NEW Hobbyking EPP Matrix F3P 3D - RC Groups
Jan 06, 2012, 05:59 PM
A Texan abroad
New Product

NEW Hobbyking EPP Matrix F3P 3D

Just wanted to see what you guys think. It's on the new items page now.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2012, 06:20 PM
A Texan abroad
And just when I thought Hobbyking did something origional! Of course, same Techone motor and it is based on the Techone Trenches EPP F3P.
Jan 07, 2012, 07:46 PM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
The name just annoys me since F3P and 3D are two completely different flying styles.

Azarr
Jan 07, 2012, 11:39 PM
A Texan abroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
The name just annoys me since F3P and 3D are two completely different flying styles.

Azarr
I think, like the HK "shark" pylon racer, it just has F3P styling. (it looks REALLY cool)
Jan 08, 2012, 04:04 PM
Professional idiot
As mentioned it is a TechOne Trenches rebadged by HK. A lot of TechOne stuff rebadged by various people.

I've had it confirmed that the Trenches is a knock off of the Topmodel Kosmos.

I built and flew a Trenches in F3P-A at the EIM in Dec and my comments on the models aren't publishable on a forum like this.

As a fun indoor model it is OK but not as a competitive F3P plane.

Dave
Jan 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
A Texan abroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms
As mentioned it is a TechOne Trenches rebadged by HK. A lot of TechOne stuff rebadged by various people.

I've had it confirmed that the Trenches is a knock off of the Topmodel Kosmos.

I built and flew a Trenches in F3P-A at the EIM in Dec and my comments on the models aren't publishable on a forum like this.

As a fun indoor model it is OK but not as a competitive F3P plane.

Dave
Almost all of HK's profile foamies are Techone coppies. They do offer them at a good price though.
Jan 12, 2012, 01:51 AM
Risto Hölttä - F3A/P Team FIN
I don't think they are copies but genuine TechOne production, re-branded and with different printing in many cases (Galaxy / Malibu II for example). In some cases, HK adds a motor to the package.
Feb 18, 2012, 12:02 AM
A Texan abroad
Byron flying it:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hobbykin...22/pYFfXkpW3aw
Feb 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
Foam's Law
TechOne will make anything for anyone for the right price - as it happens, KingTech is their rebranding for HobbyKing, usually with a different name and colour scheme, but always the same foam and hardware.

Wildpalms comments on the original Trenches are accurate... its a pile of ****. Yet for some strange reason, I bought his one off him.... just what did you put in my beer that night mate?
Feb 21, 2012, 03:07 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
What you need Kev is a Dina and a Yofiel
Aug 27, 2017, 07:01 PM

Matrix F3P Build

Does anyone know if there's a build video for this model. My old eyes can't make out a lot of the required detail in the manual