900 Mhz - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 02, 2012, 12:02 PM
Registered User
Discussion

900 Mhz


Because of 2.4's high use and vunerablety, sometime ago there was some discussion about using 900 Mhz. Does anyone know if that has gone any farther?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2012, 10:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
the upcoming transmitter will have a 900mhz version as will the new receivers in development...
Jan 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
Registered User
Thanks, any specs or costs yet? As I also recall, there was some discusions about a new system being available only to professionals, any truth to that?
Jan 03, 2012, 11:19 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLee
Thanks, any specs or costs yet? As I also recall, there was some discusions about a new system being available only to professionals, any truth to that?
the 2.4 Tx is going to have a price tag of $250... Jim has mentioned that the 900mhz would probably be labeled as the "pro" version... but unsure if pricing will be any different, and for sure the "pro" is just a label, not that it will be restricted to professional customers.
Jan 03, 2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
When Jim's system first came out, a couple of us went to his system. We were having some very weird problems we could not solve. I used to range test with a receiver covered by a tin can 3ft above the ground greater than 100 ft., put that receiver and a LiFe receiver pack in an airplane and some days all would be well and the next day, crash the airplane. My friend would have the same problems. We also sent our Futaba's in for service and asked them to be sure to check the solder connections. We went to Jim's system because, we both really liked our old 8U and 9C's and we both had a lot of compatable 72 receivers we could go back too if need be.
We have since discovered that any non-hopper system is questionable to fly at our field. We have both went to a hopper system, him to Futaba and me to Hitec and eliminated our problems. So-my question is this, has Jim went to a hopper system?
BTY, I had a module, xdp, and about 10 receivers.
Jan 03, 2012, 01:34 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLee
When Jim's system first came out, a couple of us went to his system. We were having some very weird problems we could not solve. I used to range test with a receiver covered by a tin can 3ft above the ground greater than 100 ft., put that receiver and a LiFe receiver pack in an airplane and some days all would be well and the next day, crash the airplane. My friend would have the same problems. We also sent our Futaba's in for service and asked them to be sure to check the solder connections. We went to Jim's system because, we both really liked our old 8U and 9C's and we both had a lot of compatable 72 receivers we could go back too if need be.
We have since discovered that any non-hopper system is questionable to fly at our field. We have both went to a hopper system, him to Futaba and me to Hitec and eliminated our problems. So-my question is this, has Jim went to a hopper system?
BTY, I had a module, xdp, and about 10 receivers.

yup, the XPS system is now hopping full time. I started using it after this update, but in use at events like SEFF, I've had no radio issues.
Jan 03, 2012, 04:35 PM
We have always had frequency hopping. In October of 2008 we added 4 new frequency hopping modes (to conform with European EN300-328 rules changes). We also added a low voltage warning, and 80% of our customers immediately reported the warning coming on!

900MHz is definitely a better frequency for flying. We will have both 900Mhz and 2.4GHz versions of our transmitter, as well as the exact same receivers available in both 900MHz and 2.4GHz versions.
Jan 03, 2012, 09:54 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
<---- is looking forward to being a 900mhz snob
Jan 04, 2012, 10:16 AM
Registered User
When I opened this thread, I did not intend to get into a discussion about frequency hopping, or batteries. I am only really interested in 900 mhz, the transmitter specs, costs of both the transmitter modules and receivers.
Jan 04, 2012, 11:27 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLee
When I opened this thread, I did not intend to get into a discussion about frequency hopping, or batteries. I am only really interested in 900 mhz, the transmitter specs, costs of both the transmitter modules and receivers.
then why did you ask about hopping?... Jim only mentions the batteries because it was his experience that the reliability of the XPS system was there but it was an on-board power issue.

The transmitter thread can be found here... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1243767


...lighten up, it's a forum thread.
Jan 04, 2012, 02:16 PM
Registered User
Your right it's just a forum thread, and I apologize for sounding negative.
Jan 05, 2012, 11:57 AM
Live for speed
GoFaster's Avatar
Based on dev, compliance testing and production schedules - can we anticipate 900Mhz tx and rx system in 2012?
Jan 05, 2012, 12:26 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster
Based on dev, compliance testing and production schedules - can we anticipate 900Mhz tx and rx system in 2012?
Jim was saying that the FCC delay in the 2.4ghz allowed some progress on 900mhz and that it may not be far behind the 2.4ghz set at all.
Jan 05, 2012, 02:20 PM
What Canary?
KeithK's Avatar
Will there be a 900Mhz module for the Hitec Aurora 9?
Jan 06, 2012, 01:10 AM
We plan to make 900MHz as common as our 2.4Ghz, with indentical modules and receivers.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Gently used 900 mhz patch and 1/2 wave 900 mhz tx antenna Kahuna717 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 2 Oct 02, 2011 05:50 AM
Help! RV 900 mHz TX/RX, DX-201. PROBLEMS bsfixit FPV Talk 3 Sep 12, 2011 03:13 PM
Found 900 mhz Receiver thefokker FPV Equipment (FS/W) 3 Sep 08, 2011 03:53 PM
For Sale Gently used 900 mhz patch and 1/2 wave 900 mhz tx antenna Kahuna717 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Aug 02, 2011 09:53 PM
For Sale Gently used 900 mhz patch and 1/2 wave 900 mhz tx antenna Kahuna717 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 4 Jul 03, 2011 12:20 AM