New FULL HD 1080p "Key Chain" Camera - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 02, 2012, 08:31 PM
New WHAT????
Aaaaarrrgggghhhh.....
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2012, 09:00 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Is there a 'best' way to isolate these little cameras from the airframe? I flew a #11 today on my new little hexacopter using velcro...to much jello. I'm think some sort of foam between camera and mount but don't know if there's a 'best' material to use.
Jan 02, 2012, 09:01 PM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
I did trimming and added some fancy transitions with no problem, but it's only a 41MB short file clip. I didn't come close to gobbling up my 12GB of PC RAM or taxing the i7 CPU or Graphics card GPU (I use MAGIX Movie Edit Pro MX Plus). The truth will come out when editing a long continuous video that taxes the computer memory and CPU speed.
My experience with Bloggie etc. is that the file size doesn't matter. I do like to read from one drive and write to another, that's an old habit, maybe superstition.

Your machine will definitely process MUCH faster. All I'm saying is that potential HD users shouldn't give up if they have limited hardware, it might just take more time.
Jan 02, 2012, 09:06 PM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Is there a 'best' way to isolate these little cameras from the airframe? I flew a #11 today on my new little hexacopter using velcro...to much jello. I'm think some sort of foam between camera and mount but don't know if there's a 'best' material to use.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1537019
Jan 02, 2012, 09:18 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
The very first thing is to eliminate the vibration at the source, mean props and rotors must be well balanced. The more blades that are spinning the more difficult it becomes, so with a hex copter.... well... difficult at best. But maybe they will offset each other!

Velcro by itself is a very poor method, though, if you can wobble the camera on it by hand. The "industrial velcor" is much more rigid and better. Some tape, rubber bands, etc. to bind it tighter to the airframe with some bubble wrap in between works better for me.
Jan 02, 2012, 09:20 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot
Thanks. I remember seeing that post now...forgot all about it. Looks like I'm off to get some weatherstripping!!!!
Jan 02, 2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Velcro is about the worse that can be used. Personally, I use hot glue and mount the camera directly to the frame.
Jan 03, 2012, 09:10 AM
Wid
Wid
Live Your Dreams
What does it weigh?
Jan 03, 2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid
What does it weigh?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=24
Jan 03, 2012, 10:37 AM
PSALM 14:1
I realize this is a bit off topic, but I thought maybe you Key Chain Camera Cowboys () could answer a question:

- What camera options are there for taking STILLS in a small, inexpensive package like these keychain cameras are for video?

Any cheap, small, lightweight camera that I can remotely trigger from the Tx for stills?

Thanks guys...
Jan 03, 2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Weight should be maybe a tick more than the Jumbo #11 due to the slightly larger CMOS module. The Jumbo #11 is nominally 27 gms., so I'd estimate about the same for the "end view" version with the "Toyota" logo Jumbo case.... maybe 28 gms or so.

I have no idea on a number designation. Since this one does not come in the smaller "808" case design and is even more radically different from the #16 (different CMOS and video processor chip), it may not even have a number designation, which is something Chuck Lohr assigns to the small 808 case design cameras.
Thanks Tom.
Jan 03, 2012, 11:20 AM
Will this new model have the same design as the other key chain cameras (the camera on the top) or will it have a different design (camera on the broad side).

The reason I ask is because from the pictures it looks like the camera might not be at the top.
Jan 03, 2012, 11:37 AM
Wow, you guys are fast...
I was bothering Diana with some cheap chat and she said this camera is about to be released. I was happy to post the news, but there's a full discussion about it!

I WAS about to order a #16 (and my 3nd #11 has not even arrived yet...), I guess I'll wait this new cam (with 120 lens).

About mounts, have you guys tried 3M's Dual Lock? It's way stronger than velcro.

In my case (since weight is not an issue, I use a #11 as rear cam for go karting), I create/sculpt mounts with epoxy putty and cast mounts out of polyurethane resin. It's a lot of work... but this is the fun part!
Jan 03, 2012, 11:41 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erfrombham
Will this new model have the same design as the other key chain cameras (the camera on the top) or will it have a different design (camera on the broad side).

The reason I ask is because from the pictures it looks like the camera might not be at the top.
If you saw the pictures, you also should have read the text in the post with them... it comes in BOTH case designs, one for the end lens camera and the other for the side lens camera.
Jan 03, 2012, 01:36 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
ok so where can one pick one of these up other than ebay