Feb 08, 2012, 12:43 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
http://www.bananahobby.com/2286.html
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2012, 01:05 AM
This is a great looking bird. Hands down my favorite out of all the foamy B-25's out there. My only gripes so far are the the nose l/g strut and the wing flex. Both of which should be a pretty easy fix. I would love have this one in my hangar.

538 bucks is a huge bite to chew on for for a foamy though. Dont get me wrong, the detail on this airframe make it one sexy . But thats even more than my Hangar 9 airframe was.
Feb 08, 2012, 01:19 AM
Tally Ho!
Prices tend to be lowered when the demand is superlow... xD

I dont know the margins on this bird but above 500 is not at all a feesable price.

KM
Feb 08, 2012, 03:12 AM
Well, the price is a bit high but it has so many scale details, specially the LGs/doors, flaps, bomb door, removable outer wings and don't forget the size of 79" ...
Except that and the fact a big car is needed, I'll wait to see user's reviews because of LX Corsair : Nice BH video, but rare others because the plane has many problem. I hope it won't be the same with this bomber.
Feb 08, 2012, 09:23 AM
Wow, wasn't expecting that price. It very well could be worth it, but I'm gonna have to wait and see the reviews on it first. As BigGuyJT said, its hard for me to put that much money in to a foamy, no matter how big and awesome it is
Feb 08, 2012, 09:49 AM
I love the size and looks of this plane,but.... My wife needs a new clothes dryer, and this airplane is as much or more, so guess who wins
Feb 08, 2012, 10:09 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
I have to agree with most on this one. Its is very much the most beautiful B-25 I have seen stock from a MFG. Like others though I have the same gripes about the wing flex in flight and the nose gear door. Did anyone mention that the nose wheel is too small? They got the cowlings right based upon the carburetor scoop type. That alone impresses me. There is so much that I like about this bird that if only those few details were fixed I would risk the divorce my wife will threaten for it. (Just joking, she wouldn't divorce me, but I would have to deal with some tude.) I really like how this has turned out and maybe one day I can get one. Till then I will lurk and see how this turns out.

Orion
Feb 08, 2012, 10:16 AM
So tell me why oh why do they not make these in 80 inch wing span--seems like all the imports like to stop at 79 inch---- it would make a big difference in USA sells for IMAA events---are we too small of a market ???
Feb 08, 2012, 11:03 AM
RCMafia
Nice bird..but ugly price.
Feb 08, 2012, 11:59 AM
Tally Ho!
The birds price probably is rendered through :

Mold of parts, Electronics, motors, esc's paintjob, carbon rods, landing gear+sequencer, workers salaries etc... That is why I would like to know Petes margin on this bird...

The foam/plastics are the least expensive part of it all. I for one would have liked to see a price of about 300-350 on it. Not this price.

For this amount of money i can buy a very scale looking fuel powered model........

KM
Feb 08, 2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wefinance01
Nice bird..but ugly price.
Can really put a strain on one's application of values, but, considering what it would cost to outfit a similar sized airframe with the features this one incorporates ready to use, I'd think you'd spend WAY more money, I'd say over $1000, no?

To me, it really boils down to it's being able to satisfy the owner/flyer with it's performance and will hold up to the rigors of flying and ground handling. With these super-sized foam planes coming out, it will be a testing time to see just where the weaknesses are that will fuel changes that may be in order. The material it's made of is actually of little importance if the durability and performance are consistent with it's good looks.

Lx has gotten thoroughly invested in these large models now and I'm sure they don't want to lose their momentum with these appealing planes. I hope they're ready to weather the input that will surely come and be able to make adjustments where necessary in a timely way. FMS has shown willingness in that area and it has made their products more respected.
Feb 08, 2012, 01:03 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers0403
So tell me why oh why do they not make these in 80 inch wing span--seems like all the imports like to stop at 79 inch---- it would make a big difference in USA sells for IMAA events---are we too small of a market ???
because the chinese design in metric.... 2000 is a nice "round" number.

at 2000mm that makes the model 1/10.23 scale. That puts it very close to many of the 1100 mm warbids out there like the DF P-51, the EF spitty, the Ming Hurricane.

Tom
Feb 08, 2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
This has my attention. I have a 95" ESM B-25, but with two $900 radials mounted on it and total in air cost of $3500...just makes me way nervous. Not much fun when your knees are knocking so bad you can hear them.

This LX on the other hand, Id have no qualms putting it in the air.....and Id be able to enjoy it.
Just like with sports cars....."If you can't afford to crash it, you can't afford to buy it".
Feb 08, 2012, 01:13 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax
Did anyone mention that the nose wheel is too small?

Orion
There looks like there is room for bigger tire on the strut, but not sure about the well. The larger tire will also put the model slightly more nose-up making bouncing landings more likely.
Last edited by Tom Hunt; Feb 08, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Feb 08, 2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamieFlier
Just like with sports cars....."If you can't afford to crash it, you can't afford to buy it".
Ummmm....you're barking up the wrong tree. A sports car is covered by insurance. Analogy fail!

Big difference in being nervous about flying an expensive plane with your knees knocking(as I was referring to myself and my $3500 ESM B-25) and being able to ENJOY the flight.

Nothing was said about inability to fix or pay to replace said airframe IF I were to crash it. Peanut gallery comments keep to yourself.

My mention that this LX would be a lot easier to enjoy is valid since the dollar value to replace is far less if an accident were to occur.

Cant understand that? Dont own a plane with a good price tag associated with it and the accompanying increased anxiety of loss? You wouldnt be capable of understanding in that case so mind your own business.
Last edited by kahloq; Feb 08, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply