Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:04 PM
Bmr4life is offline
Find More Posts by Bmr4life
30 RC's and counting
Bmr4life's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather View Post
You can measure thrust directly with a scale. Also if you have a tachometer and can measure rpm you can look up thrust for a particular propeller.
So in this setup the prop is pushing down?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:54 AM
leadfeather is online now
Find More Posts by leadfeather
Winging it >
leadfeather's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
So in this setup the prop is pushing down?
I usually have the prop pushing down, but I have also secured the stand to the scale with double sided tape and used it with the prop in the lift direction too.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:32 PM
leadfeather is online now
Find More Posts by leadfeather
Winging it >
leadfeather's Avatar

Flying monkey mod


Here is one for the video list. The flying monkey mod is what you get when you strap a wing on a multicopter.

Just hovered if for the first time. Forward flight soon if the weather cooperates.

Flying Monkey mod (1 min 20 sec)
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:04 PM
timnilson is offline
Find More Posts by timnilson
timnilson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather View Post
Here is one for the video list. The flying monkey mod is what you get when you strap a wing on a multicopter.

Just hovered if for the first time. Forward flight soon if the weather cooperates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti9n3Cp4XNE
Posted. Very cool. Can't wait to see how it flies forward. In forward flight -- is the back motor shut off? Which FC are you using to do this?
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:20 AM
leadfeather is online now
Find More Posts by leadfeather
Winging it >
leadfeather's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
Posted. Very cool. Can't wait to see how it flies forward. In forward flight -- is the back motor shut off? Which FC are you using to do this?
The flight control board controls everything including the elevons on the wing. In forward flight the front motors switch to control yaw, the rear motor shuts off or idles. All the changes happen automatically by the on board computer. Some pretty nice code written by cass3825 as a modification of the basic multwii code.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
timnilson is offline
Find More Posts by timnilson
timnilson's Avatar
I am happy to announce that DroidWorx is now a sponsor of the Mr. Lifter contest. They are providing an awesome CX4 frame for the winner of a new category: Most Artistically Presented Multi-Rotor. If you have a tricked out, over the top designed and built multi-rotor, this category is for you!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:42 PM
saabguyspg is online now
Find More Posts by saabguyspg
saabguyspg's Avatar
cool!!!

is there a category for coldest flight? it's -27 deg C outside... with wind chill it will be -39 tomorrow....



Steve
(wishing mine was cooler looking for the contest
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:32 PM
Doblao is offline
Find More Posts by Doblao
Registered User

hmmmm


anyone saw this thread?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1335765

I think the smallest category havs a lot of candidates under 30 grms...
Saludos,
Jose
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:08 PM
n3m1s1s is offline
Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Suspended Account
ok i will try again

N-DROID 00001101 quadcopter the concept of Multi rotor N-BoTs explained N3M1S1S (6 min 10 sec)


jump to 3:50 theres more led's on that quad than i put on my crhistmas tree last year lol

Best Artistically Built and Presented Multi-Roto
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:10 PM
Ext450 is offline
Find More Posts by Ext450
Off Road is the only road
this is going to be a good contest. thanks tim...
one question. Best Artistically Built and Presented Multi-Roto, is a video required for this? also i noticed that you made a mistake on the results from last years most efficient duration. Actually Tretch5000's Tricopter was the most efficient. for some reason it was listed in 3rd place but actually had the best numbers by far. i think ledfeather missed it.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:07 PM
timnilson is offline
Find More Posts by timnilson
timnilson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext450 View Post
this is going to be a good contest. thanks tim...
one question. Best Artistically Built and Presented Multi-Roto, is a video required for this? also i noticed that you made a mistake on the results from last years most efficient duration. Actually Tretch5000's Tricopter was the most efficient. for some reason it was listed in 3rd place but actually had the best numbers by far. i think ledfeather missed it.
This is what the 2011 Most Efficient category lists:
1) ben123's micro hexa 712.5 sec per Ah x #cell
2) Tretch5000's micro quad 472.3 sec per Ah x #cell
3) Tretch5000's tricopter, 1415 sec / (2.500) Ah x 3s = 188.67

You want the sec per Ah x cell to be the highest, no? So 712.5 would beat 188.67 -- or is there an issue with the math?

For the best artistically built category, I think a video would be great. The better the overall presentation, the better your chance in taking home the prize.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by timnilson; Jan 22, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:15 PM
timnilson is offline
Find More Posts by timnilson
timnilson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
ok i will try again

http://youtu.be/Vj4zQrUi8As

jump to 3:50 theres more led's on that quad than i put on my crhistmas tree last year lol

Best Artistically Built and Presented Multi-Roto
Your entry was added to cat VIII
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
n3m1s1s is offline
Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
your entry was added to cat viii
ty
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:41 PM
Ext450 is offline
Find More Posts by Ext450
Off Road is the only road
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
This is what the 2011 Most Efficient category lists:
1) ben123's micro hexa 712.5 sec per Ah x #cell
2) Tretch5000's micro quad 472.3 sec per Ah x #cell
3) Tretch5000's tricopter, 1415 sec / (2.500) Ah x 3s = 188.67

You want the sec per Ah x cell to be the highest, no? So 712.5 would beat 188.67 -- or is there an issue with the math?

For the best artistically built category, I think a video would be great. The better the overall presentation, the better your chance in taking home the prize.
Oops sorry, i was only looking at the time in seconds.
you are correct. I can't wait to enter in a few categories. Last year i was new to all this so i could not really enter into anything. this year i hope to have improved my flying skills enough to enter.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
pragamichele is offline
Find More Posts by pragamichele
Registered User
pragamichele's Avatar
tricottero di natale gigante (1 min 1 sec)



This can be artistic?

3,55 meters 2,1 kg

1,1 meters height


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dreaming about Multi Rotor setup : Multi+GoPro+eagle tree everything? crashtested Aerial Photography 11 Apr 10, 2015 11:18 PM
Contest Mr. Lifter 2011; Walter Lafouine takes over heaviest lift!! . leadfeather Multirotor Talk 364 Sep 05, 2014 03:29 AM
Discussion Multi rotor contest game event in Taiwan samwei1950 Multirotor Talk 0 Oct 04, 2011 08:00 AM
Sold Multi Rotor Flight Controllers - FY90Q & Multi Wii Tahoe Ed Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Sep 28, 2011 06:29 PM
Suggestion Sticky thread in Multi-rotor-helis thread has nothing to do with multi-rotors timecop Site Suggestions / Complaints 2 Apr 03, 2011 09:56 AM