Well I did it. Took me about 6 hours to finish both (Tx and Rx pair) of them to my satisfaction. I messed up numerous times (twice) and had to start completely over. Those mistakes were on the Cloverleaf by IBCrazy which I found particularly difficult compared to the straightforward Turbine by Hugeone.
The geometry of the Cloverleaf I am still not 100% sure about but it must be close enough as when I tested the two antennas on the table it worked and the video looked very good. I am also happy to report that the Turbine is doing a fine job limiting the interference from my RC Tx which on the old linear omni antenna had problems with scrolling bands if placed closer than 5 feet to the Tx. If all goes well on the ground range test and subsequent flight around the soccer fields I'll take this plane and throw it off the side of Reser Stadium.
Also I fixed a problem that occurred last time I went flying. My rudder servo was stuck all the way to the right and no stick input would change that. This problem was discovered on the ground before flying so I ended up just pulling the servo and flying with ailerons/elevator only for that flight. Today I traced every step in the signal path from my Tx to the "faulty" servo which I found out is not so faulty after all. After checking that the servo indeed worked fine I thought that the wiring somewhere in the tail boom must have become damaged and disconnected. But after testing both ends with my multimeter I discovered that the wiring was continuous. So I then checked to make sure RVOSD G5 was indeed recognizing the rudder channel and outputting something and it was. The next step back in the chain was the LRS receiver which I had just gotten a few months ago from DragonLabs as part of a free upgrade/repair (Amazing customer service - highly recommend them). After testing that and finding the channel works the only other possible place was inside the RC controller. So I opened up the controller and, sure enough, there was the + wire ripped off of the pot controller. After a quick resolder back onto the pot everything worked great and the malfunctioning rudder was fixed. This is of course after checking every other thing before realizing it was the controller.