May 07, 2013, 04:20 AM
iguy35: That inductor looks like part of the power supply. Wanna try fix? If it's solder lugs have not broken off it should be fine. Check it with an ohmmeter, less than infinity is good If it has broken, look closely. See the coil of fine wire around the component's girth? Reattach the loose end directly to the circuit board if you can and reinforce with superglue. Otherwise you will need to replace it. On my unit that inductor (and the one beside it) measures about 5.6 microhenries in-circuit, mind you this could be way off it's real value.
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks Prickle, I appreciate your help. I will give it a try. The coil is so thin, I need to get a good magnifier first!
Jun 12, 2013, 10:30 AM
Hi! This is my first post. I read all the thread, it's fantastic! I found a lot o informations.

I would like to buy a spy camera, i would like to have the camera that produce video with higher quality. Following your advice I'm interesting about the new jumbo hd 1080p.
The #808 have a bit less quality in the daytime record, isnt'it?

What's the difference between this http://www.ebay.it/itm/1080P-HD-1920...#ht_3660wt_952 and this http://www.ebay.it/itm/1080p-HD-Jumb...#ht_4127wt_952 ?

The first costs 39$, the second 59$
Last edited by marco_tv; Jun 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
Jun 12, 2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_tv
Hi! This is my first post. I read all the thread, it's fantastic! I found a lot o informations.

I would like to buy a spy camera, i would like to have the camera that produce video with higher quality. Following your advice I'm interesting about the new jumbo hd 1080p.
The #808 have a bit less quality in the daytime record, isnt'it?

In the first post is wrote that it'is available ONLY from these eBay stores:eletech086,
power-gps,hxelepro365. I live in europe, there is a reliable seller in Europe?
I don't want to put you off, but I take it you know that this camera will most likely soon be discontinued. There are lots of bugs which most probably originate from the processor chip used. Videos are pulsating, for example. Because of these bugs, the camera has proved to be a big disappointment ever since it was produced. If you are only interested in taking pictures, then the camera takes good pictures.

If you are interested in the Jumbo size, then I suggest you take a look at the brand new Mobius ActionCam which will soon be available.
The preview thread is closed, but you can still gain a lot of information from the first few pages by clicking here.
There is a new thread with more information here, but it is under construction, so please don't post there until the thread receives a real name.
The Mobius is expected to be the best miniature 1080p camera available.

Another camera, but in an enlarged 808 keychain form, is the #26. This camera has been available for a few weeks but appears to be much too expensive for what it can do. Click here for the link.
Jun 12, 2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_tv

What's the difference between this http://www.ebay.it/itm/1080P-HD-1920...#ht_3660wt_952 and this http://www.ebay.it/itm/1080p-HD-Jumb...#ht_4127wt_952 ?

The first costs 39$, the second 59$
I don't believe there's any difference except for the price, or maybe I missed something
Most likely the seller is trying to get rid of his stocks - see my previous post.

Oh yes, in my previous post I forgot to mention that the Mobius will record about 80 mins. of video using the internal battery.
The Mobius has a large, quality lens. The #26 has a much smaller lens so is better for "spy" purposes.
Jun 12, 2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop
I don't want to put you off, but I take it you know that this camera will most likely soon be discontinued. There are lots of bugs which most probably originate from the processor chip used. Videos are pulsating, for example. Because of these bugs, the camera has proved to be a big disappointment ever since it was produced. If you are only interested in taking pictures, then the camera takes good pictures.

If you are interested in the Jumbo size, then I suggest you take a look at the brand new Mobius ActionCam which will soon be available.
The preview thread is closed, but you can still gain a lot of information from the first few pages by clicking here.
There is a new thread with more information here, but it is under construction, so please don't post there until the thread receives a real name.
The Mobius is expected to be the best miniature 1080p camera available.

