Thread Tools
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:36 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Well of course if you draw little purple eyes on it it does!!


SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:45 AM
cookci is offline
Find More Posts by cookci
Registered User
From what models you have I'd go with the mxs 64 or 58 edge depending what kind of deal you can get.

They look to fly very similar. Which is cheaper?

The 74 edge also looks awesome however these size frames cant be thrown around quite so much
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:26 AM
3DeltaFly is offline
Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I've got a 48" Super Vyper, had a 48" Edge but recently sold it, 51" Slick, 71" Slick and 57" SC. And like I said... I got to fly a 58" Edge for a short while before I had a mechanical failure and.... well, it wasn't pretty.
Might just get another 58" ~ 60" Edge, especially since you've already got the "stuffings" on hand. No one should be without an Edge
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:04 AM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Went out and flew both my 58" Edge, and my 74" Edge today, both in the red color scheme..

So...here's what you don't do....My 74" Edge, has plenty of power, but my 58" Edge has monster power....So....after flying the 58" first...I flew my 74...and, I'm like "what the heck"...no power....Then I realized what was going one....just the difference in size. Once I put it back into perspective, it was back to having plenty of power....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:15 PM
rimaarts is offline
Find More Posts by rimaarts
Registered User
One reason why my ef 60" has nearly 1700w! no such problem when going from 48 to 60...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:51 PM
Randino is offline
Find More Posts by Randino
StevieT.
Has anyone flown both this plane and PA's Katana MX? How do they compare?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:44 PM
Bivens is offline
Find More Posts by Bivens
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
I used to have a PA extra MX 58......I'd take the edge any day. Never flown a Katana though, but I DON'T think you'd be disappointed in the 3dhs frame. For sure.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:18 AM
nebwake is offline
Find More Posts by nebwake
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
The mxs is less expensive. You can thrash that 74 as hard as the 60" planes, really you can throw around everything up to 100cc really hard, the 40%ers do not like it quite as much, but I still do almost everything except for hard walls and fast blenders with my 122" extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookci View Post
From what models you have I'd go with the mxs 64 or 58 edge depending what kind of deal you can get.

They look to fly very similar. Which is cheaper?

The 74 edge also looks awesome however these size frames cant be thrown around quite so much
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:19 AM
cookci is offline
Find More Posts by cookci
Registered User
I used to love the way the PA's flew.

They seemed to fly slower and be more predictable when learning 3d however now I have learn't a little I MUCH prefer 3DHS.

The 58" edge is an excellent frame and probably my favorite.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:22 AM
cookci is offline
Find More Posts by cookci
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
The mxs is less expensive. You can thrash that 74 as hard as the 60" planes, really you can throw around everything up to 100cc really hard, the 40%ers do not like it quite as much, but I still do almost everything except for hard walls and fast blenders with my 122" extra.

I'm yet to see a video of the 70+ frames flying quite so insanely as the smaller 60" ones.

Certainly in my hangar the 70"+ just don't have the same pitch authority or "chuckableness" however they aren't edges so thats not entirely fair.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:28 AM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookci View Post
I'm yet to see a video of the 70+ frames flying quite so insanely as the smaller 60" ones.

Certainly in my hangar the 70"+ just don't have the same pitch authority or "chuckableness" however they aren't edges so thats not entirely fair.
I tend to agree with this but all I have to go on is a 57" SC, 58" Edge, 51" Slick and a 71" Slick. My 71" Slick is not NEARLY as violent as my other planes. It's still an awesome plane in it's own right but it's just not as violent. I can still sling it around but it's just not quite as crazy.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:39 PM
Randino is offline
Find More Posts by Randino
StevieT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I tend to agree with this but all I have to go on is a 57" SC, 58" Edge, 51" Slick and a 71" Slick. My 71" Slick is not NEARLY as violent as my other planes. It's still an awesome plane in it's own right but it's just not as violent. I can still sling it around but it's just not quite as crazy.
The reason smaller models seem more "violent" is because time runs more slowly for larger planes.

Understanding Scale Speed
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:42 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randino View Post
The reason smaller models seem more "violent" is because time runs more slowly for larger planes.

Understanding Scale Speed
Ok. Maybe theoretically. But let me gather 50 people that know nothing about this theory and then have them watch me tumble my 51" Slick and then tumble my 71" Slick and then ask them which one was more violent.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:40 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookci View Post
I'm yet to see a video of the 70+ frames flying quite so insanely as the smaller 60" ones.

Certainly in my hangar the 70"+ just don't have the same pitch authority or "chuckableness" however they aren't edges so thats not entirely fair.
Sometimes I think when we see a larger plane fly, even though it is really being thrown around, it doesn't appear so, as the plane is just larger.

On Saturday, I went out to fly and took my 41" Edge, my 58" Edge, and my 74" Edge (the latter two having the same color scheme)... I flew the very powerful 58" first, and hucked it to the best of my ability (granted, I am not that great at 3D)....I then flew my 74", and from the first moments of the first flight, I thought something was wrong, it seemed like it didn't have any power (and this plane also has plenty), and my timing was off..etc...On the second flight , it seemed better, but still not up to what I was used to. before the third flight, it dawned on me, it was a matter of perspective, as the 74" is just larger.....The third flight was great, as I had it back in my head what I was looking at....As noted, it was all perspective.... It kind of makes me wish I had gotten a yellow 58" now....but it just tells me not to take those two planes to the field on the same day......take orange 71" Slick, and red 58" Edge, or red 74" Edge and red 59" Slick, or 70" Velox and any of my other planes...

Basically what Randino was saying....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:45 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Ok. Maybe theoretically. But let me gather 50 people that know nothing about this theory and then have them watch me tumble my 51" Slick and then tumble my 71" Slick and then ask them which one was more violent.
Watch Losi thrash a 71".....looks pretty violent to me....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 03:45 PM
Sold 3DHS Omega 130g NIB 58.00 Shipped boatdoc Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 9 Aug 28, 2011 10:16 AM
Discussion 3dhs edge 41" edge as second ish) plane? Mr Bloppy 3D Flying 19 Aug 25, 2010 10:43 AM
Wanted Wanted - 47" - 58" 3DHS, EF or Sebart plane paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 03, 2010 12:12 AM
Wanted 47"-58" size 3DHS, Sebart or Extreme Flight paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Jan 02, 2010 01:52 AM