3DHS 58" Edge 540 - V2 - thread has extra posts!!! - ON SALE!! - extremeflightrc.com - Page 82 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 01, 2012, 07:00 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank
Oops I bought one of these (red) faster
Jealous
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2012, 08:57 AM
Registered User
I love my red edge, best plane in the world, if you don't own one you don't know what your missing.
Sep 02, 2012, 09:02 AM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
^^^ True, yesterday I took my 40% extra and my little bitty 58" and I flew the 58 more than my big gasser.... I even had more fun with the edge since I can throw it around like it owes me money, I cant express how well this thing fly's. Its not as stable as my big birds, but with the SFG's its really close to a really good 50cc plane in flight characteristics but you can fly it MUCH harder without fear of breaking it.
Sep 02, 2012, 09:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank
Oops I bought one of these (red) faster
Now that's the type of mistake I like to make
Sep 02, 2012, 10:15 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake
^^^ True, yesterday I took my 40% extra and my little bitty 58" and I flew the 58 more than my big gasser.... I even had more fun with the edge since I can throw it around like it owes me money, I cant express how well this thing fly's. Its not as stable as my big birds, but with the SFG's its really close to a really good 50cc plane in flight characteristics but you can fly it MUCH harder without fear of breaking it.
I can wall this thing so hard that its incredible that it doesn't break in half or fold the wings up.
Sep 02, 2012, 11:16 AM
Registered User
I agree with how great the Edge is. I fly mine a couple days a week. What a great desgn by Scott.
Sep 02, 2012, 12:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekir
I agree with how great the Edge is. I fly mine a couple days a week. What a great desgn by Scott.
i havnt flown it in a while, then put like 8-10 packs through it yesterday and I forgot how awesome it was, man I wish they would make a velox vr-1 in this size, that would be awesome too
Sep 21, 2012, 04:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
What size prop are you guys with the 4315-714 running? 15x7 or 15x8?
Sep 21, 2012, 04:19 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
15x7
Sep 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
same on my 59" Slick
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sep 22, 2012, 07:45 AM
3D Addict
alfabeast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank
What size prop are you guys with the 4315-714 running? 15x7 or 15x8?
15 x 8 apc, on 4s, ZTW 110 is a little hot, have to see the numbers on a wattmeter -
Oct 03, 2012, 07:45 AM
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
I'm planning a high efficiency 6S setup for this bird, and thinking of going with the new Torque Revolution 4016T/500 MKII.

Mechanical specs. are pretty scarce for this motor. Anyone know the prop hub-shaft dia? Hopefully 6mm as I have a goodly supply of 15x7 precision balanced wood props on hand
Oct 03, 2012, 08:41 AM
Fly til dark
jfuller1250's Avatar
how does the 58 edge compare to the 57 extra?
Oct 03, 2012, 09:13 AM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
Im sure it is 6mm, all the props I have fit just fine on mine. The specs are the same as the MK1 as far as size goes from what I understand, the main difference is better cooling from what I have heard. Im sure that will put that motor out front. The Mk1 is awesome and comes down everybit as cool as my motrolfly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DeltaFly
I'm planning a high efficiency 6S setup for this bird, and thinking of going with the new Torque Revolution 4016T/500 MKII.

Mechanical specs. are pretty scarce for this motor. Anyone know the prop hub-shaft dia? Hopefully 6mm as I have a goodly supply of 15x7 precision balanced wood props on hand
Oct 03, 2012, 05:55 PM
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake
Im sure it is 6mm, all the props I have fit just fine on mine. The specs are the same as the MK1 as far as size goes from what I understand, the main difference is better cooling from what I have heard. Im sure that will put that motor out front. The Mk1 is awesome and comes down everybit as cool as my motrolfly.
Great, thanks for the quick response. Just received and un-boxed my 58" Edge and presently drooling over it Man oh man, is this plane ever built nice and light. I wouldn't think that it will need much more than about 1100 watts to attain a thrust to weight of 2:1.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 03:45 PM
Sold 3DHS Omega 130g NIB 58.00 Shipped boatdoc Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 9 Aug 28, 2011 10:16 AM
Discussion 3dhs edge 41" edge as second ish) plane? Mr Bloppy 3D Flying 19 Aug 25, 2010 10:43 AM
Wanted Wanted - 47" - 58" 3DHS, EF or Sebart plane paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 03, 2010 12:12 AM
Wanted 47"-58" size 3DHS, Sebart or Extreme Flight paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Jan 02, 2010 01:52 AM