Sep 21, 2012, 10:35 PM
Android software preview at Infinity is up. Not sure if this previously posted but here is the link. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/n...ewsdesk_id=795 hope there is an english version.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackshot
Android software preview at Infinity is up. Not sure if this previously posted but here is the link. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/n...ewsdesk_id=795 hope there is an english version.
Interesting. I wondered if someone would doing this. English and an iPhone version would be great.
Sep 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
3D VFX Artist
never mind
Last edited by tonyastro; Sep 25, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Sep 27, 2012, 02:08 AM
I had purchased a Printrbot+ 3D printer and just for fun I printed a quadcopter frame with it (design care of swepet on thingiverse.com).
I ordered a multiwii controller to run it from GoodLuckBuy and a load of motors and ESC's from HobbyKing. All the stuff from Hobby King arrived, but haven't seen the controller board from GoodLuckBuy yet (maybe the name is a hint?).

Keen to get it flying, it occurred to me that I still have a ZYX-S kicking around, so I upgraded it to the 3.5 firmware, set it into quadcopter mode and was pleasantly surprised that it works!

This is my first experience with a quadcopter so I am glad to say it worked first time.
Will be interesting to see whether the MultiWii board does a better job of controlling it than the ZYX-S.
Sep 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ
I had purchased a Printrbot+ 3D printer and just for fun I printed a quadcopter frame with it (design care of swepet on thingiverse.com).
I ordered a multiwii controller to run it from GoodLuckBuy and a load of motors and ESC's from HobbyKing. All the stuff from Hobby King arrived, but haven't seen the controller board from GoodLuckBuy yet (maybe the name is a hint?).

Keen to get it flying, it occurred to me that I still have a ZYX-S kicking around, so I upgraded it to the 3.5 firmware, set it into quadcopter mode and was pleasantly surprised that it works!

This is my first experience with a quadcopter so I am glad to say it worked first time.
Will be interesting to see whether the MultiWii board does a better job of controlling it than the ZYX-S.
Cool, did you back the Printrbot on kickstarter? I almost did. I want a 3D printer pretty bad

GoodLuckBuy is pretty slow to get stuff in the mail, I ordered some mini-quad stuff from them almost a month ago and it just got here this week. I've ordered from them a few times, always got here... eventually...
Sep 27, 2012, 08:28 AM
hey im having a few problems with my tarot ZYX-S gyro. I programmed it through my computer with the usb cable and everything seemed to be working fine, so i closed the program and then turned off and disconnected my gyro.

The problem is now when i power it back up, the 3 LEDS just stay solid and dont blink or change at all.. I can hold the set button and the LED will start to blink yellow however, and if i hold it again the led then goes solid red and i can connect it to my computer, but the gyro isnt receiving any signal from the rx for some reason..

Ive reflashed it and updated it to 3.5 again and it still seems to be doing the exact same thing.. the 3 leds just go solid the moment i power my gyro up, and stay solid the whole time its powered up unless i hold the set button.

any help would be greatly appreciated cheers
Sep 27, 2012, 09:55 AM
hey i just got a zyx-s 3 axis unit and i got the usb cable with it, but im wondering how you program the gyro through your android phone? is it via bluetooth or do you need another sort of usb converter so the phone can be plugged into the usb cord? any info on the topic would be great, cheers
Sep 27, 2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450flyer
hey im having a few problems with my tarot ZYX-S gyro. I programmed it through my computer with the usb cable and everything seemed to be working fine, so i closed the program and then turned off and disconnected my gyro.

The problem is now when i power it back up, the 3 LEDS just stay solid and dont blink or change at all.. I can hold the set button and the LED will start to blink yellow however, and if i hold it again the led then goes solid red and i can connect it to my computer, but the gyro isnt receiving any signal from the rx for some reason..

Ive reflashed it and updated it to 3.5 again and it still seems to be doing the exact same thing.. the 3 leds just go solid the moment i power my gyro up, and stay solid the whole time its powered up unless i hold the set button.

any help would be greatly appreciated cheers
3 LEDs stay solid means gyro is waiting for rx signal. make sure you hook up all cables from gyro to rx properly and bind to tx. Do not hook up servos to gyro until you finish setup servo types inside software.
Sep 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer
Cool, did you back the Printrbot on kickstarter? I almost did. I want a 3D printer pretty bad

GoodLuckBuy is pretty slow to get stuff in the mail, I ordered some mini-quad stuff from them almost a month ago and it just got here this week. I've ordered from them a few times, always got here... eventually...
Yep, I signed up as a backer for the Printrbot+ on kickstarter. It was a rather long journey , but the poor guy thought he would be making 50 of them, not 1800.
Great machine though. Replaced most of the dodgy bits and it goes great. Glad I bought the bigger version (8" bed) as I have needed it for many prints.
Since having the printrbot, if you want to get one cheap, you only need to buy the controller board, motors and hotend from Printrbot and you can source the other stuff yourself as it is all open source.

Thanks for the heads up on GoodLuckBuy, I will just have to wait for it to grind through the Chinese post system.
Sep 27, 2012, 07:36 PM
3D VFX Artist
I've been trying to setup my 3x1000 on my 250 and everything looks good but my tail servo travel range got smaller (it was longer when it was flybarred) even if I max out the tail limits A and B. I don't want to move the servo hole further out as it's specified in the manual to keep it at 4.5mm from the servo screw. What part of the software can I adjust to maximize my tail travel?
Sep 27, 2012, 08:55 PM
SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro
I've been trying to setup my 3x1000 on my 250 and everything looks good but my tail servo travel range got smaller (it was longer when it was flybarred) even if I max out the tail limits A and B. I don't want to move the servo hole further out as it's specified in the manual to keep it at 4.5mm from the servo screw. What part of the software can I adjust to maximize my tail travel?
I have mine at the middle hole, about 5.5mm I think , seems to work well, for sport flying anyways.
Sep 27, 2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro
All you can do is set the A and B limits, from the Tail Setup menu. If those are maxed out without the slider reaching the physical limits, your only option is to move the linkage ball out on the arm.

As a matter of interest, what gyro were you using when the heli was FB?
Sep 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
3D VFX Artist
Thanks Zr_Flyer. If nothing else works I'll have to go this route.
Thanks 2Doggs. I was using a G401B gyro. The weird thing is the servo itself is physically capable of much more range. I'm using a D922MG servo.
Sep 28, 2012, 12:51 PM
I think I still have an old 401b to hand, so I might do some test to see if I can replicate this servo throw difference - though I have no intention of going back to flying FB with a 401b!
Sep 28, 2012, 12:56 PM
3D VFX Artist
Is servo throw determined by the servo or gyro?

Quick Reply