Jan 03, 2012, 04:33 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP
Discussion

Zephyr Video Contest - Win a Zephyr II!!

Zephyr Video Contest - Win a Zephyr II
The new version of the RitewingRC Zephyr is out - the Zephry II!

Chris knew that there might be some generation one Zephyr pilots out there that might like a chance to own the new Zephyr II.

So in appreciation of all his customers and FPV crazed pilots he is giving away TWO Zephyr II wings.

The Zephyr was originally designed when CK saw FPV videos of a wing blasting down mountains proximity style, but using an inadequate airframe. He designed the Zephyr with FPV in mind, and it shows! The Zeph has been the most talked about and sought after FPV airframe since it's inception.

After a few years of tweaking the design and countless test configurations, the ZII was born. molded in sweet epor-hybrid foam. It is smoother, lighter, stiffer, and builds faster.

Brosius - "As a ZII pilot I can say it really is a step up from the original Zephyr, it flies with less trim and can cruise slower, has more room for batteries, and can handle even more weight."

CK named the Zephyr after the RHCP song, the Zephyr song. With that in mind came up with this competition.
Chris wants to give away two Zephyr II wings.

First place gets a Zephyr II and all hardware:
* Molded Zephyr II
* Ritewing 1300 kv motor
* 60 amp esc esc
* Lamination film coverings
* Camera box skid package
* Shipped anywhere in the world

Second place gets a Zephyr II kit:
* Molded Zephyr II

The terms of this contest are:

* Video must be from a RitewingRC zephyr (original Zephyr or ZII) - please provide a photo of you and your Zephyr in your post.
* Post the video in this thread set to music
* Video must be your own, no cutting other peoples videos
* Entries close 3rd Feb
* Votes will be accepted from Feb. 3rd to Feb. 10th. Votes from any RCG member registered by at least Nov 2011 with a poll
* Banned members cannot win this contest.

So a big thanks to Chris and good luck to everyone that submits a video.
Last edited by Jim T.; Jan 06, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2012, 06:22 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
as CK already hooked me up i am excluding myself from being in the running,

but i could not restrain myself from making a nice edit anyways.

BEST FPV OF 2011 (3 min 54 sec)

me and my zephyr

Last edited by brosius85; Jan 06, 2012 at 06:38 AM.
Jan 03, 2012, 08:47 PM
account closed
Here is my entry.

Ritewing ZII Contest (3 min 53 sec)
Jan 04, 2012, 02:27 AM
Mums the word.
I made this video a long time ago for this very competition. I knew my efforts would be rewarded.

Zephyr, Max Height... So Far... (3 min 51 sec)
Jan 04, 2012, 05:09 AM
I would be happy to jump into Z club. But it seems like I should have one to have another one...
Goodluck to all
Jan 04, 2012, 06:54 PM
one entry per person?
Jan 04, 2012, 09:00 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
well having 2 entries will make it less likely you will win i would suggest, you might get 5 votes on 1 video and 5 on another, spoiling your chances.

just do your best on 1 entry
Jan 05, 2012, 12:38 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85
well having 2 entries will make it less likely you will win i would suggest, you might get 5 votes on 1 video and 5 on another, spoiling your chances.

just do your best on 1 entry
3 entries so far and non of them seems to fulfill the competition rules.... Funny!

Markus
Jan 05, 2012, 02:28 PM
please provide a photo of you and your Zephyr in your post.
Jan 05, 2012, 08:39 PM
Jim and Chris,

I want to participate in this contest but have a couple of questions:

-Do we have to use the zephyr song? (I have my own original music and using a set song will for good or for bad clamp down the video lenght and go into copyright infringment)

- For the votes I understand this thread will turn into a poll and all RCGroups users will vote for the winners is that right? for how long will the poll be up?

Thanks
Andre
Jan 05, 2012, 10:59 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Im in! Video soon.

- Chad
Jan 06, 2012, 09:42 AM
Balsa addict
Reserved for Video:

My ZII isn't finished yet, but this is me on my scooter.
Jan 06, 2012, 12:03 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP
I am happy to sticky any contest that is approved by RCG. If you want to have a contest please send me a PM.

Video contests are tricky because you have to go out and shoot the video as well as edit it. It takes time.

Lets keep the posts on topic. The off topic posts about why this thread is a sticky have been split off into a new thread in Site Chat. Please feel free to continue your discussion aout how the site works there. Thanks!
Last edited by Jim T.; Jan 06, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Jan 06, 2012, 05:04 PM
Opt
Opt
Just did my first ever FPV flights with my zephyr!!! Editing video now...
Jan 06, 2012, 06:28 PM
Youre a good lookin' kid Kev, sweet scooter too.

Hope one day there will be a comp for non-zephyr owners to win a ZII

Quick Reply