Thread Tools
Mar 05, 2013, 03:17 PM
Registered User
I had to connect mine the same as you Soupbones to get it to work,Marty.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2013, 03:12 PM
Registered User
Soupbones's Avatar
I don't think it was the screen printing on the board thta was the error. More likely an issue with the chip that controls the serial for the GPS input. I would say some were programmed to have the t and RX go to certain pins on the board, while others were reversed. Accidently most likely.
Either way it was dam annoying.
Mar 07, 2013, 10:32 AM
Registered User
Hi all,

I would like to know which Firmware you think is the best one? I was using 1.208, maybe since 1.208 some good stuff was added.

Cheers.
Last edited by voodou; Mar 07, 2013 at 10:45 AM.
Mar 07, 2013, 10:48 AM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodou
Hi all,

I would like to know which Firmware you think is the best one? I was using 1.208, maybe since 1.208 some good stuff was added.

Cheers.
The newest one 1.230!
Mar 07, 2013, 11:06 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
The newest one 1.230!
See a real difference in flying? With some we had to add a 5v bec to avoid troubles.
Mar 07, 2013, 11:15 AM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Why would there be any difference in flight characteristics, have you read the change log for 1.230 before asking stupid questions?
Mar 07, 2013, 11:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
Why would there be any difference in flight characteristics, have you read the change log for 1.230 before asking stupid questions?
I did but since 1.208 maybe there were some changes...

Some prefer formers firmwares due to heigh lock or any other reasons...
Mar 07, 2013, 11:24 AM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
OK that might have been a bit harsh but has there ever been a problem with how the Rabbit fly’s & has that ever been changed in any firmware, NO.
It’s the other functions mainly GPS that have changed in new firmware’s & they are what have been improved in this latest release, they actually work now!
Mar 07, 2013, 11:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
OK that might have been a bit harsh but has there ever been a problem with how the Rabbit fly’s & has that ever been changed in any firmware, NO.
It’s the other functions mainly GPS that have changed in new firmware’s & they are what have been improved in this latest release, they actually work now!
Great news! Thanks for all
Mar 07, 2013, 02:56 PM
Registered User
I'm selling my Rabbit with GPS on ebay. I have to many FC's and I seem to be more interested in Arducopter so the Rabbit is just sitting. It has the latest firmware and like Nebstress said it flies very stable and has with every firmware release. I've never had any problems with it that weren't operator induced.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160986992309
Mar 10, 2013, 09:08 AM
RC Wannabe!
areis81's Avatar
i can't get rid of the 'toilet bowl' effect when PH with latest firmware. everything was perfect with firmware 1.211

any idea? i really can't post a pic of the GUI because i'm really trying avery setting with GPS, and everything else is ok. any help?
Mar 10, 2013, 09:49 AM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by areis81
i can't get rid of the 'toilet bowl' effect when PH with latest firmware. everything was perfect with firmware 1.211

any idea? i really can't post a pic of the GUI because i'm really trying avery setting with GPS, and everything else is ok. any help?
Declination!
Mar 10, 2013, 09:58 AM
RC Wannabe!
areis81's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
Declination!
in my area is 1° 40" EAST, positive.

i tried with 1 and with 2 in the field. i cannot enter the 'comma' to set it complete. am i doing something wrong?
Mar 11, 2013, 01:13 AM
RC Wannabe!
areis81's Avatar
so, i tried with +1, +2, -1, -2. i always get toilet bowl effect.
i just re-did all the calibrations, horizontal and mag. nothing changes.

any idea?
Mar 11, 2013, 02:52 AM
Registered User
Take extra care to compass calibration
It has something to do with your compass


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Multicopter Flight Controller Comparison Chart mbsteed Multirotor Drone Talk 27 Jun 13, 2015 09:41 AM
Discussion Free Flight FF Auto Balance Controller with 3D Acceleration Sensor For QuadCopter C team MOD Multirotor Drone Electronics 5803 Jun 26, 2014 05:40 PM
Discussion New quadcopter frame only (compatible with KK/MK MultiCopter Controller ) udoor Multirotor Drone Talk 23 Aug 07, 2011 12:05 PM
Sold FY90Q Flight Controller for Quadcopter - $70 shipped jpsabo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2011 10:21 AM
For Sale Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller Kit madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 26, 2011 08:58 AM