New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:27 PM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
Excellant work , now I can see what you mean , I may cut mine as you are raising the bar in my low end bash lol !!!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by kahloq
Friend of mine has the Pica fw-190 d9 same as yours..pica and platt are same plane. He put the exhaust stacks on similar to what I did here and he did recess them. But he also built the plane from plans.

Here's a pic of his
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:29 AM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
looks good and good choice of paint !!!.
Not sure , I am going to revisit it tonight
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:22 PM
I glued the exhausts on and added a bit of carbon exhaust like staining. Still needs more weathering, but, its passable I suppose.

Wanted to test out how they look on the graupner D9 before making a larger set for the ESM. At least with the ESM, there IS a recessed area for the exhausts, so they wont stick out quite so far.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:18 PM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
You know I do think they give the illusion of depth .
I am hoping to get back to mine this weekend before I travel for business .
Kahlog I am going to have to pick your eflight knowledge on the LxP40 , tons of confusing info .
Let me know when you have time and I send you a PM .
Between the KV on motor , the batteryies ect , its really weird stuff , I think LX has the stock motor rated wrong , they said its a 60 but its close to a 90 in KV , so when trying to upgrade to a power 90 it makes no sense , a 110 looks more appropriate
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:18 PM
You can send me a PM about it or any questions any time. I check rcg everyday usually(except weds)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by pencon
I know this is way later .. LDM any progress on your FW ? Mines a PICA but it was Platt before Pica purchased the rights . Here she is on Youtube .. great flier , you won't regret it .
Pica Fockewulf with working exhaust stacks and KMP Hawker Hurricane Watch in HD (6 min 40 sec)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:38 PM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
Pencon, it's funny I watched your video a while back very motivational ! Great job !
My plane is on my board all I need to do is add aileron servo and finishing painting .
It's a winter project because i am working on my LX 80 " P40 .
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:04 PM
Make sure to add the split flaps . Mine weighs over 12 lbs and without the flaps I wouldn't feel that confidant about the landings . With the flaps it floats in solid and steady .Century jet Retracts are still good after all this time . I did have to add a little silicon based oil to swell the seals. They do have a weak point where the oleo attaches so you gotta grease it in nice . I've broken about 4 attachment pins sofar .In these pics the cowl has been repaired after the spinner came loose in flight and ate it .I played around a little with aluminum tape on the leading edge to make it look like a war time repair . The inner panel is actually .025 aluminum sheet .No wonder the thing weighs a ton hey ?
Last edited by pencon; Aug 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
Great build my friend , and yes scroll back a few and I did add the spilt flaps .
Yours is a classic and that is why I want to slow by build down and add some more details .
I have electric retracts but I am sure I will have to eventully go to CJ or spring air 80 degree
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:38 PM
You'd probably be better off with spring airs. Did you manage to get the electric retracts working ? I saw your post on hobby king and you were having trouble with one . Are they worth buying ? I was thinking about buying a set for my Airkill Macchi c200 kit after I build a new wing for it ..(stock one sucks)
Last edited by pencon; Aug 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:52 PM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
I did as the supplier replaced the one free of charge , but they have not been field tested yet .
I do like them and the gear legs are nice especially for he money , just be careful on the weight , I would not go over 14lbs
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:23 PM
Have you painted it yet? Or do you plan a repaint I should say ?Sorry I haven't read the whole thread ..