Dec 30, 2011, 10:41 PM
Thread OP
Contest

2012 US F3F Team Selections...May 4th,5th, and 6th ....

SCSR is pleased to announce that we as an organization have been selected to host the first ever USA Team Selection event for the 2012 F3F World Championships held in Germany. We are excited and looking forward and all are welcome to attend!

Dates: May 4th, 5th, 6th 2012!

Locations: Point Fermin and White Point. Both slopes are located within 5 miles of each other in San Pedro, CA. Both slopes will be used to select the team.

Entry Fee: $120 (monies used for contest expenses, AMA fees, remainder to go to the 2012 USA F3F Team going to Germany.) Proof of AMA membership required.

Contest Director: Thomas Kiesling with years of FAI contest experience.

Jury Members: TBD

Scoring: Scoring will be done according to FAI rules and posted “Live” on-site within 20min after the completion of each round.

Protests: Must be made according to FAI rules. A $100 fee is required to make an official protest that will be refunded if your protest is awarded. If declined, the money will go to the 2012 team.

FAI Rules: The Team Selection will be run by FAI rules and enforced by the contest director. An appointed jury will be on site or on call if a ruling must be made.

Accommodations: There are many hotels and restaurants in San Pedro to choose from, all within minutes of both slopes. There are public restrooms at both sites and Point Fermin offers a nice park and picnic areas.

Registration: Begins the morning of Friday May 4th at 8:00am. Contest rounds to begin upon completion of registration and as conditions permit.

Pilots meeting: location and time to be announced prior to the contest.

Back-up Date: We will use Monday May 7th as a backup if an official result is not posted by the evening of Sunday May 6th.

Volunteers: SCSR is looking for volunteers to assist with pole duty and assisting the Contest director in running the competition.

Stay tuned for more information as we approach the contest dates…

Brandon Monte (SCSR Club President)
Kyle Paulson (Contest Organizer)
Last edited by Brandon; Jan 09, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2011, 11:45 AM
Challenge is rewarding
I am in for sure. I can remember competing army first Viking race qualifier, and now this will be the first WC Team Selection. I can't wait.
Dec 31, 2011, 12:32 PM
Concreteman will be in attendance.
Dec 31, 2011, 12:35 PM
Acacia II Lunar Lander
I'm sure I'll be volunteering at least one or two of those days. Should be a blast to watch!
Dec 31, 2011, 01:18 PM

Helpers

For those that are not aware….. for any FAI Team Selection it is not allowed that the pilots work as a base judge. So because of this it is required that all pole workers NOT be competing for the team. So with that said we can’t select the team without help from the community at large. So please talk to your friends, family and fly buddy’s and see if they can help us out.

You do not need years of experience…….. You just need a basic understanding of how F3F works and what the task is. My wife will likely be helping one or two of the days. She has never raced but she knows the basics and has helped work a pole or two when I have practiced in the past. So as you can see……just a willing body with a basic understanding. I will get you trained and ready for action….okay? Piece-of-cake!

For the most part we need pole workers but we also need one or two persons to help the CD facilitate things and to record and enter times.

For those who can help or if you know someone that will, could you please PM me with your “email” address so I can get a list going and communication started with the helpers.
Very excited……

Kyle
Last edited by Kyle Paulson; Dec 31, 2011 at 01:42 PM.
Dec 31, 2011, 01:38 PM

Thank You!

I just wanted to say thank you in advance to all those I have contacted to help organize the first ever World Championship F3F Team Selection held in the USA!!!

This has been quite a long process and I have made MANY phone calls getting a feel for what the F3F community would like to see. Many great suggestions and ideas and a lot of affirmation on many of my thoughts and ideas. Also some, “not a good idea Kyle” conversations. Thanks for that too!! There has been nothing but positive input, feedback and debate. Almost all decisions made were made with multiple minds involved. Thank you!

You know who you are….You guy’s rock! Thank you!

And two special words of thanks:

#1 Thomas Kiesling for stepping up as our CD! Dude you rock! For those that don’t know Tom…… he will do an AWSOME job….I’m sure of it! Be sure to thank him when you see him!

#2 David Olson for volunteering to have a live scoring system for us on site ready to print each round after the completion of each. That’s so cool! Thanks Dave!

Can’t wait for the day…….

Kyle
Dec 31, 2011, 01:48 PM

How many are needed to make an Official FAI Team?

3 Senior Pilots
1 Junior Pilot
1 Team Manager (this can also be one of the pilots, either-or)
Dec 31, 2011, 01:54 PM

Exciting Stuff......

We have quite a few F3F veterans who have not raced for some time, that are VERY interested in this event because of the fact that this is first ever F3F World Championships! I have talked to more than a few that are motivated and coming for a serious comeback attempt! That is so cool!

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST "USA" F3F RACE EVER! (If we get good wind )

I will shut up now!,,
Dec 31, 2011, 07:51 PM
building season is here.
This'll be lots of fun

Thanks David, Thomas and Rod for volunteering.

Sam
Dec 31, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mark Triebes
REALLY looking forward to this ... and I guarantee there will be a good showing by the NorCal boys!

Thanks to Kyle and all the others that helped this happen!

Mark Triebes
Jan 01, 2012, 12:58 PM
This is going to be a great contest. I am in!
DC

P.S. Kyle, do we get to wear the number thingies?
Jan 01, 2012, 04:46 PM
Yes...... you will be wearing a number "thingy" if you want your time/score to count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cortina
This is going to be a great contest. I am in!
DC

P.S. Kyle, do we get to wear the number thingies?
Jan 01, 2012, 06:47 PM
I'm your huckleberry
I'm in. Need to start practicing, when is the wind going to get here?

Bob
Jan 01, 2012, 07:29 PM
On the banana boat
My wife allways asks why the USA guy dont wear "number-thingies".

Philip
whos wife isnt native
Jan 01, 2012, 07:57 PM
Team USA F3F Member
cause there's not enough of us that we don't all know each other by first names...

Quick Reply