Ultra-Micro Trainer 100 RTF (UMT) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 06, 2012, 08:17 AM
jrb
jrb
Member
jrb's Avatar
Pins needed to use AR6400 w/UMT stock motor connector:

Bottom side of stock brick:
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2012, 06:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Vincent
The plane itself is three channels, only the transmitter is four channels. I assume they will have a four channel plane someday, however.

Greg
That's a shame, I should have looked a bit closer I guess. Still, it is a nice looking little plane.
Jan 10, 2012, 10:11 PM
jrb
jrb
Member
jrb's Avatar
Now w/6400L!
Feb 16, 2012, 12:59 PM
Registered User
Jason,

How do you do barrel rolls with the ULTRA-MICRO TRAINER 100? And would you please post a video of it rolling?
I've never been able to do it with my Parkzone 3-channel micro Citabria (which I love).
That UMT capability makes me want one.

My impression of Ares is First Class! Keep up the good work. And how about a reasonably stable, ultra micro, high wing plane with ailerons that can do good rolls? Would make life pleasant for us less than aerobatic pilots. Would be a great follow-on to the UMT.

However the forthcoming E-Flite ultra micro Carbon Cub looks like it will be the answer to my prayers; includes the AS3X gyro stabilization system, brushless motor, and even has flaps. Of course it's more expensive ($170), but not necessarily because of AS3X; the forthcoming Parkzone ultra micro Spitfire has AS3X and only costs $100.
Last edited by dicka; Feb 23, 2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spelling, a request for roll video, and Carbon Cub mention
Feb 17, 2012, 07:26 PM
Registered User
jimjim06's Avatar
This plane looks awesome!
Wish i could find it in Sweden!
FLY RC with the ARES Ultra Micro Trainer 100 (2 min 0 sec)


BTW The Nano-Micro Stick, Wow! 9 grams RTF, amazing!
Stupid name though, Nano is smaller than Micro, so Nano-Stick, would be enough to hint a small plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...rtcOObIQg&NR=1

Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; Feb 17, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Feb 18, 2012, 03:04 AM
Hello Tommy,

We hope to have Ares products available in Europe in the not-so-distant future

Hello dicka,

By moving the rudder and elevator pushrods in one hole from the 'stock' on both control horns you'll have all the throw you need to perform barrel rolls, inverted flight and more. And although we don't have any video footage of the UMT rolling at the moment we do hope to put together a video showing this and more in the near future!
Feb 23, 2012, 06:18 PM
Registered User

How perform a roll


Jason,

Would you please describe what your thumb is doing on the rudder/elevator stick as the plane rolls? Can you do a slow roll or does it have to be fast to avoid altitude loss?
Last edited by dicka; Feb 24, 2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Addition
Jun 26, 2012, 03:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicka
Jason,

Would you please describe what your thumb is doing on the rudder/elevator stick as the plane rolls? Can you do a slow roll or does it have to be fast to avoid altitude loss?
I was interested in the answer to this too, before making a decision to purchase. But I guess, they have stopped responding....
Sep 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
Registered User
I picked one of these up at Hobbytown today. Flies GREAT! Tons of power and the foam is really nice. I like it much better than my Champ, although the Champ will still fly a little slower.

Anyway, nice quality plane and it can handle some wind without any issues.
Jan 22, 2013, 11:48 AM
Bailey
My battery conection broke inside the connecor. I can' fine the reciever board anywhere. Can someone help me?!
Feb 08, 2013, 05:44 PM
Registered User
bluesman77's Avatar
Second row down:
http://www.hobbytown.com/ShopByBrand/Ares/0/AZS/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal air
My battery conection broke inside the connecor. I can' fine the reciever board anywhere. Can someone help me?!
Jul 14, 2013, 07:36 AM
Registered User
doug217's Avatar

Maiden flight and review of Ares Ultra-Micro 100


My maiden flight was exciting and fun. The plane took off very easily from a 6-foot picnic table and flew amazingly well even in a light gusty breeze.

But the fun ended there. I landed softly (or so I thought) in the grass. She looked okay, but in fact was severely damaged. At first I noticed, looking through the battery connector hole, that the motor for the rudder servo had come out of its housing.

Since it appeared I only needed to put the servo motor back in its housing, I cut a small rectangular opening in the fuselage big enough to insert tweezers. After successfully putting the servo motor back in its housing, I discovered that the prop motor was slightly jammed against the fuselage. I cut a second small rectangular opening in order gently pry the motor back out into position. So far, so good.

I thought she was ready to fly again. But when I checked the controls I noticed that the rudder was not working and that the rudder servo motor was responding very erratically to the stick input. So it appears I will need to replace the entire 3-Channel, 3-in-1 Control Unit; Rx/2 SXs/ESC: UMT, which is sold as a one part at $35.99 plus shipping. But that's the easy part.

My examination of the design revealed that in order to replace any of the internal electronic or mechanical parts the entire fuselage must be sliced open lengthwise, preferably along the glue seam. In reality, this plane is NOT designed to be taken apart at all, despite the fact that parts are available.

I'm afraid that when all is said and done, she might end up being a one-flight wonder.
Jul 14, 2013, 11:39 AM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug217
My maiden flight was exciting and fun. The plane took off very easily from a 6-foot picnic table and flew amazingly well even in a light gusty breeze.

But the fun ended there. I landed softly (or so I thought) in the grass. She looked okay, but in fact was severely damaged. At first I noticed, looking through the battery connector hole, that the motor for the rudder servo had come out of its housing.

Since it appeared I only needed to put the servo motor back in its housing, I cut a small rectangular opening in the fuselage big enough to insert tweezers. After successfully putting the servo motor back in its housing, I discovered that the prop motor was slightly jammed against the fuselage. I cut a second small rectangular opening in order gently pry the motor back out into position. So far, so good.

I thought she was ready to fly again. But when I checked the controls I noticed that the rudder was not working and that the rudder servo motor was responding very erratically to the stick input. So it appears I will need to replace the entire 3-Channel, 3-in-1 Control Unit; Rx/2 SXs/ESC: UMT, which is sold as a one part at $35.99 plus shipping. But that's the easy part.

My examination of the design revealed that in order to replace any of the internal electronic or mechanical parts the entire fuselage must be sliced open lengthwise, preferably along the glue seam. In reality, this plane is NOT designed to be taken apart at all, despite the fact that parts are available.

I'm afraid that when all is said and done, she might end up being a one-flight wonder.
Cut your losses and buy a Champ.

Don't waste another dime on this.
Jul 14, 2013, 03:07 PM
Registered User
doug217's Avatar
Better yet, I'm going to cut my loses on ALL ultra-micros. Btw, the Champ has its own problems. I will NOT be wasting my hard earned money on that one either!
Last edited by doug217; Jul 16, 2013 at 03:19 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Mini Ultra Stick RTF $100 Mt.Flyer Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Nov 02, 2011 04:52 PM
For Sale Ultra Micro J-3 Cub RTF by ParkZone larymor Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Oct 11, 2011 09:43 AM
Wanted Ft: micro t for ultra micro plane rtf custom t Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 26, 2011 12:34 AM
Sold ParkZone Ultra-Micro P-51 RTF - NIB $100 crxmanpat Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Apr 29, 2010 02:46 PM
Sold ParkZone Ultra-Micro P-51 RTF - NIB $100 crxmanpat Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Apr 22, 2010 01:24 AM