Feb 08, 2013, 05:43 AM
Byron C
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
Yeah. Not many people go 5s for this plane, so I didn't list it. But that doesn't mean it won't work!
Works great

5S: Torque 4016T-500 Mk-II motor, 85A Opto ESC, 10A SBEC, Xoar 16x8 prop, 5S 4000mAH
Last edited by 3DeltaFly; Feb 08, 2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2013, 01:18 PM
Professional Toothpick maker
I use the Motrolfly 4315-714kv on 4s 4000 xoar 15x8 and the plane is fast, the old guys at the field can't believe I haven't ripped the wings off it yet, with all the violent manuvers I do at full speed.lol
Feb 08, 2013, 01:55 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalby
I use the Motrolfly 4315-714kv on 4s 4000 xoar 15x8 and the plane is fast, the old guys at the field can't believe I haven't ripped the wings off it yet, with all the violent manuvers I do at full speed.lol
I agree that this is a great combo! I had a little trouble balancing mine though. I had to add a little weight in the nose.
Feb 08, 2013, 02:17 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
I agree that this is a great combo! I had a little trouble balancing mine though. I had to add a little weight in the nose.
Hence why I went with the heavier motor....

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Feb 08, 2013, 02:29 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Hence why I went with the heavier motor....

SteveT.
Really? I'm not sure you've mentioned that before...
Feb 08, 2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Hence why I went with the heavier motor.... And...a Zippy Flightmax 4S 40C 4000mAH pack is 526 grams....my Thunder Power 5S 45C 3850mAH are 508 grams....so actually lighter packs, with more performance....and the plane balances perfectly....."win-win" to me...

SteveT.
Feb 08, 2013, 03:18 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Hence why I went with the heavier motor.... And...a Zippy Flightmax 4S 40C 4000mAH pack is 526 grams....my Thunder Power 5S 45C 3850mAH are 508 grams....so actually lighter packs, with more performance....and the plane balances perfectly....."win-win" to me...

SteveT.
So i'm debating whether to replace my crashed 58" Edge (did I mention that I hate mechanical/electronic failures before??) with an EF 64" MXS or another 58" Edge or do I just go straight to the 74" Edge or what?

Decisions, decisions, decisions. So I have to asked myself... what would Steve do.
Feb 08, 2013, 03:28 PM
Byron C
Quote:

SteveT.
Did similarly, putting in "useful weight", in the form of:

Torque 4016T-500 Mk-II, 292g

Sky LiPo 5S 4000mAh 30C; 529g

Flies neutral with the aft end of the pack about an inch from the wing-tube
Feb 08, 2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
So i'm debating whether to replace my crashed 58" Edge (did I mention that I hate mechanical/electronic failures before??) with an EF 64" MXS or another 58" Edge or do I just go straight to the 74" Edge or what?

Decisions, decisions, decisions. So I have to asked myself... what would Steve do.
Well....I can tell you, it wouldn't be the MXS....Don't get me wrong, nothing against Extreme Flight planes, I just don't like the looks of the front of the MXS cowl....it looks "buggy" to me....

As to the Edges... you can't go wrong with either.....You've had the 58"...if you haven't had the 74"....then go for it....it flies great....And of course, I set mine up differently than most people with a Hacker A60-5S on 8S swinging a Xoar 20X10 gas carbon fiber prop....and the plane has a LOT of power!!

SteveT.
Feb 08, 2013, 03:42 PM
Byron C
Quote:

If you prefer the Edge's flight characteristics over other designs then the 74" Edge would be my choice. Matter of fact it is, and I'll have my 74 ready to go by warm weather
Feb 08, 2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:

Im not steve but for me to answer this question I need to know what frames do you already own?
Feb 08, 2013, 04:49 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Well....I can tell you, it wouldn't be the MXS....Don't get me wrong, nothing against Extreme Flight planes, I just don't like the looks of the front of the MXS cowl....it looks "buggy" to me....

As to the Edges... you can't go wrong with either.....You've had the 58"...if you haven't had the 74"....then go for it....it flies great....And of course, I set mine up differently than most people with a Hacker A60-5S on 8S swinging a Xoar 20X10 gas carbon fiber prop....and the plane has a LOT of power!!

SteveT.
I like the way the MXS looks and I'm curious about flying a highly regarded EF plane so that one's got me interested. And I only got to fly my 58" Edge about 4 times before it decided to eat some dirt due to a failure of some sort... so I can't really comment much on it other than to say that it DID make me smile for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DeltaFly
If you prefer the Edge's flight characteristics over other designs then the 74" Edge would be my choice. Matter of fact it is, and I'll have my 74 ready to go by warm weather
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookci
Im not steve but for me to answer this question I need to know what frames do you already own?
I've got a 48" Super Vyper, had a 48" Edge but recently sold it, 51" Slick, 71" Slick and 57" SC. And like I said... I got to fly a 58" Edge for a short while before I had a mechanical failure and.... well, it wasn't pretty.
Feb 08, 2013, 05:21 PM
To me..... But that's just my opinion....

SteveT,
Feb 08, 2013, 06:55 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
To me..... But that's just my opinion....

SteveT,
Well of course if you draw little purple eyes on it it does!!
Feb 08, 2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Well of course if you draw little purple eyes on it it does!!
ha!

Quick Reply