nice! love it.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2012, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
a video for the last category VIIII.

1.4kg payload.

since it has to be about lifting, does lifting a gopro count? its not much payload but its fast payload

Warthox -- first of all, welcome to the Mr. Lifter Multi-Rotor contest. For a pilot of your abilities and recognition to join in on the fun is great validation for this contest. I posted your "Gryphon" video in category VIII. That is an awesome build! If you could provide us a bit of background -- or link to a build log -- on how you achieved this, that would be great.

Your video with the down-cam GoPro is also stunning. I don't know how you do the things you do. It's an awesome video. Not sure there is a category for "fast payload"... if there was, getting close to you would be a real challenge.
Jun 18, 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson
Warthox -- first of all, welcome to the Mr. Lifter Multi-Rotor contest. For a pilot of your abilities and recognition to join in on the fun is great validation for this contest. I posted your "Gryphon" video in category VIII. That is an awesome build! If you could provide us a bit of background -- or link to a build log -- on how you achieved this, that would be great.
thanks tim VIII or VIIII?
it was just a spontaneous idea, after a day on the flying field, which my friend and i had to prove immediately.

here are some photos of the hexa: http://warthox.de/2012/02/mwc-hexa-flyduino-fcp-frame/
and here are some with mounted summit: http://warthox.de/2012/03/mwc-hexa-the-gryphon/

at this years landkamp (biggest multicopterevent in europe) we did it again and the spectators nearly freaked out was a very cool and fun event.

here are some photos and videos which others made from our flight at landkamp:

http://vogelfrei-hannover.de/index.p...to-02-446.html
http://www.vario-frame.com/varhom/im...l_DSC_5606.JPG
http://www.vario-frame.com/varhom/im...l_DSC_5611.JPG
http://www.vario-frame.com/varhom/im...l_DSC_5612.JPG
http://www.vario-frame.com/varhom/im...l_DSC_5614.JPG

(2 min 27 sec)

(1 min 33 sec)

LandKamp 3.12 - Fliwatüt II (der Rückwärtsflipp) (0 min 36 sec)

LandKamp 3.12 - Fliwatüt III (0 min 41 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson
Your video with the down-cam GoPro is also stunning. I don't know how you do the things you do. It's an awesome video. Not sure there is a category for "fast payload"... if there was, getting close to you would be a real challenge.
thanks i dont know either the payload is arround 100gr; so it could also be fitted in an appropriate category...
Jun 18, 2012, 04:48 PM
It's not my quad and I don't know who's made it, but it's big and it lifts a hefty payload (video is made for the HobbyKing beer lift contest but it doesn't seem to have made their charts yet)

Hobbyking beer lift 2012 23.2kg (3 min 32 sec)
Jun 21, 2012, 02:00 AM
has built nothing yet
Warthox,

I thought you were the master of Y6 copters. Is there a reason why you have turned to a normal hexacopter?

Reards,
Flow
Jun 21, 2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingflow
Warthox,

I thought you were the master of Y6 copters. Is there a reason why you have turned to a normal hexacopter?

Reards,
Flow
just to try it...
Jun 29, 2012, 05:04 PM
sorry, my english is bad
I dont think i could compete with warthox flying skills but here is my entry to the contest. Maybe in the category "lowest frontflip ever".

Should fit in the VIIII category

Build Specs:
Motors: DJI 2212/920kv,
ESCs: Opto 30,
Battery: 4s2200,
Flight Controller: NaZa,
Frame: F450,
Propellers: 8/5

Have fun watching.

Trainingday (3 min 26 sec)
Jun 30, 2012, 05:58 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teramax
I dont think i could compete with warthox flying skills but here is my entry to the contest. Maybe in the category "lowest frontflip ever".

Build Specs:

Have fun watching.

http://youtu.be/HJhXA4TaTC0
the music, its....
Jul 01, 2012, 04:27 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign
the music, its....
Yes, i hear Hardcore while i fly. Helps me to keep concentrated.
Jul 01, 2012, 06:26 PM
I like the music teramax

btw, I was dreaming about something last night about the naza\wkm.
As the controllers are getting so complex the last years, and they fly Auto Home, Waypoint, auto decent and land etc..

You can even throw the quad up in the air and it will flip around and hover (As seen on DJI videos)

So I was thinking, would it not be possible to program the naza controller how to maneuver a flip ??
An example is that you go 10 meters up in the air, activate a switch and voila your quad does a flip and then hover again at your position ? or is this 10 years into the future....
Jul 08, 2012, 07:59 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Question, for the Heavy Lift and Controlled Heavy lift, what is "Dead man Lift Style"?
can the main weight be lifted with a wire/rope?
Jul 09, 2012, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic
Question, for the Heavy Lift and Controlled Heavy lift, what is "Dead man Lift Style"?
can the main weight be lifted with a wire/rope?
Yes, a rope is fine. Dead man means you have to lift the weight when it's stationary on the floor. That's harder as you have to be able to lift it straight up and off the ground. The opposite would be you hold the weight, let your multi-rotor hover and then you gently let the weight go.
Last edited by timnilson; Jul 09, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
Jul 09, 2012, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by teramax

Build Specs:

Have fun watching.
Posted!
Jul 10, 2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow
I like the music teramax

btw, I was dreaming about something last night about the naza\wkm.
As the controllers are getting so complex the last years, and they fly Auto Home, Waypoint, auto decent and land etc..

You can even throw the quad up in the air and it will flip around and hover (As seen on DJI videos)

So I was thinking, would it not be possible to program the naza controller how to maneuver a flip ??
An example is that you go 10 meters up in the air, activate a switch and voila your quad does a flip and then hover again at your position ? or is this 10 years into the future....
you mean like this?
FMA - Triple Adaptive Flips - ICRA2010 submission (0 min 44 sec)
Jul 11, 2012, 12:37 AM
im not sure how things are programmed onto these things but scripting is very powerful.if it accepts scripting you can have it do ten flips go up do ten more a right turn slant........ a endless list.i just hate dealing with new things in the begining.returning home everyone jumps for joy but its a teaser and really nothing script wise.running waypoints nothing.once it starts to accept commands itll be something to finally get into.what they are probally doing or my guess is writeing a new language for there computer.they probally concentrated on the things that would sell but the fine tune features is probally what they are looking into now.sure i guess its a big step for rc people because they get a taste of something new but code wise its nothing to spectacular.once these things get actually have a language you should be able to customize the language or script it to your likeing as in makeing it run the courses you want it to.codes hard to explain i see people here building all sorts of cnc machines so maybe they know what im talking about.its such a pain for me to dig threw all these diffent parts because im new its frustrating.stuff is still overpriced i dont see why they charge so much for these 25 dollar chips.they cant be selling many and here in america people would eat them up like all the other tech stuff out there.so make 100 off one guy or make 10,00 off 100000 people.the math is pretty simple to me if they want to make money or just get burned out by the competition which is probally right at there back door.so i guess im waiting around for the next guy to come along and basicly steal there idea and pay my 25 bucks for it.may seem unrealistic but to me they have no idea how to market things.2 years from now it will be out done by something else so why waste the cash now.its a great product i guess for the time being.

Quick Reply