Jan 07, 2012, 12:47 AM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
New Product

Great Planes / Electrifly Gee Bee R1 RxR

Electrifly announced today that they are bringing out a 38.5 inch Aerofoam Gee Bee R1 as a receiver ready airplane. For $159.99 you get everything but the receiver and battery. It looks like they got the look down even with simulated flying wires. They made the wheel pants attach with magnets so they can pop off in a rough landing. Overall it looks great for the money. It is due out mid January.

Check out my blog post here for more information: http://www.vintauri.com/great-planes...y-gee-bee-rxr/

Great Planes® ElectriFly® Gee Bee Rx-R™ (1 min 46 sec)
Last edited by Vintauri; Jan 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2012, 11:48 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Looks awesome and will likely be quite squirrely as well lol
Jan 08, 2012, 12:27 PM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Gee Bee's are usually great in the air. It's the landing that kills most Gee Bees. I plan on finding out
Jan 08, 2012, 03:00 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I've read and been told that as well.
For the price I might need tO find out as well.
Jan 08, 2012, 08:10 PM
Chris
I canceled my order for the umx gee bee and ordered this one
Jan 08, 2012, 09:11 PM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcsni
I canceled my order for the umx gee bee and ordered this one
Haha! Now that's commitment! I still might have to try to swing both. But the hobby funds only go so far.

Steve
www.vintauri.com
Jan 08, 2012, 09:23 PM
Chris
I'll get the umx still lol just need to find a way to hide it from the woman and the umx will be easier to hide
Jan 08, 2012, 09:37 PM
Wow! Way to go, Electrifly!
This thing looks fantastic...and just think of how much room for biiig batteries (and the associated hot motors).

Then again, wing loading is probably very important here.
Jan 08, 2012, 09:39 PM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Yeah the Battery looks to be really close to the CG so playing with different packs should be pretty easy. I just wonder how much a higher wing loading will bite you on landing.

But that should not stop half of us from trying!

Steve
www.vintauri.com
Jan 09, 2012, 12:37 AM
Chris
Is this still coming out this month and if so around what date
Jan 09, 2012, 07:32 PM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
The estimated time is mid Jan. Other then that there has been no real date said. I'm hoping to find out more later this week if I can.

Steve
www.vintauri.com
Jan 09, 2012, 07:44 PM
They had one at the AMA Expo this past weekend and it looked very nice. Alas it was up high and secured so I was not able to handle it but they confirmed it will be out the middle of this month. I am hoping to get one for my review ASAP and hope to take it to the Arizona Electric Fun Fly that starts on the 26th and I leave for it on the 25th. Tight timing. Michael Heer PS I will post a picture tonight from the Expo.
Jan 10, 2012, 01:06 AM

ama expo last friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heer
They had one at the AMA Expo this past weekend and it looked very nice. Alas it was up high and secured so I was not able to handle it but they confirmed it will be out the middle of this month. I am hoping to get one for my review ASAP and hope to take it to the Arizona Electric Fun Fly that starts on the 26th and I leave for it on the 25th. Tight timing. Michael Heer PS I will post a picture tonight from the Expo.
Michael i was there Friday at 12.00 noon. they had two Gee Bee's on the shelf. one secured & one loose. i picked up the loose one & examed it very closely. saw that it had a more powerful motor 3000kv.the Beast only has 2500Kv If you went into the room where they were flying , the loose Gee Bee was the one they were flying there. Haldayne
Jan 10, 2012, 01:43 AM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
We're talking about the Electrifly Gee Bee not the e-flite UMX one here. This one is bigger at almost 40" and takes normal rc gear with a 2200mah lipo.

The e-flite micro is interesting in its own way but I'm excited to see a larger one as well.

Steve
www.vintauri.com
Jan 10, 2012, 01:50 AM
Here are my two pictures of the Great Planes, ElectriFly Gee Bee R-2 racer that was displayed up high at the Hobbico booth at the show and it looked great. Mike Heer

Quick Reply