Jan 03, 2012, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Kart Questions

1. Who makes the front bumpers or are they a make it yourself thing?

2. Can you mount the wing to the chassis - rules say no holes in the chassis except for sero/antenna mounts? The way it's mounted now is ok; just wondering about another way to mount it.

WoodyT
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2012, 09:51 PM
Thats Right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larc

2. Can you mount the wing to the chassis - rules say no holes in the chassis except for sero/antenna mounts? The way it's mounted now is ok; just wondering about another way to mount it.

WoodyT

Woody I'll try to answer first.

Can you mount the wing to the chassis? Sure you can. I use heatshrink tubing to hold mine in place. I run mine down the front of the seat with my drivers back up against it. Less weight the better so this is why I and others use the tubing. I say make your own Wood. I don't see why you can't. If you do I guess you could use over size tubing and run it up from the chassis somehow.

Front Bumpers? Mitch in MIssouri at RBP make them. There tiny and protect the front nose nicely. I guess you could run what ever providing its not damaging to other karts on the track. try to keep it light what ever you choose but once again I don't see why not.

Maybe others can add on to this for you.

Jeffgmann
Jan 03, 2012, 10:40 PM
Just_Me
I don't remember who but someones using a rear wing mount off the back of his seat. It was darn sweet if I recall. I'll scope out some of the back post and see if I can find it.

Just_Me
Jan 04, 2012, 07:17 PM
Me Toby You?
I say go with what you want for a bumper. I do know in the rules it doesn't state you must run one. Mitch told me personally. On your wing idea? I tried a couple of options but they didn't work well. Most wobble to much I quickly found out. I guess one could mount tubes to the back of the seat. I've seen some ripped right off that were mounted that way. I found this out first hand. I went back to the old way using tubing in the front of the seat. I use alloy tubing unlike the others. Let us know what you come up with.

Toby
Jan 04, 2012, 07:40 PM
Whats in your fridge?
Try using a rear wing mount off a 18t. Mount it to your seat from behind. No tubing is needed. You'll need to take a lighter and slightly bend the mounts up to give you enough down force for entering and exiting turns. My 2

Kid Ice
Jan 05, 2012, 10:39 AM
Kid where you been? Are still racing these days?
Jan 05, 2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidice
Try using a rear wing mount off a 18t. Mount it to your seat from behind. No tubing is needed. You'll need to take a lighter and slightly bend the mounts up to give you enough down force for entering and exiting turns. My 2

Kid Ice
I take it the mount is plastic then? My brother has one and by looking at the mount in question. It would fit on the back side of the seat if four holes were drilled I guess?

Mr.Fixit
Jan 05, 2012, 01:48 PM
Team Edge
Quote:

WoodyT
I can send one out to you when I get back FOC (free of charge). About your wing mounting? Your more than welcome to mount your wing however you need. Most use the tubing since its light and easily hidden behind the driver. Not sure if theres enough chassis skeleton to mount to unless you added some structure to the rearend. Maybe a straight or flat bar? Go for it and post some images.

Robert
Jan 05, 2012, 01:56 PM
Team Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGmann

Front Bumpers? Mitch in MIssouri at RBP make them. There tiny and protect the front nose nicely. I guess you could run what ever providing its not damaging to other karts on the track. try to keep it light what ever you choose but once again I don't see why not.

Maybe others can add on to this for you.

Jeffgmann

FYI? We also have them on hand down in Alabama, Jeff. Mitch molds them up there and ships them down. The bumpers are 2 inch in length and maybe 1/2 wide. Its just hard plastic to keep the front end from being scratched during races as we stated before in a past posting. We had many complaining if you recall about front nose pieces being scratched up.

Robert
Jan 05, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cakeman
All of you are talking about my wing. It works great for me. When I get home to my desktop I'll post the wing mount for you Larc. Its easy to install bro.

Cakerman
Jan 05, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cakeman

Larc

I went ahead and pulled it off my past posting. Here you go check it out!

Cakeman
Jan 05, 2012, 07:23 PM
Just_Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeman
I went ahead and pulled it off my past posting. Here you go check it out!

Cakeman
Thanks for helping us all remember. I was racking my brain trying to figure out who it was.

Just_Me
Jan 05, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thread OP
Robert, Thanks in advance for the bumper. Got the tires. Your right, there is not enough chassis to do what I was thinking. Kart runs great. Got the esc set-up box; will call you once you get back. Hope you are enjoying your time off and not working to hard on the new house.

Cakeman, that wing mount looks good.

WoodyT
Jan 05, 2012, 09:08 PM
Cakeman
Quote:
Robert, Thanks in advance for the bumper. Got the tires. Your right, there is not enough chassis to do what I was thinking. Kart runs great. Got the esc set-up box; will call you once you get back. Hope you are enjoying your time off and not working to hard on the new house.

WoodyT
It fits perfect and I used the TA hardware it came with. Don't get the alloy mounts because the bend won't cut it. The wing slants down instead of up. Even the plastic you'll need to bend it up by using a heat gun or lighter. Todd showed me a trick in making both mounts the same angle. I'll share the secret with you if you use the mounts.

Cakeman
Jan 06, 2012, 10:52 AM
Team Edge
Quote:

WoodyT
Woody believe it or not, we just rolled out of bed! Man this move is killing us. We stayed up last night till 3am. I must be getting to old for this moving stuff.

Glad to hear you tires arrived. Call me if you need help with setting up your esc and motor. As usual, I may be busy but I always can make time. The wife just walked in the door with donuts and hot chocolate! Gotta run! YUM.

Robert

Quick Reply