Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:44 AM
Rickochet is offline
Find More Posts by Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart
Rickochet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_S View Post
So, is the original Easy Star extinct? I just bombed mine yesterday and I started searching for a replacement only to find they've all been replaced with EZ2's. Sucks. I have so much specifically made for the dimensions of the original.

Well... I guess I'll have to get with the times. Are there any lists of recommended mods / power systems / whatever for the EZ2?
I do not see the ES V1 kits available anywhere, only the RTF. Do some internet searching and you might be able to find the parts. BP hobbies has most everything except for the fuse. This company appears to have the fuse in stock (I have never used this company). http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Mult...mpum224193.htm

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V702096
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:48 AM
mike_o is offline
Find More Posts by mike_o
Registered User
mike_o's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_S View Post
So, is the original Easy Star extinct? I just bombed mine yesterday and I started searching for a replacement only to find they've all been replaced with EZ2's. Sucks. I have so much specifically made for the dimensions of the original.

Well... I guess I'll have to get with the times. Are there any lists of recommended mods / power systems / whatever for the EZ2?
It's available in Europe ($40 kit version), but I don't know about the US.

The EZ2 power system options and recommendations are listed at least 20 times in the EZ2 thread. If you can't be bothered to look it up, then the quick reply is: 2830mm, 1100KV outrunner driving the well designed, stock 7x6 folding prop, 3S LiPo and 30A ESC.
Last edited by mike_o; Feb 16, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:25 PM
B dog is offline
Find More Posts by B dog
Registered User

MPX ES2 vs Hitec Sky Scout COG differences.


I recently bought a Hitec Sky Scout and my LHS ordered me a Multiplex East Star 2, so far they seem identical but the instructions show different center of gravity. The ES2 shows 78mm and the SS shows 85mm. I haven't built them yet so i'll see if all the parts are truly the same.
Brian
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:52 PM
Wingwrecker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingwrecker
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Wingwrecker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
It's available in Europe ($40 kit version), but I don't know about the US.

The EZ2 power system options and recommendations are listed at least 20 times in the EZ2 thread. If you can't be bothered to look it up, then the quick reply is: 2830mm, 1200KV outrunner driving the well designed, stock 7x6 folding prop, 3S LiPo and 30A ESC.
Can you link to the EZ2 thread?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:59 AM
Colonel Blink is offline
Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Et voila!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1525403
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:03 PM
Wingwrecker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingwrecker
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Wingwrecker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Awesome, thanks!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:50 AM
Drone Minds is offline
Find More Posts by Drone Minds
@saradroneminds
Drone Minds's Avatar
This is my first flight and flying video of the year the other week in the snow, using my trusty EasyStar one with added ailerons.
Easystar FPV Elvington Airfield and Museum in Snow (3 min 23 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:58 PM
scottdearinger is offline
Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Flying UK View Post
This is my first flight and flying video of the year the other week in the snow, using my trusty EasyStar one with added ailerons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX79JjqJC5E
Nice video dude !!!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:00 PM
scottdearinger is offline
Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
please forgive off topic video- but I wanted to show my friends here the test of the HK wingcam ll 1080p camera- $92 and gopro quality... Also scott and Bob fly with Bald Eagles

Soaring RC Radians with Bald Eagles (7 min 11 sec)
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:50 PM
Karl Bē is offline
Find More Posts by Karl Bē
29 rods from you in western WI
Karl Bē's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
scott and Bob fly with Bald Eagles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af1ph321ec8
Nice eagle footage! I've flown with them once or twice but never captured video. Good camera quality, too.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:19 PM
scottdearinger is offline
Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bē View Post
Nice eagle footage! I've flown with them once or twice but never captured video. Good camera quality, too.

thanks karl it was great fun and I never flew with Eagles before- a vulture or hawk occaisionally - but not a bald eagle
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:48 AM
Drone Minds is offline
Find More Posts by Drone Minds
@saradroneminds
Drone Minds's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
please forgive off topic video- but I wanted to show my friends here the test of the HK wingcam ll 1080p camera- $92 and gopro quality... Also scott and Bob fly with Bald Eagles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af1ph321ec8
Nice, I do love those HK wing cams. Haven't tried V2 yet, but I will. They're great for getting different angles and views, stick 'em pretty much anywhere.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:03 AM
Flypoppa is online now
Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
please forgive off topic video- but I wanted to show my friends here the test of the HK wingcam ll 1080p camera- $92 and gopro quality... Also scott and Bob fly with Bald Eagles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af1ph321ec8
Great. A joy to watch.
I got a refund on my dodgy HK wing cam and got a #18 key fob. Not flown it yet, crappy weather, but static test looks OK
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:44 AM
Terry Rigden is online now
Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Registered User
Terry Rigden's Avatar
Scott nice video , loved the eagles. Shows the improvement in the mk 2 camera. BTW whats the altimeter ?

Terry
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:02 PM
Colonel Blink is offline
Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
I don't think my fading eyes would even see my model at 1500ft+... Are you sure you zeroed it before take off?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale NIP proline tires with foams and ultra foams 48chebbie Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 0 Dec 09, 2011 04:47 PM
For Sale 1.9 Dark Soul wheels with Cobra tires and memory foams ATCH Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2011 06:14 PM
Discussion Different foams south.tx.dead.I Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 2 Sep 27, 2011 03:40 PM
Discussion Foams Guz Composites Fabrication 10 Apr 09, 2011 08:25 AM
Discussion Depron/Wall Foams highdesert Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 21 Mar 19, 2011 10:57 PM