Feb 24, 2012, 02:01 AM
PaulB,

One other area to think about for the "feel" of the unit is how much Expo / DR you are using (as you have already found ) - I don't use DR and generally no expo - mine re-act immediately

Cheers,
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
There's no doubt that FBL flies different to FB. Even in the early videos from Bert Kammerer flying FBL, he said it's a different sort of flying that you get used to.

Look at these videos pitchp posted the other day:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1284

It's certainly not slowing him down.
LOL. so what you're saying is that it's not the gear, it's the pilot... that sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
The issue is mostly to do with the fact that there is very little immediate input at the swash as a result of stick movement. Rather the system waits for the rate error to move the swash. (In engineering terms it lacks feed forward). I would have expected "acceleration" would do this but it does not.

Other than that the thing works so well.......
I agree. That's why many FB fliers (including myself) will get an initial disconnected or robotic feeling from a new experience with FBL. After flying FBL all winter I have slowly come to forget the FB feel and now really like the cyclic on my FBL machines. OK OK there was a bunch of tuning that happened in the mean time too...

I just really wish I could get a more immediate collective response like I did with FB. In the mean time, I've started practicing collective kicks on the sim and MCPX. For example, I'm working on pushing full positive then very quickly dropping down to around hover pitch after a rainbow to get that crisp stop,
Feb 24, 2012, 10:01 AM
Dr M. I can't comment on your collective "pop" desires but the Skookum has adjutable "Bell" input that gets you whever inital cyclic punch you want and makes stops much more precise.

I personnally regard the Sk solutions as the very best, but at a price.

For what they cost these little Chinese units are great, and I will likely buy more.
Feb 24, 2012, 07:21 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Microbeast has added cyclic response and pitch boost in v3 to get a more FB feel for those that want it.
Feb 24, 2012, 08:34 PM
Sure but it has other issues.............

Stick movement completely overrides integrator decay rate. How "un flybar" like can you get???

It appears you either love or hate the beast - I sold mine after two flights
Feb 24, 2012, 08:55 PM
Can someone post the link for the bluetooth and does it work on iPhone?
Feb 24, 2012, 09:17 PM
Nice. Now that we know the SPU on these Chinese FBL units perhaps we can program our own pitch boost. That would make these units awesome.
Feb 24, 2012, 09:18 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
Can someone post the link for the bluetooth and does it work on iPhone?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=359

Currently there is only PC software.
Feb 25, 2012, 09:16 PM
Just picked up a tarot zyx with USB cable. Been reading through this thread and am a little confused.
Question:
Is John NZ software just an app to adjust settings? Or does it update the gyro firmware as well. If not is there a firmware update out and where do I get it?
Thanks
Feb 25, 2012, 09:39 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Good question. Here it is:
http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?id=262

I'll add it to this threads first post and the ZYX threads first post.
Feb 25, 2012, 10:00 PM
Great thanks, just so much info out there it is a little overwhelming.
Feb 25, 2012, 10:10 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
No prob. I forgot to mention that you currently need to use the Tarot v2.5 PC software to update the firmware.

These gyros really are easy to setup and in most cases fly well without touching any of the advanced settings. Just select your preset parameters and use the setup button, in John's software, and before you know it, the heli will be ready to fly.
Feb 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
Can't wait to get my 500 in the air!!!
Feb 26, 2012, 12:07 AM
I found the problem with my tracking. I had pulled the blade holders for lube and loctite, but never took the inner thrust washers out. Well it seems I loctited it too well and had to really tare into it and even drill out one of the screws. To clean out all the metal shavings I pulled the washers out and it seems one was pressed in so hard that it melted or molded the aluminum around the inside bearing. That must of been my tracking problems all along. Ordered new blade holders
Feb 26, 2012, 12:18 AM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonaj36 View Post
Can't wait to get my 500 in the air!!!
You're going to love it. Here's my 500 with the ZYX:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=830

Quick Reply