New FULL HD 1080p "Key Chain" Camera - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 02, 2012, 09:27 AM
Yeap, I strongly believe this is the way to go! Smaller aircrafts with smaller camera. Wow!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2012, 09:31 AM
This was what i was waiting for but expected them to milk the # 16 for longer [Looks like the camera tech race is on].
Jan 02, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi
What about me with my #3!
Ha Ha +1
Same here
Jan 02, 2012, 09:52 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto
This was what i was waiting for but expected them to milk the # 16 for longer [Looks like the camera tech race is on].
As soon as I ordered the #16 they were cleared to make the announcement..

I think some how Walkera and this camera company are connected.. With the new models coming out before the last one even hit the shelves..
Last edited by livonia bob; Jan 02, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
Jan 02, 2012, 10:00 AM
Mr.
Oh well, as long as it comes with that elusive 120deg wide angle lens . . .
Jan 02, 2012, 10:33 AM
All it needs now is optional sound activation, and a choice of 25/30fps for better integration with other cameras' outputs (EU markets)
Jan 02, 2012, 10:49 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Oh...I like the idea of 60FPS in 720 mode. I've barely used my #11!!! I'll be watching development/testing on this one.
Jan 02, 2012, 12:40 PM
Kiwi in Germany
i will be watching this one. When the 120 degree lens comes out and people have tried it out I might pick one up. I would love to see how the 60fps works. Like to see how smooth it is.
Jan 02, 2012, 12:55 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk
Thanks for the heads up Tom! And I was just about to order the #16, decisions, decisions. Any info on weight? And what the model # is going to be? Cheers.
Weight should be maybe a tick more than the Jumbo #11 due to the slightly larger CMOS module. The Jumbo #11 is nominally 27 gms., so I'd estimate about the same for the "end view" version with the "Toyota" logo Jumbo case.... maybe 28 gms or so.

I have no idea on a number designation. Since this one does not come in the smaller "808" case design and is even more radically different from the #16 (different CMOS and video processor chip), it may not even have a number designation, which is something Chuck Lohr assigns to the small 808 case design cameras.
Jan 02, 2012, 01:06 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by newer
Yeah, A/V out would be great!
And would be nice if they could provide original unedited video sample, so that we could see file size, video bit rate, real quality etc
The short clip I uploaded to ExposureRoom.com can be downloaded from that site from the page that plays the clip. It's a native file from the camera, but being so short and in low light, the bit rate may also be low. FWIW, here's what Gspot shows for the native clip:
Jan 02, 2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks!
The original video looks fantastic, much better than #11!
Jan 02, 2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman
Interesting, but it's getting to the point with these little cams where if I add up what I spent on mini dv's I could have bought one slightly larger camera.
Good point .

If I may throw in another point: 1080P video requires serious computer power. I'm now playing with 1080P50 video from a Panasonic camera. And editing with the simple tools like Videopad is already quite impossible (long delays). AVIDEMUX is crashing on opening of the video. Then I tried some Linux video editing programs, but they need to work with downscaled proxy files. But still then it's very sluggish and sometimes a crash. Filesizes are extreme as well. Seems that 720P is manageable for quick and dirty editing, but 1080P requires serieuos effort or professional software. I'm using a pretty fast quad core and 4 GB of RAM.
Jan 02, 2012, 05:33 PM
Suspended Account
congrads finally the HD1080P........

MP4 format sweet. Lets hope the Blue in the sky will be correct?

Editing HD1080P is as easy as pie. Old Laptop and correct editor works woders

Magix Movie editor 15 plus and higher.

good luck all who order good luck. cannot wait. may be a little to heavy for me
I use a upconverter CinimaHD2000 to get some sharper
Jan 02, 2012, 06:13 PM
Just thumbing through...

Edit test on XP netbook

This is an edit test of Tom's file. I used my netbook (while watching NY beat the Flyers 3-2!!). The second half is the same as the first, only sharpened. Added title and subtitles just to show it's no prob. MediaImpression basic software used

HD 1080p with MediaImpression.mp4 (0 min 44 sec)
Jan 02, 2012, 08:25 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot
This is an edit test of Tom's file. I used my netbook (while watching NY beat the Flyers 3-2!!). The second half is the same as the first, only sharpened. Added title and subtitles just to show it's no prob. MediaImpression basic software used
I did trimming and added some fancy transitions with no problem, but it's only a 41MB short file clip. I didn't come close to gobbling up my 12GB of PC RAM or taxing the i7 CPU or Graphics card GPU (I use MAGIX Movie Edit Pro MX Plus). The truth will come out when editing a long continuous video that taxes the computer memory and CPU speed.