Feb 09, 2013, 05:51 PM
I wonder if anybody can help please, today my jumbo 1080p that I bought in June 2012 is no longer working. when i turn it on using the power on button, the light just stays on, and I can't turn it off, record, or switch video modes, nothing responds, it just crashes as soon as its on.

I have tried the reset button and removing and reconnecting the battery, nothing has any effect. I tried copying the firmware files to sd card with a usb sdcard reader, inserting them into the camera and powering up, as per instructions, but the light just keeps flashing (as if it has no sd card in it), but when i remove the files and connect the sdcard as normal it just does as above, light on, nothing responding.

I know its only a cheap cam so I don't mind getting another one (preferably one that goes directly into 1080p mode like the one in the techmoan video, unlike this one where you have to keep pushing buttons until it does...), but if I can save myself a few bucks with a fix please let me know,

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2013, 01:20 AM

I have the almost the same issue

Hi
My camera turned on and not turned off, I press reset button, it turned off.
Now i can not bring it back to turn on!
The camera is absolutely new!
Feb 11, 2013, 01:23 PM
bit of a co-insodence we both have the same problem with the same cam at the same time, don't you think? I wonder if other people have this problem.. it could be hard-coded into the clock to stop working after a certain time to force you buying a new one, I have seen this happen with other 3rd party gadgets from hongkong.. after all, who are you going to complain to? most of them don't even have a proper company that is producing them.. (in our case though, we know its htinter.com)
Feb 11, 2013, 06:49 PM
Try to disconnect and reconnect the battery, and it will be fine again
Feb 12, 2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newer View Post
Try to disconnect and reconnect the battery, and it will be fine again
Quote:
Originally Posted by More View Post
I have tried the reset button and removing and reconnecting the battery, nothing has any effect
thanks but as said I tried this already :<
Mar 12, 2013, 07:32 PM
Has anyone got this working as a webcam? I did a search for "coach dsc" drivers for windows 7 but could only find drivers for XP etc which do not load in W7.

Cheers
Andy
Mar 13, 2013, 05:00 PM
is there a GUI for adjusting settings with this camera?
I noted there are ones for the others... do they work with this?
my first test is at www.vimeo.com/fillc

I'm not expecting epic but I'd like to be able to improve it a little
sorry I'm a little new at all this
thank you for any help you can offer
Mar 13, 2013, 06:37 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillC View Post
is there a GUI for adjusting settings with this camera?
No, sorry.
Mar 13, 2013, 07:11 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
And why not?
Get to work Isoprop !!
Just Kidding!
B!LL!
Mar 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
And why not?
Get to work Isoprop !!
Just Kidding!
B!LL!
Well I'm sure Isoprop could do it if it were possible (and he had the time and desire), but the problem is that the firmware is not structured to accept parameter reading from a user configured file, or by direct USB communication as has become possible with the smaller #16 720p HD camera. This 1080p is like the original #11, where to change anything requires writing a new firmware to toggle the desired changes, and loading it in when you wanted to do even a simple task like turn off the date/time stamp. That quickly becomes a nightmare with many FW versions needed to address all the different combinations of even a small handful of toggles as we saw with the #11.

This camera has bigger issues with video quality that needs to be fixed first, but so far there has been no new firmware released that can do it.
Mar 14, 2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
And why not?
Get to work Isoprop !!
Just Kidding!
B!LL!
Yea, like Tom says there's no communication, disk or USB, available. But, if you go back a few years, I wrote a GUI to automatically patch the #3 firmware. I certainly don't want to go thru all that hassle again

Even if it were possible, I would leave all these cameras alone and only concentrate on the one camera type that I believe merits such a setup!
Mar 14, 2013, 01:18 PM
Ascended Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Yea, like Tom says there's no communication, disk or USB, available. But, if you go back a few years, I wrote a GUI to automatically patch the #3 firmware. I certainly don't want to go thru all that hassle again

Even if it were possible, I would leave all these cameras alone and only concentrate on the one camera type that I believe merits such a setup!
What you said!
Mar 14, 2013, 04:00 PM
thanks for the info guys (and gals)
shoulda read the 50+ pages before I ordered;-)
guess I just naturally figured it'd be better than what had gone before

not to worry, it's a fraction of the go pro and I'm not trying to make movies
& the stills look really good so there's still lots of +ives

I'll keep an eye on the forum though, I have the AVout model with the lens on the other side of the buttons if anyone had questions (not covered above / already) about it

laters,
Px
Mar 15, 2013, 10:20 AM
I want to know who else has the av out model, and for how long you have had it.

Since my one and somebody else's one stopped working for no reason at all (just powers up, lights flash, and powers itself down again) I think they have made these devices to stop working after some time, to force you to buy another one.

So I bought the new ligher cam HD 1080p device, but this is NOT 1080P!!! it's upscaled crappy low resolution, 480p maybe..
Just look for yourself:

LIGHTER CAM HD 1080p
PICT0001 (0 min 34 sec)

versus

JUMBO HD 1080p
snowy bench 20130118 132815 (0 min 16 sec)

(apologies for not doing a direct same video comparison but my jumbo 1080p has stopped working, as i said)
it's clear that this is fake 1080p and people who make this should be fined and permanently banned from the electronic industry for fraudulent advertising.

if anybody knows of a good quality true 1080p hand-held keychain cheap camera as good as the jumbo (but not the jumbo) in the same structural format (keychain) please let me know, thanks!
Last edited by More; Mar 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
Mar 15, 2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by More View Post
I want to know who else has the av out model, and for how long you have had it.

Since my one and somebody else's one stopped working for no reason at all (just powers up, lights flash, and powers itself down again) I think they have made these devices to stop working after some time, to force you to buy another one.

So I bought the new ligher cam HD 1080p device, but this is NOT 1080P!!! it's upscaled crappy low resolution, 480p maybe..
Just look for yourself:

LIGHTER CAM HD 1080p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5Ddfg-Jxk&hd=1

versus

JUMBO HD 1080p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPHspXZBxoc&hd=1

(apologies for not doing a direct same video comparison but my jumbo 1080p has stopped working, as i said)
it's clear that this is fake 1080p and people who make this should be fined and permanently banned from the electronic industry for fraudulent advertising.

if anybody knows of a true 1080p hand-held keychain cheap camera like the jumbo (but not the jumbo) please let me know, I have searched and searched and found tons of 720p ones but none 1080p.. is the jumbo cam the ONLY keychain camera in the world this size to do 1080p? surely not.. I hope!
A lot of people fall into the same trap and have purchased devices that don't do what they're supposed to do. You can never trust specifications boasting high resolution. Very often the sellers don't even know the products they are selling and rely on manufacturer's advertising, or, even worse, copy/paste specifications for a completely different device. This happened a few times with the #16.

I believe the current 1080p camera is the only jumbo keychain available at the moment that will do real 1080p. Most likely no others exist because there isn't a suitable processor that is small, lightweight and will do 1080p. I don't think all the problems this camera has is purely due to firmware. Most likely the main problem lies buried deep in the processor. Even if you were to find another model, and if it runs with the same processor, then I very much doubt you'll get any better results.

There are other 1080p small cameras on the market, but they are all much larger than the "Jumbo". I don't know what processor they use, but most likely they are much larger than the one used in this camera.