Thread Tools
Aug 16, 2012, 04:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
What does a 58 edge MB kit consist of? Does it come with the whole landing gear mount? Could someone post a picture of a built but not installed MB kit? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
I don't have a pic...but it includes the landing gear mount....

Basically, all wood and carbon from the front of the motor box back to the wing tube EXCEPT the fuselage's outer sides. The entire battery tray, motor box sides, formers back to the wing tube, and the carbon stuff for the gear mount.
its awesome that 3dhs offers motorbox kits, I picked up one for my 46" yak, and you get a lot more then just a motorbox, its great.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2012, 08:30 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129
its awesome that 3dhs offers motorbox kits, I picked up one for my 46" yak, and you get a lot more then just a motorbox, its great.
Yup! Without them I might be buying a whole new plane.
Aug 17, 2012, 05:27 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
After getting this thing really dialed in, it is quickly becoming my favorite plane I own, it flys soooo well in all aspects and is just violent! I absolutely love it. I am selling my 59" slick... I a few top notch (other brand and custom kit) gassers and this little guy really is similar to a 30% plane on steroids. with the SFG's it is just plain fun and makes it so stable that is reminds me of a MUCH larger airplane. I wish I had more batteries!
Aug 17, 2012, 05:38 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake
After getting this thing really dialed in, it is quickly becoming my favorite plane I own, it flys soooo well in all aspects and is just violent! I absolutely love it. I am selling my 59" slick... I a few top notch (other brand and custom kit) gassers and this little guy really is similar to a 30% plane on steroids. with the SFG's it is just plain fun and makes it so stable that is reminds me of a MUCH larger airplane. I wish I had more batteries!
+100 to that LOL I switched my 46" Vyper from 3S to 4S just so I could repurpose the batteries I was using in that plane for my 58" Edge...
Aug 20, 2012, 07:42 PM
Registered User
I just ordered one in red and every thing I will need to get it flying !!!
The only bad news is I plan to use a motrolfly 4315-714 for a motor and they are on back order till September 1st. I hope the motor is worth the wait because I don't want to wait .

will.
Aug 20, 2012, 07:49 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak ak
I just ordered one in red and every thing I will need to get it flying !!!
The only bad news is I plan to use a motrolfly 4315-714 for a motor and they are on back order till September 1st. I hope the motor is worth the wait because I don't want to wait .

will.
Trust me, it is worth the wait!
Aug 20, 2012, 07:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak ak
I just ordered one in red and every thing I will need to get it flying !!!
The only bad news is I plan to use a motrolfly 4315-714 for a motor and they are on back order till September 1st. I hope the motor is worth the wait because I don't want to wait .

will.
It is worth the wait!! Great motor..... but...if you would be willing to go 5S.....the Hacker A50-14XS is what I am going to use. And... I know of one prominent flier that has put one in his plane and says it has great power. also the 58" Edge (and the 74" for that matter) are known to come out tail heavy, this is why I am using this motor....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Aug 20, 2012, 08:43 PM
Registered User
+1 the 4315 is a beast, it will probably last a lifetime.
Aug 20, 2012, 09:24 PM
Registered User
UDO999's Avatar
How much control surface travel do you guys run on your Edge? Just wondering if everyone has the same setup as Joe. I cannot get 50 degrees on the elevator with the dubro arms. Should I be using 3dhs long arms?
Aug 20, 2012, 09:36 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
I have an extended arm on the Elevator of mine.
Aug 20, 2012, 09:38 PM
Registered User
UDO999's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
I have an extended arm on the Elevator of mine.
Thanks! I'm getting just under 45 on my rudder, should I put the extended arm on the rudder too?
Aug 20, 2012, 09:43 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
I think I have one there too....

This plane gets stupid tumbly with full throw....have fun!
Aug 21, 2012, 07:04 PM
Registered User
What length servo arms are you guy's and gall's using? 1",1 1/4" or 1.5"

I did not order servo arms with the plane as I was planing to use the 1" aluminum arms that I have left over from some Hitech 7950th servos. The blue ones that come with the 7950th servos. No I'm not going to try to fit the 7950th servos in the 58" Edge

Will I be able to get full through with the 5245mg's and 1" arms?

Thanks
Will
Aug 21, 2012, 10:12 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak ak
What length servo arms are you guy's and gall's using? 1",1 1/4" or 1.5"

I did not order servo arms with the plane as I was planing to use the 1" aluminum arms that I have left over from some Hitech 7950th servos. The blue ones that come with the 7950th servos. No I'm not going to try to fit the 7950th servos in the 58" Edge

Will I be able to get full through with the 5245mg's and 1" arms?

Thanks
Will
Probably not....1.25" should be sufficient though.....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Aug 22, 2012, 05:42 AM
Destructive Tester
jimmy34256's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak ak
I just ordered one in red and every thing I will need to get it flying !!!
The only bad news is I plan to use a motrolfly 4315-714 for a motor and they are on back order till September 1st. I hope the motor is worth the wait because I don't want to wait .

will.

I have the -500 in mine and was "insane" at 6S so I toned it down to a 5S and is now just "plane crazy"


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS Omega 130g NIB 58.00 Shipped boatdoc Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 9 Aug 28, 2011 09:16 AM
Discussion 3dhs edge 41" edge as second ish) plane? Mr Bloppy 3D Flying 19 Aug 25, 2010 09:43 AM
Wanted Wanted - 47" - 58" 3DHS, EF or Sebart plane paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 02, 2010 11:12 PM
Wanted 47"-58" size 3DHS, Sebart or Extreme Flight paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Jan 02, 2010 12:52 AM