Jul 18, 2016, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubs 9
Definitely ask for a new one . Looks like a stripped worm gear.
Ok, thanks Cherubs 9, I just sent them an email requesting a new nose gear, right side landing gear and a white LED!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2016, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubs 9
Definitely ask for a new one . Looks like a stripped worm gear.
Yep, already contacted and a complete new set is underway
Jul 22, 2016, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogrulz66

What do you guys think about that? Should I ask for a new one, or is this normal, I seen Pete and all the other videos with people doing upside down and they didn't have problems?
I have seen this problem before (on another bird altogether) and the motor gear was not making sufficient contact with the other worm gears. Since you have a new one coming, no big deal. but on the one I had, I opened up the casing and put a thin piece of foam between the housing and motor and put it back together. This pushed the motor closer and tighter to the other gears for better contact and no problem since. You could play around with your old one now, nothing to lose!
I'm am still eyeing this one maybe for a winter build.
Good luck with the maiden!
Cheers, DSA
Jul 22, 2016, 08:57 AM
http://ru.aliexpress.com/store/produ...271486370.html
Spare parts I take here ..reliable store ....
Jul 22, 2016, 05:38 PM

My Maiden Flight

Thanks dsa44 and Pavel Pankratov for the info...

Got in my maiden flight today and she flew like a dream. Just had to make a couple minor trimming adjustments and that was it!! LOVE IT

Sorry for the poor quality, it was taken from my Daughters iphone

Take off:
My LX Mitchell B-25 Bomber Maiden flight (0 min 48 sec)

Fly-By
My LX Mitchell B-25 Bomber fly-by (0 min 12 sec)

Landing
My LX Mitchell B-25 Bomber maiden landing (0 min 27 sec)
Jul 23, 2016, 06:58 AM
Failure is not an option
Jd,
Congratulations on your successful maiden!
Jul 23, 2016, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan mach
Jd,
Congratulations on your successful maiden!
Thanks Dan
Jul 30, 2016, 07:49 AM
Can imagine with what we were offered to fly?
On their background we looked roomed ...
Aug 07, 2016, 08:15 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
I just finished upgrading my pushrod hardware to 2-56 all the way around. She needed a bath as sitting in the garage had her quite dusty. Hoping to get some flights in at the club meeting tomorrow night. The Apache Princess will be a huge hit at the field no doubt. Wife is coming along to get some video. I want to try out these MAS props. Will be flying on two 4S 3000s.

-CC
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Aug 07, 2016, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
I just finished upgrading my pushrod hardware to 2-56 all the way around. She needed a bath as sitting in the garage had her quite dusty. Hoping to get some flights in at the club meeting tomorrow night. The Apache Princess will be a huge hit at the field no doubt. Wife is coming along to get some video. I want to try out these MAS props. Will be flying on two 4S 3000s.

-CC
Good woman, that missus! Cant wait to see the vid!
Aug 09, 2016, 12:05 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
Well, video did not happen tonight, but I did get some still pics, and I did fly the plane. It flew fine, and I was very pleased with the landing. I would have flown again, but by the time our club meeting was over, it was getting dark, and wife wanted to go get some dinner. (So did I)

I have the v1, but I just ordered a couple 60A Hobbywing (my brand of choice) OPTO ESCs. I will give it another go on stock props just to see how it differs, but will also be trying 5S. I flew my MAS props today) I spent the entire flight at jus a few clicks below WOT, or at WOT.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Aug 09, 2016, 01:22 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
Anyone flying theirs all stock on 5S? Got any powerplant performance numbers?

Edit: I searched the thread, and I'm seeing people posting numbers from 70-90A on 5S, and seeing others flying "all stock" on 5S. 70-90A seems very dangerous to be flying on stock ESCs. I have the v1, so my ESCs are 50A. I have a couple Hobbywing 60A OPTOs to put in, but now I'm not so sure that is going to be enough for 5S.

Thoughts?
-CC
Last edited by Cubcrazy; Aug 09, 2016 at 05:01 AM.
Aug 11, 2016, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Anyone flying theirs all stock on 5S? Got any powerplant performance numbers?

Edit: I searched the thread, and I'm seeing people posting numbers from 70-90A on 5S, and seeing others flying "all stock" on 5S. 70-90A seems very dangerous to be flying on stock ESCs. I have the v1, so my ESCs are 50A. I have a couple Hobbywing 60A OPTOs to put in, but now I'm not so sure that is going to be enough for 5S.

Thoughts?
-CC
Sorry for the late reply, but I am flying all stock. The only thing that has changed, acording to the old timers is the ESC, mine are 60A Skywalkers. Everything flies great and plenty of power.
Aug 11, 2016, 06:14 PM

Second Flight with the Squadron!

Everything went wonderful.
Does anyone have any 3d printing files for Pilots?

Warbirds over Leingarten (6 min 12 sec)