New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
Ekir is offline
Find More Posts by Ekir
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
i was thinking of putting a small life battery on the motorbox, are you using a store bought pack or home made? also whats the capacity?
I purchased a Hangtime Hobbies 1100 mah pack & balance the cells every time I charge.
http://www.hangtimes.com/a123_packs.html

I flew my 58" Edge for three (six minute) flights and checked how much capacity it used. It ended up being 50 mah per flight. I figure I can fly eight or nine flights and charge. This leaves plenty reserve in the pack.

What is great about the A123 cells is that you can charge at 2 amps without hurting the cells. So if you need to charge at the field, it is a matter of minutes. Another advantage is that by using 6.6 volts, servos are a little quicker and stronger.

Ed
Last edited by Ekir; Jul 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:30 PM
keithy4129 is offline
Find More Posts by keithy4129
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekir View Post
I purchased a Hangtime Hobbies 1100 mah pack & balance the cells every time I charge.
http://www.hangtimes.com/a123_packs.html

I flew my 58" Edge for three (six minute) flights and checked how much capacity it used. It ended up being 50 mah per flight. I figure I can fly eight or nine flights and charge. This leaves plenty reserve in the pack.

What is great about the A123 cells is that you can charge at 2 amps without hurting the cells. So if you need to charge at the field, it is a matter of minutes. Another advantage is that by using 6.6 volts, servos are a little quicker and stronger.

Ed
That would work great, I can get a balance wire extension and charge the pack while its in the plane since my powerlab 8 does node only charging, and I can use the extra nose weight to get my packs back.
Last edited by keithy4129; Jul 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:49 PM
nebwake is offline
Find More Posts by nebwake
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
welp, just broke down and used my point balance and july sale discount to snag up a red edge to replace my red 59 that I am selling. I hope the Edge will fit my needs alittle more than the slick. That being said, I now have a red 59 slick for sale that is in near perfect condition! PM me if interested Im thinking $250 LPU but maybe a little flexable.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:48 PM
jimmy34256 is online now
Find More Posts by jimmy34256
Destructive Tester
jimmy34256's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
welp, just broke down and used my point balance and july sale discount to snag up a red edge to replace my red 59 that I am selling. I hope the Edge will fit my needs alittle more than the slick. That being said, I now have a red 59 slick for sale that is in near perfect condition! PM me if interested Im thinking $250 LPU but maybe a little flexable.
You are going to LOVE the edge!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:01 PM
keithy4129 is offline
Find More Posts by keithy4129
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
welp, just broke down and used my point balance and july sale discount to snag up a red edge to replace my red 59 that I am selling. I hope the Edge will fit my needs alittle more than the slick. That being said, I now have a red 59 slick for sale that is in near perfect condition! PM me if interested Im thinking $250 LPU but maybe a little flexable.
congrats, you just bought the best plane in the world! im sure your gonna love it
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:13 PM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
welp, just broke down and used my point balance and july sale discount to snag up a red edge to replace my red 59 that I am selling. I hope the Edge will fit my needs alittle more than the slick. That being said, I now have a red 59 slick for sale that is in near perfect condition! PM me if interested Im thinking $250 LPU but maybe a little flexable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy34256 View Post
You are going to LOVE the edge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
congrats, you just bought the best plane in the world! im sure your gonna love it
Looking forward to flying mine this weekend! It's been two weeks since I've flown it.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:23 PM
nebwake is offline
Find More Posts by nebwake
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
WOW shipping notice already! Never had 3DHS ship that fast! Ordered at 1150 CST, shipped at 1250 CST, very cool and im sure I'll love it, they sure look cool and I love my 48"
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:25 PM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
WOW shipping notice already! Never had 3DHS ship that fast! Ordered at 1150 CST, shipped at 1250 CST, very cool and im sure I'll love it, they sure look cool and I love my 48"
way to go Donkey!!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:18 PM
jmanopla is offline
Find More Posts by jmanopla
Registered User
i Just order 6s pack 3000mah 20c for my Edge what you think

rimfire 55
castle Ice 75
14x7 and 15x6 Prop
Hitec servos HS 225MG
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
jmanopla is offline
Find More Posts by jmanopla
Registered User
i saw the Rimfire 55 on a EF eXTRA 60" FLYING HARD , AND WHEN THE TIME FINISH THE Motor was so Cool , you can put and leave your finger over the motor with out concern , i think its a really good motor option
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanopla View Post
i Just order 6s pack 3000mah 20c for my Edge what you think

rimfire 55
castle Ice 75
14x7 and 15x6 Prop
Hitec servos HS 225MG
Rock and Roll!
One thing I think you might want to try is a slightly larger prop...15x7 or 15x8.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:22 PM
jmanopla is offline
Find More Posts by jmanopla
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Rock and Roll!
One thing I think you might want to try is a slightly larger prop...15x7 or 15x8.
do you think?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:27 PM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Rock and Roll!
One thing I think you might want to try is a slightly larger prop...15x7 or 15x8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanopla View Post
do you think?
The 3DHS website specs a 14x7 or 15x7, not a 15x6. Others have reported good success with a 15x8.

Best thing to do is get in the air and try it out on various props until you find the one you like.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:11 AM
jmanopla is offline
Find More Posts by jmanopla
Registered User
My Plane waiting for Come back of my Work Travel to FLy
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
rthorne is offline
Find More Posts by rthorne
Quit Chucking My Wood
rthorne's Avatar
Complete power system for a 58" Edge or 59" Slick available here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post22288715

Rich


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 03:45 PM
Sold 3DHS Omega 130g NIB 58.00 Shipped boatdoc Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 9 Aug 28, 2011 10:16 AM
Discussion 3dhs edge 41" edge as second ish) plane? Mr Bloppy 3D Flying 19 Aug 25, 2010 10:43 AM
Wanted Wanted - 47" - 58" 3DHS, EF or Sebart plane paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 03, 2010 12:12 AM
Wanted 47"-58" size 3DHS, Sebart or Extreme Flight paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Jan 02, 2010 01:52 AM