Jun 29, 2012, 11:18 AM
Time for me to Fly...
We are hear and we are cooking. The air is great right now too.

Gotta run...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2012, 01:09 PM
F3B and F3K
Can't join the fun today due to work and will be coming with the dawn patrol On Saturday.
Please party hard and get wasted.
See you all tomorrow at the briefing.
Reto
Jun 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
Adam RED Weston
Dallas now, only one time zone away. Its a little warm here, but lots of thermals on the approach. I imagine those will go away as I head into the "persistent" high pressure...
Red
Jun 29, 2012, 03:57 PM
Will fly for food
Good Luck Adam. Make us proud
Jun 29, 2012, 09:03 PM
Oleg Golovidov
I was brutally hot today. I arrived around 2pm, and was wet with sweat from just putting up the shade and tent. It takes effort even to speak and breath. Under a shade it is better, but still tough. By 5pm when the Radian Pro contest started, it cooled down a few degrees due to some haze in the sky. I don't know how we will survive this weekend It will take lots of physical strength in addition to flying abilities to fly well.

Glad to report that my team won the Radians again!!! We had 5 randomly selected pilot teams this time, AND we got bonus points for fastest assembly of the planes. Our team was 4th to finish the assembly and test flights, we got 20 second bonus for that (1st team to assemble got 35 seconds, then 30, 25, etc). Many teams had full 3 minute flights, but we had consistent flights near/above 2 minutes, I did a 2:57 at the end. We thought for sure we lost the contest. Turns out our consistency paid off. I was told we won by a few seconds only

We had at least one spectacular crash due to radio malfunction (?) - Gavin's team, who were the first to finish the assembly, but they did not test fly their model! One Radian was treed and fell down later during the passage of a quick storm cell that blew really hard for a few minutes. We had one, maybe more, off field landings! These planes do not have any penetration and if you get too far, you get caught off guard easily.
Jun 29, 2012, 09:56 PM
usaf3kteam
Man drink alot and go to outdoor shower alot have fun to all
Jun 29, 2012, 10:55 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
sounds like fun i had a blast last year wish i could be there this year keep us rcgroupers informed good luck too all jon
Jun 29, 2012, 11:42 PM
Kyle Clayton
Laying in the tent after a refreshing outdoor shower and listening to the crickets. Life is good today.

Hot looks to be the word for the weekend, both the temps and the competition.
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Jun 30, 2012, 12:01 AM
Where did my plane go???
Have a great weekend people!! I'm looking forward to all the posts on Monday morning to catch up on!

TomK..... Kick some AZZ this weekend !

Bruce, I'll catch it next year!!!

Off to the mountains!!

HUGH
Jun 30, 2012, 05:38 AM
Bruce Davidson
While there is not much happening on the field this early in the morning there is plenty of action in the cantina. Johnny and his crew were up before me working on the breakfast buffet. I just snuck in there and grabbed a plate for myself. Pilots meeting is at 8:00 this morning and I have lots to do before then AND I wanna get in a few morning flights.

Bruce
Jun 30, 2012, 09:34 AM
Bruce Davidson
We are into group C round 2 now. the day started with strong wind so poker was tough. Lots of trees already eating models and a few trips into the corn field. I love it, it started tough. I put in ballast after the first round but the wind seems to be laying down so out it comes before I fly again.

Bruce
Jun 30, 2012, 09:38 AM
Round 1 scores
Jun 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
Well, those scores sure point to tough conditions, there's quite a spread. Keep 'em coming!
Jun 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
Round 2 and totals so far

Jun 30, 2012, 12:12 PM
Round 3 and totals