gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Na Unh ???

Did something similar , which led to this
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2012, 08:50 PM
Wow, I go away for a week and you come out with another winner. Nice job.

Gary
Jan 10, 2012, 01:34 PM
Soul-Fisher
Mike,

You think you can do a KFM wing on this? Like a KFM3?

are you willing to share your sketchup model for personal use only?

Tim
Jan 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Tim: it would hurt the wing loading, and part of what makes this one is the super light wing loading. I'm thinking about doing another one more warbird-like with a kfm2 wing and lots of leading edge shaping to remove excess foam, but I think a kfm3 would be way overkill for this guy.

Unfortunately, there isn't a sketchup model of the plane, just the cut sheet. If you want that, I'll post it. Sorry to hear you won't be able to get to the tech session tomorrow, but "duty calls!"

mike
Jan 12, 2012, 08:23 AM
What size of site are you flying these 1/2 sheeters in?
Jan 12, 2012, 09:10 AM
treefinder
Thread OP
They fly in the Pontiac Soccer arena like in the big outdoors (as opposed to larger ones where the walls seem to be closing in) I also have flown mine behind the house, and probably stay in a 100ft square area. Next week, I'll try in our church gym, which is a standard single basketball court. I think that the OSA in particular will do fine, and this guy should as well. they both slow down nicely.
Jan 18, 2012, 10:08 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
UPdate: I added a labeled cut sheet, and a centerline section to the third post showing where all the little bits go, in case y'all were wondering where all those little squares go!
Jan 18, 2012, 11:13 PM
Total Noob
My next plane right there, lol
Mar 14, 2013, 07:59 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Well, guys, I did it: started a website to sell the one sheeters in laser cut foam kits. So far foam only, no extra supplies, but at least one doesn't have to cut it all out if they don't want to. The site just went live today, so may have some bugs in it. But give it a look and let me know what ya think: onesheetkits.us
Mar 18, 2013, 03:13 AM
Registered Misuser
Home page looks nice, though the product pages don't seem to work for me (in Italy and on my phone). Looking forwad to buying a kit.

Cheers,
Vince L.
Mar 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
treefinder
Thread OP
Vince: thanks for the input. I've got several comments about the slow product page, so I'm gonna reworking it to a page for each plane. Hopefully that will work better.
Nov 25, 2013, 04:19 PM
treefinder
Thread OP

Indoor season returns!

Winter in Michigan, November is unseasonably cold, it's time for indoor and getting all the half sheeters out and up to snuff! Last week, I took the prototype to our Church Gym and flew a pack (180mah) through it by verrry careful throttle management. The fact that she took off so nice and slow on her new wheels got me thinking that I could maybe do a lighter version for better slow flight. The last couple days of hiding from wind and cold indoors resulted in an second variant, the OSR lite....

Same basic plan, although I thinned the fuse and reduced vertical height. ( New template pdf's posted here). Wingspan still 21.75". I was able to get the weight down from ~90gm to ~75gm (forgot my crib sheet so numbers are approximate) That's all up weight with a 180mah 2s pack, 10gm motor, 3.7gm servos, 3ch HK rx with case removed. Haven't flown her yet ( winds in the 20's today), but hope to tomorrow at Soccer arena.

Another weight savings came from shrinking the canopy from a water bottle instead of a juice bottle: 6gm reduced to 2gm
Nov 25, 2013, 04:39 PM
That looks great mate, you know a slight tweak of the wing shape and you've got yourself a spitfire!!

The plans are a bit confusing, not sure what pieces are what. also on the side of the plans you've got the two fuselage halves joined together at an angle. that triangle piece between them doesnt seem to be included in the rectangle on the left (where all the other pieces are)
Nov 25, 2013, 04:42 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Interesting thought.... another warbird half sheeter!
Nov 26, 2013, 02:10 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Or P-39 ? add a little scoop behind the canopy ?
Latest blog entry: Lost plans

Quick Reply