Jan 06, 2012, 02:48 PM
You know nothing....
Hello Guiseppe,nice to see you here.I built your 229 a few years ago,but my attempts at hot wire cutting were a failure.Still have the centre section,one these days I'll have another go at it.Did you increase the washout ?
Best regards Stuart
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart annat
Hello Guiseppe,nice to see you here.I built your 229 a few years ago,but my attempts at hot wire cutting were a failure.Still have the centre section,one these days I'll have another go at it.Did you increase the washout ?
Best regards Stuart
4 degrees, no modifications.

Try to find someone with a CNC hotwire cutter.
I did it with 2 templates and one fixed point wire.
You also may try a ribbed outer section drawing ribs with Profili2, it can easily draw intermediate sections and tabs for washout.

Ciao
Beppe

P.S.
please note
G I U seppe not G U I seppe as english speaking people usually write.
Jan 08, 2012, 11:19 AM
Brian,

I like em all!

Vern
Jan 09, 2012, 08:31 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!

baby Nurflügel

compared to all the wonders posted here, mine is miniscule at best
but, i thought you guys might like to see it anyways.

some info: 25 inch span, 17.8 grams weight, 2 6mm motors and counter rotating props, 1s 120mah cell. all balsa with a carbon center joiner. control is differential thrust from an old toy airplane. the wing has a full airfoil that goes from flat bottom in the center section, to reflexed at the tips. transition is about half way down the wing on either side and progressively stronger.
it flies very well and needs only the minimum throttle to float along, but it can fly faster and handle a bit of wind as well.
i would like to build a larger version with a single pusher motor and folding prop, but need to get the cores cut first. something like 48 inches would be a great size to take to my local park.
Jan 09, 2012, 09:03 PM
Just call me crash for short
derk, that is a sweet little wing. I've always liked the differential thrust setup.

Mark
Jan 10, 2012, 02:27 PM
Designing something...
Although I don't have a model of one of these yet. I do have factory drawings and foam cores for the wings already cut out for a 1/4 scale model.

Brian
Last edited by cpdude; Jan 10, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Jan 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
Why I don't believe you can technically call this a pure Horton design (as it has 2 vertical stabilizers)It was certainly inspired by the Horton Brothers. I thought a few people might find the video of interest. I still fly the rebuild of this model and it is one of my favorites.
Catastropic inflight destruction of a Flying Wing (5 min 11 sec)
Jan 12, 2012, 09:51 PM
Retired CAD guy
Hey Joel !!!

Welcome to the Nurflügel forum !

Kites or Models it all FUN !

Brian - you have Genisis too !! WOW

we are all sick !

I met Jim Marske several decades ago when we lived in the Midwest.
He spoke at our model club meetings
and EAA meetings as well as John Joncz too !

He did a bang up at a SHS meeting in Bryan Ohio b4 Dick Schreader go bad and died !
That waa a exciting meeting as he also flew his Monarch for Auto tow.

Bob
Jan 17, 2012, 10:37 AM

Mico-Elli --> Horti

Two pictures of my Horti, a 1,5m Horten wing.

--
steve
Jan 17, 2012, 10:41 AM
Everything's A Composite
Nice Steve, what covering did you use?

Kent
Jan 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Kent,

is used this heat shrinking polyester tissue. It looks like paper tissue but it is much more durable.

steve
Jan 17, 2012, 12:55 PM
Horten 1

You said in your Jan 5th post that the FMT plan of the Ho 33 was not so good a design. What do you think is wrong with it, as I would still like to build one. Maybe to redesign it and remove weaknesses etc it could be a good flyer.

Regards John
Feb 15, 2012, 02:24 PM
Nice thread! Here's one of mine, built with carbon tubes and kite fabric.

It's not a bad flyer, but could use some refinement.

John
Feb 15, 2012, 02:33 PM
Retired CAD guy
Nice size, Nice effort !

Looking good !

Bob

Quick Reply