New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:36 PM
JeffGmann is offline
Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Thats Right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
For those who don't like the tubing on the seat why not use fuel tubing instead? It has to be lighter than alloy or other heavy plastics. Less work to.





Double Trouble


I came across some old nitro tubing I had sitting around. The tube is to large. The wing wire is very loose fitting.




Jeffgmann
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
CRA is offline
CRA
Find More Posts by CRA
CRA
Registered User
They make different sizes. Why does it have to be for nitro? Anyone try antenna tubing instead?





Craig
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:26 PM
JeffGmann is offline
Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Thats Right!
Won't fit my friend. To small of hole for the wire to slide into.







Jeffgmann
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
larc is offline
Find More Posts by larc
Registered User
larc's Avatar
Can someone tell me what the transmission ratio for the karts is?

WoodyT
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
JeffGmann is offline
Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Thats Right!
Mitch said it was 10:1 no different than whats run on most real scale shift karts.






Jeffgman
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
Team Edge RC is offline
Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Team Edge
Team Edge RC's Avatar
Correct Jeff and thanks. Also rollout makes a difference as well. This has to do with your Foam tires or wheel diameter. I won't get all technical since it really can't be changed much considering you can't cut down your tires much more to increase take off nor add rubber for more top speed. Everyone is basically on the same level playing field. It all comes down to the drivers driving skills actually.





Robert
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:35 PM
JeffGmann is offline
Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Thats Right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC View Post
Correct Jeff and thanks. Also rollout makes a difference as well. This has to do with your Foam tires or wheel diameter. I won't get all technical since it really can't be changed much considering you can't cut down your tires much more to increase take off nor add rubber for more top speed. Everyone is basically on the same level playing field. It all comes down to the drivers driving skills actually.





Robert


No problem just helping out bro.







Jeffgmann
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:34 PM
CeriJonston is offline
Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Registered User
CeriJonston's Avatar
While you all are on the topic of rollout. I'll fess up the new tires are a little bigger than my Sheps. First chance J and I get I'll be changing my punch setting. With the tires being larger in diameter I know my take off will be slower. We'll have to see I haven't ran it since we put on the new rims and tires.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
HairlessMonkey is offline
Find More Posts by HairlessMonkey
Hairless Monkey
HairlessMonkey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeriJonston View Post
While you all are on the topic of rollout. I'll fess up the new tires are a little bigger than my Sheps. First chance J and I get I'll be changing my punch setting. With the tires being larger in diameter I know my take off will be slower. We'll have to see I haven't ran it since we put on the new rims and tires.
I think someone in another thread was asking about this to. Maybe Elfie or ? Not sure. When I changed over from the old to the new there wasn't a difference. I didn't retune anything. Leave it, I would. I don't see it making a world of difference.





Hairless Monkey
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:03 PM
Team Edge RC is offline
Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Team Edge
Team Edge RC's Avatar
Your exactly right it won't make much difference. If you think you see it, add more punch but keep your timing the same.





Robert
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:43 PM
cakeman is offline
Find More Posts by cakeman
Cakeman
Then I guess I'll be hanging on to my Reedys until?





Cakeman
Old Mar 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
Team Edge RC is offline
Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Team Edge
Team Edge RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeman View Post
Then I guess I'll be hanging on to my Reedys until?





Cakeman


Sure Cake, I wouldn't expect anything else. This is why I'm not rushing to get them out on the tracks just yet. Todd and I want to do more comparison testing during races. This will be the true tale of the cells.








Robert
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:51 PM
JeffGmann is offline
Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Thats Right!
My HyperDrive wing mounts came in today. They look to beautiful to mount. Great find guys and great tip Larc!







Jeffgmann
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:42 PM
P.ODell is offline
Find More Posts by P.ODell
Holding on to my SEAT!
P.ODell's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGmann View Post
My HyperDrive wing mounts came in today. They look to beautiful to mount. Great find guys and great tip Larc!







Jeffgmann

How did they mount up? I was looking again at Larcs and noticed he shave off some of the inside chassis. Did you have to do the same with these?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:56 PM
CeriJonston is offline
Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Registered User
CeriJonston's Avatar
Any pictures Jeff?







Ceri


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Brushless Go kart HKing abletowinginc Car Talk 3 Jun 23, 2011 01:01 PM
Idea Dock Kart zorrow Dock Talk 7 Mar 09, 2011 09:10 PM
Discussion OT: Great video of the 1/10 scale Cross Fire Kart RC Kart Akura2 Motorcycles 12 Feb 18, 2010 01:17 AM