Jan 06, 2012, 06:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

UMX S-Bach or Beast 3d (with AS3X)?

HI.
I am locking for a replacement plane for my Sukhoi 26XP micro plane.
I want something with a little bit more power.
So i have these two planes in mind.
I want to do nice flight, but also 3D.
If the SBACH would be available with AS3X, than i think i would go with the SBACH.
But until now, i donīt really know.
Which one should i get?
I think, there are a lot of people who had to decide which one to take.
Which one did you choose (or would you choose) and why?
Thanks

Edit:
I just found the Durafly Edge 540 V3 Micro 3D 490mm (PNF) and the Durafly Slick 360 Micro 3D 490mm (PNF) at Hobbyking.
Are these two planes equal to the UMX planes?
They cost about the half of the UMX once.
Ore are the of poor quality?

Thanks for getting the best plane.
Last edited by The Spirit; Jan 06, 2012 at 06:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2012, 07:03 AM
Sounds like the 3D part is important to you. If that is the case, there are probably a lot of choices out there better than any you mention. None of these are really truly 3D machines.
Jan 06, 2012, 07:10 AM
Thread OP
ok.
but which one would you recommend?
i already own the carbon yak 54 as my bigger 3d plane.
so now i want a small one to replace my little bit underpowered e-flite su 26xp micro plane.
Jan 06, 2012, 08:11 AM
I have the AS3X Beast, and really like it. I don't know how to fly 3D yet, as I am more of a large scale warbird flyer, but this little Beasty is awesome. Very stable, yet very quick. It easily pulls vertical from a dead stop, so I'm sure it will hover. I only have two full battery run flights on it so far, one in 20+ mph wind!! It was very stable in the wind. Even flew one short flight in 30+ wind and it was able to handle it.
Jan 06, 2012, 08:12 AM
I own the SU26xp, Sbach and Beast V1, as well as several other micros. I have to say the Sbach and the Beast are two my favorite micros, I don't fly the SU26xp or any of the others anymore. The Sbach is probably more like the SU, only a lot more responsive and a lot more power. My Sbach is a smidge faster than the Beast, although the Beast seems much more maneuverable. The Beast is the less durable of the two. If I had to chose one micro, it would be the Beast, I love the looks of it and i just have more fun with it.

If you really want to learn 3D, go over to Twisted Hobby's and get an Xtra Slick, Vector, or Edge 540, you will learn a ton more with these and they are very durable. Learn the moves on one of these first and then transition the moves to your CZ Yak.
Last edited by DarwinF; Jan 06, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
Jan 06, 2012, 02:20 PM
I have an Sbach and it's a fun little yard-bird but it's definitely not a 3d flyer, the servos are just too slow. I saw a video of the HobbyKing slick you referred to and was impressed-but ordering from HobbyKing is sketchy if you're looking for quality. I mean, they've got some good batteries(got some), but looking at some of the reviews on their planes, I suggest looking elsewhere. The 3DHS EPP planes are nice as well as the ones that Twisted Hobbies sell. The smallest that 3DHS sells is 33" I believe-but they are a blast to fly. I have their 48" epp extra and I love it-precise and durable. I'm not bad mouthing the Beast or Sbach though- I flew 3 packs after work yesterday in my Sbach, it's still fun-just not for 3d.
Last edited by easttxsrt8; Jan 06, 2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Size correction
Jan 07, 2012, 06:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinF
If you really want to learn 3D, go over to Twisted Hobby's and get an Xtra Slick, Vector, or Edge 540, you will learn a ton more with these and they are very durable. Learn the moves on one of these first and then transition the moves to your CZ Yak.
i own a plane comparable to the vector.
i used it a lot this year for indoor flying.
for outdoors i bought the cz yak.
but i also want to have something small, which i can put in the back of my car all the time and just take out when i want to have a little bit fun.

Quick Reply