Another camera, but in an enlarged 808 keychain form, is the #26. This camera has been available for a few weeks but appears to be much too expensive for what it can do. Click here for the link.

thank you very very very much for your post!
I have just saw the thread about Mobius and the two videos here http://joovuu.com/store/index.php?id...roller=product
It seems very good!
I think i will wait some days
Jul 05, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hi all, Just received my 16 with FPV function and cable. I am still waiting the video TX 5.8 200MW. The first test is excellent. I have update the FIRMWARE to 0.67.mov, will test 0.67.avi later. The image is very very good (very closed or even equal to the GOPRO and other HDxx). The parameters are updatable via PC and a software (easy to find on internet). Bought it 49dlrs at goodluckybuy. Basic settings:T out NTSC/PAL. Photo every 025,05, 1s, 2, 5, 10, 30 and 60s, motion timeout, motion detect, timestamp (sync with your pc), auto record, auto-shutoff, TV out all these updatable (BASIC). Recording settings: indicator, loop recording, rotate 180, video data rate, frame rate 5, 10,15,20,25 and 30FPS, when at 5 the replay is at 30 (you ll see an accelation by 6X), video frame size 1280x720, 848x480,640x480; video clip length 5,20,40,70mins, audio volume off, low, medium, high; all thse updatable. Advance image setting: Exposure, white balance, contrast, saturation, color options are programmable with lighter/light/normal/dark/darker values. OPtions color are mono, sepia, cooler, cool, normal, warm, warmer. What else do we need. The video output is on pin 4 of the mini USB connector. The #16 is there since a view time and sounds stable. DO not hesitate to buy it. I am very satisfied. I havent compare bits by bits with other HDxx etc... I am convinced this is a usefull product at a very decent price. Happy flys - THierry BE
Jul 05, 2013, 10:38 AM
not running for the exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by betibeau
Hi all, Just received my 16 with FPV function and cable. I am still waiting the video TX 5.8 200MW. The first test is excellent. I have update the FIRMWARE to 0.67.mov, will test 0.67.avi later. The image is very very good (very closed or even equal to the GOPRO and other HDxx). The parameters are updatable via PC and a software (easy to find on internet). Bought it 49dlrs at goodluckybuy. Basic settings:T out NTSC/PAL. Photo every 025,05, 1s, 2, 5, 10, 30 and 60s, motion timeout, motion detect, timestamp (sync with your pc), auto record, auto-shutoff, TV out all these updatable (BASIC). Recording settings: indicator, loop recording, rotate 180, video data rate, frame rate 5, 10,15,20,25 and 30FPS, when at 5 the replay is at 30 (you ll see an accelation by 6X), video frame size 1280x720, 848x480,640x480; video clip length 5,20,40,70mins, audio volume off, low, medium, high; all thse updatable. Advance image setting: Exposure, white balance, contrast, saturation, color options are programmable with lighter/light/normal/dark/darker values. OPtions color are mono, sepia, cooler, cool, normal, warm, warmer. What else do we need. The video output is on pin 4 of the mini USB connector. The #16 is there since a view time and sounds stable. DO not hesitate to buy it. I am very satisfied. I havent compare bits by bits with other HDxx etc... I am convinced this is a usefull product at a very decent price. Happy flys - THierry BE
I agree, the #16 is excellent, however this is the wrong thread, the actual #16 thread is here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1556994

But please don't repost the above information in that thread, it has all been covered in very great detail in the 15,000+ posts there.

Thank you.
Jul 05, 2013, 10:43 AM

sorry

I havent see the specific thread. Just move my message, if you want to. Thierry BE
Jul 05, 2013, 03:38 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Betibeau,

I'd just cross-post it. There's nothing wrong with an honest mistake of posting in the wrong thread.

It's just that when people abuse forums by cross-posting ALL THE TIME ALL OVER the place, is when moderators and/or thread starter 'owners' get mad!!

(But also mention your reason for cross posting, that way they will understand - Hopefully!!

B!
Jul 05, 2013, 04:33 PM
Dance the skies...

End of this thread

This old 1080p HD camera has not had any developer support to fix some of the video issues since it's very beginning, and they have now come out with a new model (dubbed the #26), so this camera is now "over the hill".

The post traffic here is almost nil, and discussion seems to migrate to other camera's anyway, so I've decided to just close this thread. It has served it's purpose... time to move on.