Dec 30, 2011, 03:01 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
Thread OP
Help!

FPV Newbie - Check my Setup before purchase?

Howdy guys!

Long time lurker here, finally looking to get started. I'm looking to setup my Radian for fpv with a video screen for viewing (for now).

I had a few questions, and also wanted to make sure I get the most for my buck here.

I know there are some crazy vids out there, but this one Impressed me, and I would like a similar distance
ReadyMadeRC 100mW 1.3GHz Transmitter: GoProHD analog output with Eagle Tree Pro OSD Overlay (3 min 49 sec)

Anyways, to the setup and questions............
I want to get the readymaderc custom 1.3ghz starter package shown here
for my selections

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=342

I was thinking.........

Camera - I would buy separate on ebay. The $25 ebay camera seems decent. I also have a sony bloggie I could maybe mess with?

Video TX- Probably the standard 1.3ghz 300mw? Although the guy in the video above is using the 150mw, and getting good range! Opinions?

Receiver- Standard

antenna - 8dbi patch antenna

batteries - upgrading to 1100mah for a buck seems like an obvious choice?

and no goggles and osd for now.

I'm thinking of using the 4.3" dealextreme backup screen with a custom helmet, or getting one of those Haier 10" tv's.........

My transmitter will be a JR sx600 72MHZ radio. Any opinions/advice on my set-up would be greatly appreciated
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2011, 03:08 PM
Why is the Rum gone?
Get a Corona RP8D1 receiver, they have great range for 72Mhz. You can bind it to any 72Mhz radio.
Dec 30, 2011, 03:38 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Crash's Guide to FPV Radians

read this will help you out.
Dec 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere
Crash's Guide to FPV Radians

read this will help you out.

good link, thanks