Oct 05, 2003, 06:49 PM
The RC Geek
Thread OP

Pre-Production F-14 Kits Available

As Jet Hangar Hobbies is gearing up for production of the new EDF F-14 kit (based on Matt Halton's (bipeflyer) design), we have some remaining stock of the original pre-production laser cut wood partial kits. In an effort to make room for the new kits, we are selling partial kits at a discounted rate...

PRE-PRODUCTION F-14 TOMCAT WOOD KITS FOR 609 and MiniFan 480 EDF FANS

Plans, canopy and laser cut wood only $99.00 + shipping. Limited numbers. First come, first served while supplies last. Email at [email protected] for more details. You may also "PM" with questions if you like.

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2003, 07:33 PM
WOW!!!!! I want one
Oct 05, 2003, 07:38 PM
Check your email

Ryan
Oct 05, 2003, 08:02 PM
Hi Chris

Does the wood kit include ALL of the wing and fuse formers??

Is the plan updated to include ALL of the changes/revisions that this thread has identified? ie Swing mechanism etc.

if not, then how much do you expect the production kit to cost? MF-480 and HW-609 versions.

I am interested in the pre kit ,but if I have to spend all of my time correcting instead of building I will wait for the finalized kit.

Thanks, GREAT work BTW.

Bruce

Oct 06, 2003, 02:53 AM
Beautiful!

Matt.
Oct 06, 2003, 03:41 AM
smug in granny panties
Guess thats my sign to get off my butt and get one1 I'm calling tomorrow! haha

Barry
Oct 06, 2003, 09:38 AM
The RC Geek
Thread OP
Bruce,

Thanks for the kind words.

The pre-production laser cut partial kit includes essentially all of the main fuselage parts required. You will recieve a copy of Matt's original plans. The swing wing mechanism is completely setup with the laser parts, and it litterally locks into place. If you like to scratch build, this pre-production kit offer is a good way to go.

The production kit will include everything from the partial kit with additional parts (mainly for wings/stabs/dorsals and fibreglass parts, some added fuse parts in there too). Currently we are looking at about $325 for the production kit (has not been finalized yet, but won't change much from that). It will come with the following: Laser cut wood parts (all required parts included), CAD plans, foam wings/stabs/dorsals, fibreglass inlets, nose, tailcones, fan hatches, and main "backbone" hatch, and vaccuum formed canopy, gun blisters and chin pod.

Chris
Oct 06, 2003, 11:14 AM
Chris,

Is there a difference between the Cad plans in the production kit vs. Matt's original plans in the pre prod. kit?

Are all the required lazer cut parts included in the pre kit?

Based on these answers, I would like to place an order today.

Ryan
Oct 06, 2003, 11:24 AM
The RC Geek
Thread OP
Hi Ryan,

Yes, there are some differences between the CAD plans and Matt's plans, mostly in the wing sweep mechanism. The CAD drawings are based off of Matt's original, but reflect all of the updates made through the course of the development. The biggest update made is the wing sweep mechanism. The pre-production laser parts include the updated wing sweep mechanism and all of the basic fuselage parts. The F-14 shown in my original post was built from this set of parts.

Chris
Oct 06, 2003, 11:30 AM
Chris,
So there will be a small difference between the parts (updated swing mech.), and the plans? I can live with that. How do I order a kit, and what would shipping be to 14094?

Thanks,
Ryan
Oct 06, 2003, 11:55 AM
The RC Geek
Thread OP
Ryan,

Yep, that's the main difference. To order, email my parents at [email protected]. They will help you with whatever you need and can give you a shipping estimate.

Thanks!

Chris
Oct 06, 2003, 12:55 PM
FAA
FAA
Master Model Collector
Chris

Do you still offer the fiberglass ducts ?

Nick
Oct 06, 2003, 01:18 PM
The RC Geek
Thread OP
Nick,

Yep, all of the fibreglass parts that were developed are still available. These are to be included in the final kit offering.

Chris
Oct 06, 2003, 03:46 PM
Email sent.

Ryan
Oct 06, 2003, 04:27 PM
Acme Powered!

F14

Chris, she looks absolutely great. I just tried to PM you but couldnt do it. I am considering buying the full kit next year. I need to get some other jets done first. Your using Mini Fans right, which motors are you using? I am considering using 609's and Mega 22/20/2's in mine. Is there some place that we can get scale or semi scale working struts? Now that would really be cool but dont worry I wont get on until my glow Fury is flying
Nice Job, it shows that you have your fathers skill
Joe

Quick Reply