghershey
FB Group: We Fly RC's
eghershey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Note for auto level and calibration: (Updated page one)
1. Please only power up the model when T380 is level on ground
2. if with the above, the T380 still shows large drift, follow the video below to recalibrate the Accelerometer

http://youtu.be/0ZbNmMbuiDA
In my attempt to calibrate, I get the single beep, I raise the throttle to full throttle and then raise the elevator to full up but I don't get any beeps. When I allow elevator back to neutral and then return throttle to off position it beeps and loads and I'm able to fly the copter but it isn't anywhere close to being in a neutral state. It wants to spin on its axis and my rudder lever has no effect on stopping it. Also it wants to tilt backwards and takes nearly full up on the stick (elevator) to get it to level.
I had no problem, never calibrated before yesterday when a wire on one motor broke, fixed it and it now spins properly but the copter now has a mind of its own.
Last edited by eghershey; Nov 22, 2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Adding further results.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:18 PM
eghershey is online now
Find More Posts by eghershey
FB Group: We Fly RC's
eghershey's Avatar
Just took it out this morning and so help me, right from the get-go, it flew just as well as it has before. Just perfect. But.....about 2 minutes into the flight it started kinda' doing its own thing. Extremely hard to control and keep it in the area. Thank goodness the throttle worked smoothly, I was able to land it with success.
I did a visual check and said what the heck, give it a try with a fresh battery, It did the same thing, took about 3 minutes before it started misbehaving. It never did start beeping and when I put batteries on the charger, they still showed more than enough voltage to fly.
I'm going to take the copter apart and give everything a good going over.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:45 PM
Rogerdee is offline
Find More Posts by Rogerdee
Registered User

Same problem


I do have a bent prop shaft after a crash and suspect a bearing also.

Starts off okay but after about two minutes it develops a mind of its own also.

Waiting on a new motor from rccarmax--been about 3 weeks so far to get from the US to here.

Lets see-will recalibrate and check.

Roger
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:59 PM
tallflyer is offline
Find More Posts by tallflyer
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
I just rebuilt mine and this time I used a Orange Hobby King REC (spektrum clone) I left it is the case this time and the glitching I had went away for now I was able to get a quick hover in. It seem to be working ok with no bad behavors.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
Rogerdee is offline
Find More Posts by Rogerdee
Registered User

Mind of its own.


Got my two new motors today.Thanks 490905002

Replaced my bent rotor shaft assembly with new one.

Recalibrated accelerometer

Flew smoother and quieter but two mins later--a mind of its own

So ,any tips out there ?

Roger
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:23 AM
tallflyer is offline
Find More Posts by tallflyer
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
After a crash that took off half my skid.I went through my helicopters wires with a volt meter and found a few bad solder joints along the way. I fixed what I found. and I have not had any issues. knock on wood so far.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:35 AM
ColSonders is offline
Find More Posts by ColSonders
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
After a crash that took off half my skid.I went through my helicopters wires with a volt meter and found a few bad solder joints along the way. I fixed what I found. and I have not had any issues. knock on wood so far.
Was this the wires on the motors or also wires between the FC and ESC boards?

It would be interesting to know as I don't plan on replacing either of those boards with stock parts if they become faulty, I was planning on buying a different ESC/FC combo when one of them fails.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
Rogerdee is offline
Find More Posts by Rogerdee
Registered User

Thanks for the advice


Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
After a crash that took off half my skid.I went through my helicopters wires with a volt meter and found a few bad solder joints along the way. I fixed what I found. and I have not had any issues. knock on wood so far.
My problem also started post crash against a gym wall so will do as you suggest.

Ta

Roger
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:53 PM
eghershey is online now
Find More Posts by eghershey
FB Group: We Fly RC's
eghershey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders View Post
Was this the wires on the motors or also wires between the FC and ESC boards?

It would be interesting to know as I don't plan on replacing either of those boards with stock parts if they become faulty, I was planning on buying a different ESC/FC combo when one of them fails.
What will you replace them with? I'm frustrated at trying to find a replacement ESC.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Flight controller & esc's from lotusrc's new T580P+ quad malcr001 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Oct 24, 2011 06:09 PM
Discussion What is the best value 6+ channel radio available under $200 RC_Crazy23 Radios 33 Oct 11, 2011 11:10 AM
Discussion Quad Propeller Guard - Sharing ideas, videos, photos lowfi Multirotor Talk 7 Jun 01, 2010 11:12 PM
Poll Best value in ARF electric gliders? SquireM Electric Sailplanes 15 Apr 10, 2010 08:17 AM
ESC discussion thread & poll (best value on price, governor, softstart, program ease. mhale71 Electric Heli Talk 8 Oct 25, 2005 11:09 PM